my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





- - - -

A candle's glow in the dark!










Each Halloween Night, when it gets dark, and we're eating our dinner. The house is darkened and the numerous candles around for decoration pieces are lighted. The eerie glow makes for a great spooky evening. The two of us pop in a movie to fit the night's theme and dine by candlelight while watching a horror movie! The top two photos are on our fireplace's mantle on each side of my fiber optic scarecrow...it's huge!! [and reminiscent of Chucky the evil doll mixed with a little of the scarecrow in Jeepers Creepers]. It too is lighted for the night. [You can see the scarecrow if you come back on Monday I'm standing by the fireplace with my Fun Monday assignment.] Besides the brass holders, on each side near the brick are gargoyles --one on each side. I used only the sunlight filtering through to snap these two photos, so they're kinda dark. Orange and black candles. In the middle photo you see my black candelabra with black candles. Most years this is encased in spider webbing, but since I was operated on, I haven't had the 'umphf' it takes to do many extras this year. Just sitting them out without much ado. Then, the two candle photos below are 1) the skull light; sitting on the dining room hutch. It has a tea candle inside. The eyes glow with the yellow orange shades of the flickering light. And, 2) below the skull candle holder are the three smaller ceramic ghosts and one larger ghost with a tealight candle all are sitting beside my black wrought iron spider basket, with white candles, naturally.....

<><><>



<><><>

Appetizer
If you were a dog, what breed would you be, and why?

With my heritage I'd more than likely be an Irish Wolfhound, and for the lack of the typical Irish red hair, I couldn't be the Irish Setter --but, I do SIT a lot. On second thought, within the last few generations, I could also be considered a MUTT!!

Soup
What does the color purple make you think of?

Several things. Right now, the baseball team, Rockies. Then going along on the "several things" ---purple mountains' magesty, shades of purple seen in sunsets, plums, grapes, one of our bedrooms [the walls], my birthstone.....etc.


Salad

Approximately how long does it take you to get ready each morning?

Ready? Ready for what? This could mean a whole slew of things. If the general idea is determined here, I'm ready and awake within minutes of getting out of bed. I don't work outside the home any longer...so, there is actually no "getting ready"....if I get out of bed each morning, that's ready to face the day!!! If it's ready to go somewhere, I'm partially ready by then 'cause I'm dressed ---by putting shoes on, I'm considered ready. The term getting ready is just too vague here.


Main Course

How many cousins do you have, and are you close to them?

Are you kidding me? I wouldn't have any idea without a calculator!!! I just don't have that many toes and fingers to count 'em!! Let me put it this way....my mom had 8 brothers and 1 sister. Of those, only two remained unmarried, so technically I don't know if the "single" had any kids --they were uncles and you know what they say?---"Everyone knows who their mother is, but no-one knows for sure who their father is"....these two uncles could have fathered some kids and there's 'no record'....right? Who knows. *shrug* So, [2+6+2+4+3+1+0+0+4=22 cousins]. My dad had two sisters [5+4=9] - all together 31!! And we all grew up and lived in different states, so the 'familia' is not strong at all. We know of each other and have had visits from time to time, but there is no closeness other than a week or two here or a day there. I am closer with my nieces and nephews being that I was a lot younger than my siblings and I more or less grew up with them instead of cousins!!!

Dessert
Take your initials (first, middle, last) and come up with something else those letters could stand for. (Example: SFO = Sweet Funny Otter)

H A which equals to: ha ha ha ha!!!

*PS -I could use my FULL Name with initials!!! Greta Olivia Temperance Catherine Harriet Annabelle!!! That would spell GOTCHA!!! But I won't use those names today. ;o) I'll stick with my first and last names....Hootin' Anni. HA HA HA!!! Shorter that way.


<><><>



A different week. And new and different treats handed out.
This week's treat:



Each day up until Halloween [October 31st]
I will be handing out
a treat for 1 - 5[one to five] bloggers who drop by
during the week for visiting.
You're more than welcomed to pass it along
to ones you think are deserving of a special treat
for the season.
Kinda like "Pay it Forward"
Y'know, one goodwill gesture deserves another?
But DON'T just choose your friends
making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...
Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!

It seems that 'awards' are floating around blogland
and just "blog friends" get chosen all the time.
Make it RANDOM!!

If you do decide to share it with others
then, USE THIS "TREAT" IMAGE and
link it back to my blog and
explain where the idea originated.
Click on the image to expand and then save for displaying on your blog if you choose.

<><><>
MY TREATS TODAY GO TO:

Puss in Boots @ Kat's Cradle

Paisley @ Paisley's Blog o rama

Kat @ Kat's Krackerbox

Laura @ The Safe Harbor

Heidi @ Hydes Like Us:

42 comments :

  1. Thank you for the treats! You're such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that Halloween treat, Annie. I shall think on that one.

    As for having all those scary decorations and watching a scary movie with just those lights...no thanks! I'd have nightmares for a week...lol.

    However, you enjoy your scary movies and thanks again for the treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your spooky candles. You and your hubby sound so cute...watching scary movies in the dark, how fun!

    Come over to Rose of Sharon and see my Halloween decorations, I have two posts with pictures of my kitchen decorations. Not as spooky as yours, but nonetheless fun!

