Gosh, I haven't been blogging much lately. In fact, Google has changed their format, youtube changed with it, commenting on blogs has become a hassle, getting Word to open on my computer is a challenge and my paint program software [ever since an update] has been a royal pain! So, I've been offline for a goodly time...I am reading other blogs but can comment on some, others the comment becomes stagnant and won't work. I give up. And, I gave up. Know I have read blogs tho...just unable to leave a few words. I will try and catch up when things get back to normal with blogger. I uninstalled all updates and rebooted. So, maybe that will help. In the meantime, I cleaned out the computer files, deleted over a gigabyte of junk. I read my book. Did some yard work with Bud. Went on a couple of birding excursions. Took down and packed away Valentine decorations and restyled the blog look for Hootin' Anni and I'd Rather B Birdin'. Yes, the ol' gal in the header is ME sitting on the seawall downtown!!! While doing the computer cleaning this past week, I came across some photos taken this past Fall while I was walking along the river. Thought I'd share the serenity and beauty of the slow moving stream...














Oh how beautiful, like a fairy tale. And is that Spanish Moss? I love your photo in the new header!! I'm glad to see a post from you!!!
ReplyDelete🙂 thanks Ginny
DeleteLove the plants. The yellow dots do present a wonder! You might just need a break to rally your motivation again. It took me a 8-year break to come back to it
ReplyDeleteThat was a long break.
DeleteIt does look pretty and peaceful there. I love the look of the spanish moss hanging from the trees.
ReplyDeleteI like the moss too
DeleteLOVE your new blog look, Anni! That photo of you is soooooooooooo cool!
ReplyDeleteAnd I hear ya' about Goggle/Blogger. Every single change they've made over the past several years has been for the worst. It used to be so easy to upload photos for a post. However, now the editor is so temperamental. Sometimes the photos up load center, other times they upload off-center. Thank god I know HTML, because I always end up having to go in and adjust the code. And I still haven't gotten over the fact that "Feedburner email notification" is no longer being supported on Blogger because it was so much more reliable than one I am currently using. What concerns me about Google is that perhaps one day they will no longer support Blogger. I have a blog on Wordpress too, but they are also not without issues. But not nearly as many as Blogger.
And yes, I too have issues sometimes leaving comments on other Blogger blogs.
As always, your photographs are FANTABULOUS!
Have a super weekend, my friend!
Seems blogger likes playing havoc for those using it. Thanks for the header compliment
DeleteI love the "laid back" feel of your blog Annie! Also like your photo on the header.
ReplyDeleteThe river shots are lovely!
Enjoy your weekend!
hugs
Donna
Thank you Donna
DeleteI love that picture of you in the new header! It's just right, and I agree that Blogger is a pain sometimes but it's still free and works most of the time. Nice gentle photos, too. :-)
ReplyDeleteIf they'd leave it alone...lol.
DeleteThanks D J
Hello Anni,
ReplyDeleteLeaving comments on Blogger can be a pain lately. I routinely clean out files and cookies, I think that helps too. I like the photo of you on the sea wall. The river scene is beautiful, I love the moss hanging off the trees. Have a great weekend.
It was far too long ago since I cleaned it out. Guess blogger initiated the urge.
DeleteI haven't had a problem with blogger lately so I keep my fingers crossed! Love the beautiful pictures. Very serene!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jeanette
DeleteAnni I missed you BUT OMCs what a lovely array of photos today it was worth the wait.
ReplyDeleteBlogger, WP and techie stuff in general has been a challenge of late. Something new I've noticed on blogger is when have a misspelling I get crazy dotted lines under the letters.
Hugs to you and your Guyz
Cecilia
Haven't noticed the dotted underling yet.
DeleteMy frustrations are beginning to come to a head as well when it comes to finding worthwhile photographs to post. And I am debating whether I need to take a break for a few weeks as the posting and commenting is taking up so much time. I love your header photo with the unique processing and your tour along the river is so inviting, colorful and tranquil!
