“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






FRIDAY'S FEAST



Appetizer
What does the color pink make you think of?

My mother, first and foremost!! With any shades of pink. The woman was obsessed with pink. And now it's the same with our daughter. Her kitchen is pink....and she has all of her pig collection around the cupboards and counter tops---everywhere! Just like my mother.

Soup
Name something you thought you had lost, but later found.

*giggles*....no, I won't answer that with my first thought. Golly, let me see *thinking* *thinking* -----hmmm.
Other than car keys and driver's license, I can't think of anything.

Nope, nada, zilch!! ....well, maybe my mind?!!! Yet, I haven't found that in quite some time, either!! It's still out there----floating in the world of blonds! [and I AM blond, tho some silver is trying to make that color lost too!!!] Oh, I know one for sure now!!!---My youth. No wait...I've not found that after I lost it, so I guess you could say I haven't lost anything that has been found. Except for my original answer....my keys and driver's license. As you can see, I'm good at this.....losing. *big capital L over my forehead.*

Salad
In 3 words, describe this past week.

Spring is here!!!!
[or the other choice---"Flowers are blooming"]

Main Course
What are you obsessed with?

Movies. If I don't get to go to an opening day of a newly released movie for the week, I'm forlorn. Yep, I love 'em that much. An obsession. [my hubby would say my obsession is shoes and clothes....but hey, he's wrong! It's just that I need shoes and clothes to get into the theaters....have you read the signs? "No shoes, no shirts, no service!!!"]

Today's movie is going to be WILD HOGS!! A comedy.

Dessert
What kind of perfume or cologne do you like to wear?

I don't. I used to....but not any more!!! Body lotions are all now so wonderfully fragranced, I'd prefer body lotion to perfume!! Besides, that eliminates one step....apply lotion that has added fragrance, you don't have to step out of the shower, add lotion AND perfume....it's 'two in one'. And my newest that I got about a month ago is from BATH AND BODY WORKS ---it's called Amber. A soft sensual-ational 'nutty' and 'oriental' odor! And when it's absorbed into the skin, it's not 'heavy' and doesn't make anyone nauseous when they're around me because it doesn't linger in the air like perfumes. I've been around some women who wear way too much perfume and it's sickening to those around her!! And, I don't want to 'be one who makes anyone sick or get headaches from perfume odors'.

29 comments :

  1. Your soup was most interesting. And I can relate to that. This has been one of the most hectic weeks I've had so far this year. Uggghhh...I am glad that I am off today.http

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feast. No shirt, no shoes, no service... but they fail to mention pants... hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very fond of pink too. I have an aunt who collects pigs too and she has a wonderful collection that I admire.

    Such a funny soup. :)

    We don't have spring here but I love the idea of flowers in bloom. Must be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy Wild Hogs... I haven't heard of it. Matt (hubbie) takes kids to some opening days of movies, but they go at the midnight showing to avoid crowds and then none of them can stay awake to watch the movie... you would think they would learn :0)
    Great feast!
    Have a blessed Friday!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter has a pink pig collection ?? How wonderful ! She with pigs me with cats, but they are not pink !
    I knew exactly what you lost (hah !) I lost it too fortunately ! I don't miss it at all !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never lose anything? And no, you haven't lost your youth, you are hooked up on the internet! And with your little Irish behind picture, I'd say you're are still spunky! You are just youthful with a mature body. ;)

    I'm envious that you never lose anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol on soup!
    I love movies, but i am a very lazy movie goer and normally wait for several people to tell its worth seeing before i do!
    You will have to tell whether wild hogs is good, my mum is pig obsessed!
    I wear way too much perfume! but its not really strong stuff, honest.
    I hate word verification!!!!!(sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me smile today with your comment on my blog... after the week I had, this is what I needed! And your feast had me laughing!!

    Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOLOLOL!

    I'd comment, but I'm not sure where to start!!

    You crack me up, Anni.

    Wait, you're a HOOT. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL @ needing shoes and clothes to go the movies. Right on! I want to see Wild Dogs too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great feast! I am as bad as your mother and daughter...yet, I am not a pig collector. I like peony's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a great feast. I enjoyed feasting every meal.
    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love movies too, but they have taken a backseat to life. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ginafish3/02/2007

    I'm glad you liked the Pink Salad recipe. :) I forgot to mention that the can of pineapple chunks need to be drained!

    I have those same sort of purple irises but haven't checked to see if they are blooming yet. Spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love your flowers. We are still weeks away from all that gorgeous color. Thanks for being persistant sorry blogger and my coping ablity made it difficult. Hope you enjoy the movie...it looks funny.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your description of Amber makes me want to check it out when I head out later today. Hope you have a fantastic week and I'm in envy over your flowers blooming - here it's still cold and frozen.

    My feast is up over here this week for anyone who wanders by.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful feast this week! Like you, I love body lotions! :o) Enjoy your weekend and thanks for visiting *me* today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm addicted to Bath and Body Works.
    LOL! I love the answer you gave your husband on buying new clothes and shoes, I'll have to try that on my husband! :)
    Have a great weekend Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great feast Anni - thanks for visiting over at L&L~!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful feast! Most laughs I've had all day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that Amber scent but I haven't bought any for myself yet. I need a good excuse to go back to Bath & Body Works ;~)

    Thanks for visiting today, Anni...have a great rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a wonderful feast! Your Mom and I could get along well. My favorite color is pink too. I love it's soft look. I lost my hair color too. I'm all silver with just a few dark brown trying to hang on. :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would swear I left a comment earlier today. How many leprechauns mooning me are there out there? Wiggling toe shoes?

    I guess it didn't stick. Sigh.

    I would swear I told you that Macy was the best part of Wild Hogs. I'm losing it, aren't I? With all the medicine in me, maybe that's no surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Feasting! Love your website by the way. It's so green and Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My hubby is also obsessed with movies. I have been treated to some great and some not so great ones here lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Heehee. Tha sounds like an expensive obsession but entertaining none the less. You are right...my blog is rather pink and used to be even more so. Funny seeing I am not realy fussed about the colur pink!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's a lot of pink! I can't imagine going to the theater all the time. I'm lucky now to see one or two a year yet I do love movies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yummy feast, as usual, my dear! I, too, usually just wear the lotion. I sure would like a 2nd (and 3rd) helping of your salad please! As a matter of fact -- can I have a BIG BOWL to go???

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful Feast. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

.