my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





I really think today will be changed from 'Monday moment' to Monday's Meme! I mean "goll-l-ll-ly, sarge! It's huge!!"....this meme is really a moment and a half!!

Melli did such a terrific job of this meme, I had to convince myself that 70 questions wasn't all that bad! I am opening my power bars right now so I can get through them all---unwrapping, unwrapping, unwrapping....

Okay, Ready, set go!!!!
[and added since I've worked on the meme --I am not answering #s 62 and 70]

1. Are your parents married or divorced? Well, they're dead now...but they never divorced--married for over 50 years!!
2. Are you a vegetarian? No--not strictly vegetarian --but I DO love my veggies!!
3. Do you believe in Heaven? Dunno...never been there...ask me again in about 50 years!!
4. Have you ever come close to dying? Yes, when my heart gave out. I guess I was close to dying...no one's ever told me for sure...but the medical records indicated this.
5. What jewelry do you wear 24/7? My wedding rings and 4 small earring posts.
6. Favorite time of day? The darkness of early morning...and I'm saying 4-5 a.m.!!
7. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Yes...doesn't everyone?
8. Do you wear makeup? On occasion. That is, a full-fledged make up job...but any normal given day I only use mascara 'cause otherwise I don't have eyelashes!! I want my hubby's eyelashes...so thick, long and curly!!!
9. Ever have plastic surgery? No
10. If you did have plastic surgery, what would you do? Nothing. Well, I'd like a nose job, but I wouldn't do it....look at M. Jackson's nose!!!! Nope, nope, never.
11. What do you wear to bed? Depends! And no I'm not talkin' adult diapers here...it just depends!!! I'll never tell.
12. Have you ever done anything illegal? That's like asking me if I've not lived!! Of course I have...even if it's breaking off a grape at the grocery store and munching away...that's stealing...so even something like this is illegal. But really ---I'm not a saint as you may think *snort*.
13. Can you roll your tongue? Ummm, ya.
14. Do you tweeze your eyebrows? Yes, but not as often as I should. It's like shaving my legs....in winter I tend to stretch the limits beyond repair.
15. What kind of sneakers? I sneak up on my kitties when we play! Oh wait...you mean, shoes? Nike, Sketchers, and Reeboks...White, Black, and white in that order.
16. Do you believe in abortions? Well, not for me personally, but I do believe a woman has that right. There are circumstances.
17. What is your hair color? Silver! With a few of my remaining blond strands here and there.
18. Future child’s name? At my age? Are you kiddin' me?----well, I don't have hiccups any more---you scared me!!
19. Do you snore? Yes, and I've awakened myself---oftentimes there's a bit of drool along with it.
20. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Well, I'd like to answer this question with a "back in time" --but that's not what you're after I'm sure. I guess Europe. I'd love to visit England for so many reasons. Ya, England for sure, but the British Isles would even be better!!
21. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? When I was a kid. Yes. Now, they just adorn the bed and get tossed aside on the chair at night. Oh wait!!! You don't mean human animals here, right? Oh good---there for a minute I was thinking ---hubby is stuffed from over eating!!!
22. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Wait for the government to get their share---tax. Then, buy something for the kids/grandkids ---what's left ---invest.
23. Gold or silver? My skin tone doesn't take well with silver. I wear them both, but prefer gold.
24. Hamburger or hot dog? I'd gladly pay you back next Tuesday for a hamburger [in Wimpy's voice from popeye cartoon]
25. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Shrimp cocktail
26. City, beach or country? Beach!!! Then, country....then city.
27. What was the last thing you touched? Other than computer components here, it'd be a light switch.
28. Where did you eat last? Jason's Deli -Houston's original, now open all over the Southwest!
29. When’s the last time you cried? At a movie.
30. Do you read blogs? I take the 5th!! See, if you take the 5th on the answer, you're just tellin' the world, you're guilty!!!
31. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex? I have for Halloween.
32. Ever been involved with the police? They don't call me "Hootin'" for nothin'!!! Years ago, we were on first name basis!!
33. What’s your favorite shampoo conditioner and soap? Panteen Silver for shampoo and Panteen conditioner and body wash would be Dial deodorant soap.
34. Do you talk in your sleep? Oh you should hear me....I could write a novel sometimes. Or so I'm told.
35. Ocean or pool? Ocean. It's cheaper. Pools are expensive to keep up with the upkeep!!!
36. Sauna or whirlpool? Well, the only time I think sweating is worth it, is when I'm doing WORK....sauna you're doing nothing but sitting and sweating....so,Whirlpool.
37. Starbucks or Krispy Kreme? Neither!!! I don't do coffee or Krispy Kreme. Both spell L E T H A L for your health[my health].
