my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


SUNDAY SNIPPET



As always, my favorite bloggin' day....a day for the 'feel good news clippings'!!!

Awwwwww, okay! Just call me a romantic fool. This article in our local newspaper this past week; while I was reading it---well, it made me tingly all over. To think like the archaeologist, perhaps these two unearthed skeletons, still locked arm in arm ---well, just maybe they were lovers....Like Romeo and Juliet. Forever in love!!! And like I said, some would probably consider this a bit eerie, yet I think it's neat. To perhaps have love so strong that you're willing to die together. I often think about the couple on the Titanic that BOTH chose to sink with the ship, tho the wife had a chance to be saved on a lifeboat [women and children first rule applying here] --but in all actuality, she chose to go into Davy' Jones' locker with her husband!! That's true love. And since it's so close to Valentine's Day...................

In fact the read goes on to tell us that the remains were discovered about 25 miles from Shakespeare's Verona---the city of Romeo and Juliet.

The skeletal forms are believed to be between 5,000 and 6,000 years old [the Neolithic era]. Not knowing the exact 'relationship', the scientists do know it's man and woman---with a mystery perhaps of what strength of love it all entails....We must call it LOVE!!!


LOCKED IN AN EMBRACE FOR ETERNITY!!! *At least until they were discovered!*
Personally, I think if they're going to move them to a museum --they should dig AROUND them---dirt and all. Not to disturb them any more than necessary. If you have a bit of imagination, notice how the two heads form a broken heart?

Awwwwww, isn't it romantic? Well, it could be!!
Perhaps, I say to myself, perhaps---

"From this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last!
Arms, take your last embrace! and, lips, O you
The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss
A dateless bargain to engrossing death!
Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide!
Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on
The dashing rocks thy sea-sick weary bark!
Here's to my love! "

~~~~**~~~~**~~~~Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet


Yea, noise? then I'll be brief. O happy dagger!

This is thy sheath;

there rust, and let me die.

~~~~**~~~~**~~~~
Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet



[photo courtesy of Caller Times -©2007]
click to enlarge

5 comments :

  1. I saw it on TV and read it too. It's not a very romantic picture, to put on your blog for Valentin's but it's very interesting. Mybe if you add some hearts and flowers.
    I had to ponder about love today for the blogging chicks, but ran out of inspiration. So I put international love proverbs and wait to read interesting stories. So far I haven't seen any besides yours 5000 year old one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on TV, I wonder what the story is, so eerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also saw the embracing photo. Makes one wonder what their final hours (moments?) were like...
    I'm happy to pass on the recipe for the recipe bars. Just click on the link that says (lemon bars) in the post and it will take you to my recipe! I hope you'll love them like we do! (couldn't find your email address to send you the link ...)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... what a neat story! Really does make ya wonder what THEIR story was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used a photo of this couple as this week's Photo Hunters entry (Broken), but I didn't even notice how their heads made the shape of a heart until coming here to view your entry and seeing your post. So cool!

    And so sad too, from the details given it seems as if they were alive and holding one another while being buried.
    Ahh well. Their love has inspired people 5,000 years later... while those that were around them when they were passing have been LONG forgotten. Revenge might have been a long time in coming, but it finally did. :)

    ReplyDelete

.