my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





...join us over at Kelli's "There is no place like home"!!

<><><>

I truly love these last three months of the year [October, November and December]!!! It's a great deal of fun trying to make the house festive for the special days ahead. So, I've packed my Halloween stuff away in boxes yesterday, and got them back in the storage this morning, and brought out the Autumn Decorations.....


Once again, it's Friday. That means it's time for Show N Tell! I must say that this is one of my favorite memes. In fact, when our kids were small and still in school...I had fun with them trying to pick out something to take to school for their show n tell!! So, now that that is said and done and October is over, it's time to think "Turkey Day" around our home!


And for me, it's not Autumn and our country's Thanksgiving without a cornucopia. [That's a hard word to spell! *giggles* I always want an 'a' between the corn-, and the -copia, and spell check lets me know I'm a dumby!!!] And with this, I show you the centerpiece on our dining room table. It consists of quite a few little things. A very small cornucopia, filled with autumn leaves and tiny pine cones. Right at the tip of the opening is a miniature ceramic scarecrow.


On either side I've placed two new autumn - faceless and graceful looking angels that I picked up at a local supermarket [HEB's---you Texans will know that name]. The wings are iron with leaves entwined in and around. Also, you'll notice the two turkeys, in the second photo. They're actually salt and pepper shakers. [My mother's. Her collecting fetish was salt/pepper sets - and yes, the seasonings come out the rear end! Which dear hubby thinks is "the best hootin' fun a guy can have on Turkey Day", except for Dallas Cowboy games.] Tossed here and there are orange, green and maroon maple leaves.

[images can be enlarged]

<><><>

Letter to a friend from a man at a health farm: "Help! Send me a file with a cake in it."

<><><>

FRIDAY'S FEAST



Appetizer
How much money do you plan to spend this upcoming holiday season?

LOL....I don't spend money...it's all on plastic. How's that for getting off cheap? [I know, I know...lol]


Soup
What was the last television show you watched, and was it good?

Some weird thing on Sci Fi last night....really weird. I think I dozed off. It was something hubby wanted to see....me, no!


Salad
If you had to paint the walls of your living room tomorrow, what color would you choose?

Awwwwwwwww, come on. I just finished this year repainting walls. It's two toned---light turquoise on top...dark sea blue-turquoise on the bottom. The two colors are separated by a carved wood quarter-round.


Main Course
Name something clever or practical you have thought of that should be invented, but hasn’t yet.

Funny, I was just saying to hubby this week; a couple of bank robberies in our city ---with that, I was wondering why these banks don't figure out a way to add cameras to the bank tellers' counters---it's pointing right up to the 'robber's face!!! I don't know if that's an 'invention'....but it's a great idea. Close-ups!! Robbers. Good idea, cameras.

Butch Cassidy: "[spanish] Manos a... Manos, um..."
[Butch pulls out a card that helps him remember his words]
Butch Cassidy: "Manos arriba!"
Sundance Kid: "They got 'em up! Skip on down."
Butch Cassidy: "Arriba!"
Sundance Kid: "Skip on down!"
Butch Cassidy: "Todos ustedes "arrismense" a la pared."
Sundance Kid: "They're against the wall already!"
Butch Cassidy: "Donde... Ah, you're so damn smart, You read it! "

~From my all time favorite Western movie....Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now I could go for those two guys coming in to rob ME!! *giggles*


Dessert
List 3 things you would like to receive as gifts this upcoming holiday season.

Well, to wish in one hand and poop in the other ...which one would fill the quicker? So...since wishes are JUST THAT ---wishes, I'll list three extravagances...
1]A million dollars
2]Round the World Trip
3]DIAMONDS.

hehehehehe


<><><>



Dear Mary has tagged me with
SEVEN RANDOM FACTS.

1] I am not a neat freak!! Ever since I was a kid, I had to share a room with my sister. HER half of the room was neat, and uncluttered....while my side was 'unmade' and stuff scattered everywhere. Now, hubby is always picking up after me as he is such a neat and 'everything in its place' kinda guy....me leaving a bottle of water on the table brings out his obsessive behavior to get it back in the refrigerator. So, I leave things lying around *shrug*.....Eventually it will get picked up by him, if not? ---give me a week or two. Hehehehehe

2] This morning the fog is really thick outdoors! I think, of all the weather phenomenons ----FOG is my favorite.

3] Roses are my favorite flower. Scarlett Knight is my all time favorite rose 'color'!!

4] When it comes to wood finishing....I love the deep, dark, rich browns [mahogany, dark cherry] best. Light wood colors seem sickly and pale. [light oak, etc.]

5] After all these years, I still drool over a man in a uniform!!

6] I will NOT eat margarine!!!

7] I love to challenge myself with arts & crafts [tho, I don't find time enough to do it as often as I like, now that the computer has been part of my life---but, I am getting back into "the swing" again]


....and since I don't tag anyone myself, just feel free to list seven random statements of yourself, and I'd be happy to read 'em!!! Let me know.


36 comments :

  1. Anni,

    What a beautiful center piece. It's gorgeous. Canadian Thanksgiving is over, so I will have to wait until next year. Or maybe I will celebrate US Thanksgiving along with you.