38. Window seat or aisle? Window!!! Definitely. Always. I've had times where I call for tickets and if there aren't window seats available, I take a different flight.
39. Ever met anyone famous? Ya. Kevin Costner, Cheech Marin, Don Johnson, Rene Russo, Pam Dawber, Beau Bridges, Willie Nelson,
Sander Vanocur, Randy Johnson, --all the AZ Diamondback original team ---and many more!!
40. Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life? I've reached all my goals and aspirations once I had children and a solid marriage---the rest is just coasting and enjoying what comes to me each and every day. So yes, it's been successful for me personally. You see? I never set my goals any higher than what's important to me for life, and family IS success!!
41. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? Oh my---twirling looks like a kid playing with food. I Cut.
42. Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey? Oh gawd! Neither. And don't nag me to tell you why. 'Cause I won't say. Let's just say, if the TV is on during the day --it's for DVD purpose only. Most always.
43. Basketball or Football? I'm with Melli on this one, neither really....Baseball!!!! I only watch Denver Bronco games[football] and living in Texas you don't get to see their games often enough. But for me----BASEBALL all the way.
44. How long do your showers last? Until I'm clean! It depends on if I've just been sitting at the computer all day or out working in the yard!!
45. Automatic or do you drive a stick? Both!! I'd prefer the 4 on the floor and an engine with a lot of horse power. More challenge to drive the 'manual shifts'.
46. Cake or ice cream? Ice cream!
47. Are you self-conscious? Yes, probably---I AM aware of me, but I'm not so much to the point I'm vain. Take me as I am or not at all. I guess you could call me confident. Being self-conscious to an extreme would take too much time.
48. Have you ever drank so much you threw up? I'm assuming you mean alcohol. Way back when I was young--single and high school [drinking age back then was 18] --ya. I don't drink now since alcohol and my medications won't mix well.
49. Have you ever given money to a beggar? No! Work for your money---if you're down on your luck, find a charitable organization for help. Have you seen people on welfare driving a Cadillac? I have!!
50. Have you been in love? Still am!! Each day is a new day!!
51. Where do you wish you were? At the lottery office, picking up my winnings!!
52. Are you wearing socks? No.
53. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? No.
54. Can you tango? Yes...but not even close to the professionals.
55. Last gift you received? A book.
56. Last sport you played? Is croquet considered a sport? Now wait a minute---maybe I was quarterbacking for the Indianapolis Colts! In my living room chair.
57. Things you spend a lot of money on? Gasoline!!!!!!!!!! I'm always filling the tank.
58. Where do you live? In a brick house..."And you'll huff and puff and blow my house down?"
59. Where were you born? A podunk town in state of NE
60. Last wedding attended? A friend of ours, their daughter's wedding, in Yuma AZ. About 8 years ago.
62. Favorite position?
63. Most hated food(s)? Okra, oysters, --slippery slimy foods as you can tell. They're like eating snot!! I don't like snot either.
64. Most hated soda pop? 7-up
65. Can you sing? Yes, I like to think so, and from the diaphragm too---maybe others would disagree...but again, not professionally.
66. Last person you instant messaged? We just had a group family chat!
67. Last place you went on holiday? If holiday means 'trip'...then, who knows. We're retired and don't go much that's out of state these days.
68. Favorite regular drink? Water with lemon.
69. Current Song? Well, I'm not sure what you mean by this...The song that is going through my mind recently is "Amarillo By Morning"---love it.
70. Tag 3 friends.

6 comments :

  1. Hi Anni
    You have quite a few answers i can relate too.oh i love shrimp, prawn, gold,and i believe as you
    Q40.I was married happily 45 years. and many other of your answers

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! You baffle me! You will give the answer you DID to #11 -- and refuse to answer #62! And then of course, there's #19 - MORE info than I needed!!! LOL! Ahhhhh Anni... I do love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #11 says "I'll never tell"....which is WHY I didn't answer #62!!

    That's not baffling to me...in other words, this is for me to know. No one else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an early morning person, I'm a night owl. :) I only see 4 a.m. when I have an early flight or insomnia. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get up at 4am? I can't even imagine that....I need at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Of course, I don't get that with having kids. And from what I hear, I won't get it when I'm older either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Cool some of those answers are just what I would have said. Maybe later I'll "borrow" this.

    ReplyDelete

.