“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes







About | Theme: PRACTICAL | Roll
Next week "PINK"

practical
Part of Speech: adjective 1
Definition: realistic
Synonyms: applied, businesslike, commonsensical, constructive, doable, down-to-earth, efficient, empirical, experimental, factual, feasible, functional, handy, hard-boiled*, implicit, in action, in operation, matter-of-fact*, operative, orderly, possible, practicable, pragmatic, rational, reasonable, sane, sensible, serviceable, sober, solid, sound, systematic, unidealistic, unromantic, usable, useful, utile, utilitarian, virtual, workable, workaday, working

Matilda's back! And she's showing practical in the sense of USABLE & USEFUL.
She's modeling just how practical a mirror can be!

Mirror, mirror, on the wall
Who's the bestest witch of all?


Stray hair here, wrinkles there.
The devil's dimple in my chin.
green & slimy is my skin, ...
Look at me, as I preen,
"Tis my day, my Halloween.

I fly through the air, way up so high
My element's the darkened, October sky
At times, I'll dance hither 'n' yon
From the bewitching hour on 'til dawn
Skipping 'round a sparklin' star 'r two
BEST WITCHES to him, to her, to you!!
Zooming past the golden moon
It's soon! It's coming soon!!
If you're unlucky, I can be seen.
'Tis my night, my Halloween!
~ ~ ~authored by Matilda ©2007

MATILDA: "The definition above says "realistic"...for practical!"
*cackles*
MATILDA: "Besides, realistically speaking, I'm pretty and the MAGICAL practical mirrors prove it!"




* * * * *

My Special Halloween Guest this season has a poll for the hunters this week. All about the practical use of magical mirrors!! Won't you stop to vote?

Poll is now closed - results shown on Sunday's blog entry
* * * * *

added: Note-If you want practical, check out Raymond's blog today. Hehehehe


<><><>
<><><>



A different week. And new and different treats handed out.
This week's treat:



Each day up until Halloween [October 31st]
I will be handing out
a treat for 1 - 5[one to five] bloggers who drop by
during the week for visiting.
You're more than welcomed to pass it along
to ones you think are deserving of a special treat
for the season.
Kinda like "Pay it Forward"
Y'know, one goodwill gesture deserves another?
But DON'T just choose your friends
making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...
Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!

It seems that 'awards' are floating around blogland
and just "blog friends" get chosen all the time.
Make it RANDOM!!

If you do decide to share it with others
then, USE THIS "TREAT" IMAGE and
link it back to my blog and
explain where the idea originated.
Click on the image to expand and then save for displaying on your blog if you choose.

<><><>
MY TREATS TODAY GO TO:

Wolfie @ Woof Woof

MissLionHeart @ A Plaice For Everything

Susan @ Penless Writer

Elizabeth @ Thought Suite

Momma Roars@ Living to Learn & Learning to Live



<><><>

37 comments :

  1. I love what you did with this weeks theme--so Halloweeny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. I can't find your Show and Tell, did you take a break this week?

    I like the black crocheted witch.

    What's the PINK coming next week??

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting wilder Anni, great as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool. you always come up with something so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do love Halloween!! It was so neat with the awards you have been giving out! When I have been out on Photo Hunting I have seen these awards EVERY where!!! How cool is that as my grandsons say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the Halloween-ness of your blog! I passed on my award btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed you post for this weeks theme. I liked the little witch looking in her mirror. Fun fun fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great take on this weekend meme, nice halloween site.happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i enjoy your post today.thanks for sharing..happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute! and practical too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Halloween...I can't wait to go trick or treating again with my kids....even it feels like below 0 to me "hehehhe".


    Mine is up at My 2Cents Worth and The 4Seasons Of My Life Hope you can all visit me.

    happy Photo Hunting !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a fun blog to visit! I was really surprised at the poll results so far. Are only men responding? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, wonderful photo! Very nice thake on the week's theme

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! My second this week...

    It's on display

    http://tootsie.wordpress.com/2007/10/20/i-got-another/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni, you really are a dear. Creative and practical, not to mention generous too.

    have a great weekend, :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun entry for the Hunt this week! :) Very creative too. :) Matilda is a cute witch.

    My practical photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so love your site,... very bewitching! Great entry for this week, as usual. I always enjoy reading your blog. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I do like Matilda's poem, isn't she clever? I voted in the poll...my answer was "never".

    I want a mirror like Matilda has, if it makes her look good, it'll do miracles for me!

    Have a great weekend, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mirrors, just too practical! I like what I see there less and less:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice halloween photos and halloween poem,too!

    thanx for the visit :)

    ghee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, Matilda is a very clever...um...witch ..who used the practical theme very wisely!

    Love the picture with the mirrors..that is just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning Hootin Anni, You are the most practical person I know...You win the prize for the best Halloween blog.... Baba

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahahaha...i second jmb's comment. i can that you're lovin' this halloween theme! :)

    happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I looooooooooooove Mathilda!
    Mirror, mirror on the blog
    Looking through this glass of fog.
    Tell me if, in any way
    This will be a good-hair-day!
    Happy eye of newt to you witchy.
    Hugs
    Loony

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love practical mirrors, lol. And your poll!!
    happy hunting and happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Matilda is too cute to be a witch! I love her "mirrored" look. Thanks for sharing and visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great take on this weeks theme. You always keep us guessing from week to week.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Angela

    Mine are up.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great Halloween Stuff!! Love Matilda!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fun photo for practical and Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a good take on practical. I see you're having Halloween fever!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello..!! Thanks for the treat..!! (It's my 1st treat) So nice of it..!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow... your blog is soooo wild and halloween! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Of course Matilda is the most beautiful!

    (totally bewitched... *giggles*)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for the 'treat'!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

.