    I've tagged you for a quick meme if you'd like to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I have tagged you for a short meme if you would like to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute Thanksgiving things you have! I will probably put mine up in a few days. I love this time of year too! It's one fun thing after another. We need a really fun Holiday in the middle of January. They should make a snow festival day or something! LOL!

    Hugs! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely decorations! I got distracted reading your scrolling blog tips in the sidebar. I learned while I visited, thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this time of year too.
    Beautiful decorations!
    I need to get mine started. I have been slow going this year :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cornucopia centrepiece, Anni...beautiful.

    I laughed at your random seven...I have to pick up after myself, there's no one else to do it for me and like you, I refuse to eat margarine also. Gimme the real thing...butter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were very busy with your post today. I love your centerpiece. This is something I have to work on in my house. I don't give that the attention it needs.

    My brother is just like your husband. His wife hardly has to do anything around the house. Now he is retired and she really has it made. Although the poor girl has to watch what she puts down because she can't guarantee it will be there when she gets back.lol

    Take care,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new signature and the cornucopia (my blogger's spell check doesn't work for some reason, so not to worry!).
    This week I am sharing a tiny work of art. I hope you'll stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni,

    Thanks for taking part in the tag. I really dislike tagging people but everyone is such good sports. I do appreciate your sportsmanship and friendship. :-)

    I always enjoy your postings and come here daily even if I don't post. I love that header you have up. It's beautiful and fits the season perfectly. Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a cornucopia in Tuesday Morning that I need to buy. Maybe I'll wait till it goes 50% off after Thanksgiving and have it for next year.

    Please go back and check out the picture - I must have accidentally deleted it when I was fixing spacing this morning just before hitting "Publish" Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot - I am north of Denver, and have been for many years. Come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your centerpieces. I am so excited Christmas is almost here. I get to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy! You musta been sittin' on top of the Friday Feast to find it so quickly! I agree with your cameras... GOOD idea!

    I'm not a neat freak either (anymore)... I was though... once upon a time! And I might be AGAIN when the LAST kid moves out!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Feast Day. Really great Main Course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. E-mail me and I'll tell you exactly where! YOu can go to unday, September 16, 2007
    Welcome to My Neighborhood! on my blog and you can see the pictures I took for that post. You might recognize it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. H.A.! Now which one should I comment on...
    Your thanksgiving decorations are getting me in the mood and your feast is cracking me up again. Darn I forgot all about diamonds and money for the gifts I want!! Have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your angels from Hebby are so pretty! And the fog! I was amazed how the fog in Corpus would last ALL Day! Where I live now it's gone by 10 a.m. I love how your feast gives wild wishes! I tried to think of accessible things. :D Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your salad sounds wonderful!! I loved you feast this week--including your wish list :) Glad we are not exchanging gifts this year (diamonds!)LOL. Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice Thanksgiving decorations! I hope to get mine up this weekend, the pilgrims and turkeys go well with my scarecrow collection!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your updated blog looks beautiful! I like your cornicopia (sp?) I have one myself. I think they look so neat stuffed full of autumn pretties.

    I refuse to eat margarine also. YUCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the new look of your blog!! :)

    Great feast. I really like the turkeys you have in your centerpiece too!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful center piece!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, a beatufil centerpiece! I love the october/november and December mothes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Well, to wish in one hand and poop in the other ...which one would fill the quicker?" -- now that is just BRILLIANT.

    I love the new decorations! I'm so pooped out after all the effort to decorate Halloween that I'm taking a long time to dismantle all the decor.... sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Had to stop in and see your site and I am glad I did. You certainly are a HOOT! I loved the Halloween message that you did. You are ahead of me, my Halloween stuff is still right on the front porch but I am going to go bring it in now. You've inspired me!! Love your Thanksgiving decorations too. Come by and visit, I'm always home with the coffee pot on!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your new look!! Your center piece is so pretty! Kelly put the KC Chiefs icon up on the side bar and it looks GREAT!! Thanks again!!

    I am out saying Hi to every one today!! I Missed every one a lot and I was only gone a couple of days!! Love and Hugs Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Anni :) What fun to visit you! I agree with you about the cornucopia - just a must for fall. We have a basket one that I fill with fruits and nuts and such, and a terra cotta one that is filled with flowers and plants. have a blessed wknd! Q

    ReplyDelete
  28. I could totally go for your feast dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the Thanksgiving Centerpiece!

    I don't do much decorating for Thanksgiving. We used to go away for this holiday every year, so I have never really done a lot with it. Now we stay home--Guess I should get some pilgrims and turkeys and get busy!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved your feast and your sense of humor!
    Your main course is a great idea. Cameras at the tellers window would definitely deter bank robbers or catch them!

    Eleisia at
    http://www.twomomsinablog.com/inthekitchen

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the centerpiece with the hard to spell cornucopia! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your dessert! Your cameras are a great idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love this time of year too.
    Beautiful decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Loved your cornucopia with all the little things in it. My mom collected salt and pepper shakers, too, and it still gives me a bit of a pang now when I see some in the stores. I still feel like buying them for her, though she passed on almost 2 years ago. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Funny funny Erma Bombeck comment.
    All your posts were a hoot. Nice decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely Thanksgiving centerpiece! I think this is such a wonderful time of year too!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

.