    :0) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hootin' Anni -

    I have tried twice to add you as a favorite and it won't work. What is your URL? I wonder if I am using the correct one.

    Thanks, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..so sweet of u to create treats..
    Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your spooky candles...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those candles are great. ('m glad that my computer is done too coz I really missed you guys.
    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can tell how much you love Halloween. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cooool candles! you guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. funny dessert there! hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I *nearly* thought of mutt, or even the runt! I'm one of eight and often reminded that I was the runt of the litter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your candles are so cute. You and your hubby really get into the Halloween spirit. Love your idea about candlelight during dinner and then a scary movie.

    Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. You are always so kind.

    Take care,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha ha... love your dessert, Anni! Very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had to light all our candles Wednesday evening because our electricity went out during one of our violent storms!! Always makes me aware how it would have been to lived in those days!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your dessert!!!!
    and those candlelight dinners :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hootin'anni,

    Love the candles and the decorations. That skull is scary! And your Friday feast is interesting and fun to read. Love visiting your blog. Have a wonderfully spooky weekend.

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love candles!!

    I never had cousins - both my mom's siblings married, but neither had children. My dad only has one sibling, and he didn't marry. My own children have 16 cousins (3 on my side and 13 on my hubby's)!!

    I answered your question in my comments, but thought i'd stop by here and paste it (I hope you don't mind)

    I got the train letters at either AC Moore or Micheal's. They were sold individually, and I used our acrylic paints to paint them - paints I had from other projects.

    I bought the race car at Michael's. It just says Wood Model Kit and it is distrubted by Micheal's store. It comes with the pre-cut sanded wood, 4 paint colors, glue, paintbrush and sandpaper - I paid $.99.

    After Quintin painted the projects, we sprayed them with a clear finish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni, it's always a treat visiting you :))

    I enjoy your sense of humor so much and I'm leaving your page with a smile on my face...thanks for that!

    Loved your feast (especially the "getting ready" part) lol!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Double, double toil and trouble;
    Fire burn and cauldron bubble."

    I love Shakespeare.

    And ditto on the candles. Your feast is original and a lot of fun!

    My feast is now at Thought Suite.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mutts are some of the most loyal pets. Not a bad dog to pick, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for the treats. I've been doing like you, giving out four Treats a day and hope by the time Halloween rolls around I will have given out treats to all on my faves listing.
    I'm pretty much like you on the "ready" list - when I wake up, I'm ready - at least if I don't eat anything. If I eat though, I get sleepy and end up taking a nap and then, the process starts all over again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think this holiday is just up your spooky ally! Your feast is cracking me up! Enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL you are awesome!!


    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh you make me laugh and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the answers for your purple and a really clever dessert. Have a spooky Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great Blog!! I love the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ok--I just do not know what is wrong with me!! I never , no never, can find your comment area--this time I clicked on some people's comments on the side bar and I thought that it didn't work and tried for ten minutes. Finally , I gave up and came back (hours later) and tried again. Then I realized if I clicked on the comment and scrolled way down your page I found the area for comments. I feel like I have passed a rite of passage and now I will give up commenting!! heee, hee, haaa haaa! (she says in frustration ;-)_

    ReplyDelete
  28. My initials are B.S. - what could that possibly stand for?!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your feast!!! Your dessert had me laughing!! Hope you have a great Friday@

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all your wonderful decorations both in your home and on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great feast! i love your dessert :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy FF! Your blog always gives me a good laugh! Have a GREAT weekend!

    Jennifer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Anni :) It's so fun to visit you. Thanks for your show and tell. Do you really have six names? Blessings! Q

    ReplyDelete
  34. So funny as yesterday I called myself a mutt during my insane long 100 meme. I thought no. 29 of my 100 was up your alley: My Dad's great-grandfather found a fortune in Spanish doubloons in a hollowed out oak tree in South Texas. But, as he had 8 kids that had 8 kids that...you get the idea....there is no money left. His only claim to fame is he owned the first car in the Corpus Christi area.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your site looks marvellous!

    I enjoyed reading your feast.

    Have a happy weekend!

    welcome at Laane's feast

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your spooky candles. I like watching scary movies, but my hubby doesn't like them :o(

    I also have been putting these decorations around the house that make spooky sounds when someone walks by. They've spooked the hubby quite a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  37. That's it, I'm comin' to your house on Halloween night!! hehe I can just imagine how spookily fabulous it looks with all those candles lit up. Love it!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hehehe ! we had the same spirit for the answers !!

    And of course I don't have 12 middle names but almost everybody believed it !! It was just a joke because I couldn't find any words.

    Today my painting group's Exposition starts here in Waterloo and I have to be "presentable" to receive the VIPs of Waterloo, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  39. i love how you decorate your house for halloween and your blog layout is just too fun =]... even passing out treats. i'd say you are the biggest halloween fan i've seen here in blogland.

    thanks for sharing and have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Anni ~~ Thank you for your comment. I agree Olive is amazing for her age, So alert and bright. I loooked tonight and she has 160
    birthday comments. It sounds a bit scary at your house!! Take care, Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I loved those candles too!! We like candles with our dinner as well around here.

    ReplyDelete

.