my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Easter Sunday, April 12th, 2009
5:01 A.M.

5:59 addendum: SCROLL below the Easter images to view my Sunday Stealing Meme Answers.
or go directly to the Meme Section by Clicking Here


Happy, Happy, Easter! I decided to go all out for the midday meal for the two of us today. I'm going to prepare all the fixin's!!! Yes indeedy. Gonna have baked Virginia Ham and mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet yams with marshmallow, some freshly made cranberry sauce, green bean salad and tossed salad. With oven baked rolls and a relish dish with celery, olives, pickles, and cheese. For dessert it's going to be homemade pineapple upside down cake with whipped topping.

I hope your day is blessed with peace and tranquility. Here's to the Easter Bunny!! Three cheers! And for Easter, I thought I'd share some more Easter Spring decor around the house, [the three ceramic Egg Cups are new this year...another beginning of a collection maybe?]--- along with Easter Quotations....

The stuffed duck sings and dances and waddles...the cats just love this. NOT!!
And the last photo...she's a cookie jar!






Tomb, thou shalt not hold Him longer;
Death is strong, but Life is stronger;
Stronger than the dark, the light;
Stronger than the wrong, the right...
~Phillips Brooks, "An Easter Carol"






Celestial spirit that doth roll
The heart's sepulchral stone away,
Be this our resurrection day,
The singing Easter of the soul -
O gentle Master of the Wise,
Teach us to say: "I will arise."
~Richard Le Gallienne





The fasts are done; the Aves said;
The moon has filled her horn
And in the solemn night I watch
Before the Easter morn.

So pure, so still the starry heaven,
So hushed the brooding air,
I could hear the sweep of an angel's wings
If one should earthward fare.
~Edna Dean Proctor, "Easter Morning"



For I remember
it is Easter morn,
And life and love and peace
are all new born.
~Alice Freeman Palmer






Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"






See the land, her Easter keeping,
Rises as her Maker rose.
Seeds, so long in darkness sleeping,
Burst at last from winter snows.
Earth with heaven above rejoices...
~Charles Kingsley









With OUR EYES we see
The beauty of Easter
as the earth awakens once more...
Easter Reflections [in part]
by Helen Steiner Rice.






I think of the garden after the rain;
And hope to my heart comes singing,
At morn the cherry-blooms will be white,
And the Easter bells be ringing!
~Edna Dean Proctor, "Easter Bells"




<><><>




30 comments :

  1. you made all that for the 2 of you? i commend you! and here i'm sitting blogging and procrastinating... ho hum. HAPPY EASTER anni! and lots of love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful meal! You will definitely have left overs.

    The big girls stayed here last night and the goofy bunny found them. They awoke at 5:45. Which is good,since we have 7:30 breakfast at church and we all have to get gussied up.

    I love the poems you quoted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also able to watch Australia. It was a good movie!

    Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, deep dark water REALLY gets me too. Thanks for the good luck wish, happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sugar Smacks, mmmmmmm! Those were sooo good. Now to appease the food police i think they are called "Honey Smacks"...they don't taste the same though.

    And although I don't care for coffee, I'll drink it. Especially if it is a mocha or cappuccino. But my definition of "real" coffee is just plain old coffee - black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dark water always equals snakes in my book! Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easter blessings sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter! I'll be right there for dinner..........Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apples - my kitchen decor is apples ...they're everywhere!

    NO coffee? How do you wake up?

    Your meal sounds delicious! Have a beautiful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved that movie Australia. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, I can definitely appreciate the fear of snakes and deep water. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, I can definitely appreciate the fear of snakes and deep water. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a gazillion dollars!! hahaha now that is more like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a Easter meal ! and such a cute decoration ! Mr. Gattino has his birthday today he is a Easter bunny without the long ears !

    ReplyDelete
  15. May all the joys and blessings of Easter be with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I can live without dirt in the house, but I still have plenty. Thanks for visiting. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could no without the reality TV or rap music myself. Great job Happy Easter...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Annie,I hope that you and your family have a Blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni,

    I love that green bunny in the basket. He is awesome. You have some lovely Easter things. I didn't even get mine out this year. With the plumbing and the legs, I got kind of lazy and didn't bother.

    Love the awesome advertisement you made for your sidebar. That lady looks so relaxed in the wicker chair.

    Enjoyed your meme and your meal sounds delicious. Dwight and I are just relaxing most of the day. Happy Easter, my friend. Enjoy!

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. We finally watched Australia last night ... great story, but glad I didn't have to see it in the theatre and sit still so looooong!

    Sure appreciated your "popping" by yesterday with Easter wishes. :)

    Your dinner sounds ump-licious! Have an extra piece of cake on my behalf, will ya?

    Hugs,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Easter, Anni. Can I come over for dinner? You are a woman after my own heart—yum, have never gone the extra mile with the yams.
    Again, yum.
    I too, live for baseball. You should be pretty happy right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gazzilion dollars? I'm with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved your easter post and pictures.
    Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Apples as an obsession...Eve, is that you? Enjoyed reading your answers. Happy Easter!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Apples as an obsession...Eve, is that you? Enjoyed reading your answers. Happy Easter!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  26. with that much money in your hands you could afford to live anywhere and visit the ones you love LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. What fun decorations you have! I love the fresh spring Easter decorations. I hope that you had a beautiful day!

    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  28. You hugged Bud?! I'm jealous.

    I love that duck.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great answers. Apples? I won't ask. Liked the gazillion dollars answer, it always pays to think big (although you must have mighty big hands to hold that much). Thanks for visiting my blog, and hope you had a happy Easter (that stuffed duck in the photos looks cool).

    ReplyDelete
  30. haven't watch australia yet. thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

.