ReplyDeleteIt does take up a lot of time from your day, I agree
DeleteI haven't found any changes on Blogger at all...nor YouTube! They left me out - haha. Your images today are so calm and relaxing. It is nice to view and view over again the series. Sure hope I may continue seeing your blogs and pictures as I do enjoy them all!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you enjoy it Ms. G
DeleteAnni, love the pics... especially #11 and 12! City Park in New Orleans is like that with all the Spanish moss and bayous.
ReplyDeleteThere is something about the tranquil charm of moss!!
DeleteThere is nothing more beautiful than Spanish moss! Love your new header photo, Anni!
ReplyDeleteThanks M&M
DeleteUgh...so sorry to read that you, too, are experiencing the challenge of commenting. For months now, I have only been able to comment on some blogs (like yours) as "Anonymous" despite being logged in to Google, others I can't even do that - I have to use my pc and then everything seems fine. I am not absolutely without tech skills and no matter what I have tried, I cannot figure out why that should be as it varies not only with the blog on which I am trying to comment, but also the device I am using. Anyway...on to my pleasant things - your photos of the river are mesmerizing...I almost felt like I had fallen into a Monet painting. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)
ReplyDeleteWishing blogger would settle down & do things right...then leave it!!
DeleteOh, I just hate when blogger et all keeps changing. I think I have gotten comments from you so I guess I am one of the lucky ones.
ReplyDeleteLove your sketch of yourself. Nice look to the blog.
The photos of your river walk are gorgeous. Perfect therapy for the tired mind.
Sue
Hope the photos relaxed your tired mind somewhat!
DeleteAnother great post, Anni! I love your new header picture. You are a talented artist. I know I could totally lose myself along your slow-moving stream. Your photos are awesome. A gigabyte of junk might help my old slow-moving machine too.
ReplyDeleteIt's working a bit better...shoulda cleaned it out long ago!! Thanks Mary.
DeletePretty and calm photos!!
ReplyDeleteGreat new header. You sure are talented.
Luckily I haven't had any problems with commenting but lots of people seem to!
Thanks Karen
DeleteHere I am, one of the last to comment again. It's lovely to see a post today and I must add my opinion to the others that your "new" look is great. Your header looks amazing and the river pictures make me wish I could walk beside the water and see actual moss hanging from old trees. Granny Marigold ( also known as anonymous).
ReplyDeleteThanks GM...'live' your alias...lol
DeleteGorgeous photos of the river and I love your photo at the top. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you Cathy.
DeleteLovely photographs.
ReplyDelete... and yes, blogger is being a pain to many of us at the moment!
All the best Jan
Thank you Jan
DeletePretty pics Anni! Looks like Spring is there.
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of you at the top.
Why do these programs have to keep changing. It doesn't ever seem to be for the better.
The photos are Autumn photos. 🙂. And thanks for the header compliment
DeleteI love this peaceful post, but especially that picture of you. I notice that sometimes on Blogger it knows me, other times I'm Anonymous, so I try to remember to sign my name. Welcome back!
ReplyDelete--Cheerful Monk
I wish all those that are forced to use anonymous would sign out in the comments...thanks Jean
DeleteSerenity and peace is what I get when I look at your photos. I would love to walk here. Sorry about all the blogger problems. Redoing things is a pain. I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but I love you in your header photo/art? Don't know if it is something you actually painted which it looks, or if it was a photo turned into art on the apps we can use. Whatever it is, very pretty!
ReplyDeleteComputer generated header!! At least the photo part. Thanks
DeleteA few other bloggers I know is having issue with blogger.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
It's no fun
DeleteI like your new header!! The pictures are all wonderful, as always!
ReplyDeleteI still have some small issues with Google and Blogger, photo uploads mostly now, but seem to be able to log in and leave comments. When it wouldn't allow that, I'd post as anonymous and leave name/link so some would know it's ME! ;)
~Mary
Leaving a name & link is wise (and courteous) imo
DeleteLove the photo in your new header.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are gorgeous as always.
Hugs and blessings, Anni.