
For New Year's I made homemade Chewy Pecan Cookies. I didn't have time for making them for Christmas, so I opted to start 2023 with a sugar high!!! When I took the first batch of two cookie sheets out of the oven to cool before removing them with a spatula, I found this one! Of course, me being the searcher of hearts anywhere I can find them, I called DIBS!! In other words, Bud must keep his mits off of it. He said "You should save it". Ummmm, and not taste the yumminess of the pecans? "I'm eatin' it!" In fact, while still warm, both of us had two cookies each. And me? I had a large cup of ice-cold milk to wash 'em down. The recipe made 4 1/2 dozen; I froze most of 'em. The secret to keeping cookies soft and chewy is to undercook by about 3 minutes....otherwise they get crunchy. I like soft, chewy-centered, cookies best of all. No store-bought cookies for me.
Now that I bored you with that I'll move on to something else that may bore the heck out of ya'. Ever see the movie "The Lone Ranger" starring Johnny Depp? When I was standing at the work bench in the garage the other day, I turned the over-head light on and I have a tortise shell windchime hanging near by to clean off the dust to get it back indoors to put back up near one of the AC/Heat outlets on the ceiling. Well, the windchime cast a shadow! Instantly I saw Johnny Depp [Tonto] with his crow on the top of his head and all of the reshaped Native American profile of his make-up. Yes? Well, maybe you have never seen the movie, that's your loss. It was considered a 'flop', but I really enjoyed it. So many parts made me laugh. One of my favorite lines in the movie is when the Lone Ranger asks Tonto why he keeps calling him Kemosabe and then "what does it mean"? Tonto's answer is "wrong brother". LOL And of course the music!!!!Then last but not least...Isaiah

He's probably just as bored with the whole thing as you all are!
Well who doesn't love a cookie that looks like a heart.
ReplyDeleteI never saw that movie but I agree the shadow does look like what you're describing.
A baker that likes cookies...surprise!!
DeleteI wish I could reach through my computer screen and help myself to that cookie! Isaiah looks so sweet♥
ReplyDeleteI'd share, but we are the last of them yesterday
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteYour heart shaped cookies is a great find, I do love cookies that are still warm. Your kitty is adorable. Take care, have a happy day!
Oh yes...warm cookies!!
DeleteAnni, that heart-shaped cookie is STELLAR! And besides its shape, it looks absolutely deeeelicious! I could smell and taste it just from your photo!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen the movie, "The Lone Ranger" with Johnny Depp, but the silhouette/shadow you captured on the wall is remarkable because it totally resembles the profile!
Isaiah looks very much like a dear cat I used to have (Jerry) for 20 years. Don't you just love the way cats looks when they sleep? They always look so comfortable.
Jerry... cute name
DeleteI could never be bored by cookies. Yours look and sound delicious! And so sweet to get a heart-shaped one.
ReplyDeleteDon't remember watching that movie, but have seen lots of others with JD so it is probably good.
Isaiah looks very comfortable!
~Mary (Mary Says...)
For some reason, on my laptop I'm unable to choose anything but 'anonymous' for the comment. I'm signed in at my blog though and haven't changed any settings since commenting on various blogs before? Technology grrr!
I enjoyed it.
DeleteOMCs hey Isaiah....long time no see. You are nap practicing...you know practice makes purrfect.
ReplyDeleteAnni well done on the happy accident Heart Cookie...I can almost smell them.
Hugs Cecilia
I have more of Isaiah coming soon.
DeleteThose cookies look delicious! Did you freeze the heart shaped one? I admit when I first say that shadow I thought of a witch! I have not seen the movie but will definitely check it out! Love pretty Isaiah!
ReplyDeleteNo...I ate my heart. ❤️
DeleteI have never seen or even heard of this movie. But now I am going to look for it on streaming! The first thing the shadow looks like to me is a WITCH! But also an old Indian. Right down to the feather earring. I love the sodt chewy cookies as well, and now know how to make them soft!!
ReplyDeleteI thought witch too, but first tonto
DeleteI would go with "Mirages" for your title. What a great find in each and I definitely see the resemblance to Tonto in the shadow cast. Isaiah looks to be down for a long snuggle. :-)
ReplyDeleteMirages...good thought
DeleteMy spritz heart cookies were purposely made that way but I actually did think of you when I was making them, remembering your passion for heart-shaped 'accidents!" I sure do like the windchime shadow! It's a bit scary... Was Isaiah a good boy this holiday season?
ReplyDeleteAwesome...heart cookies!!!
Deletei love cookies soft, crunchy or even the burned ones and this one looks devine. i have my grandmothers chewey cak bars that maybe like your chewy cookies. we baked and cut them like brownies but they look like your cookie. Isaish whens the post for me. I loved Lone Ranger back in the day and did not know there is a new one with depp
ReplyDeleteI often make bars from cookie recipes too.
DeleteNever bored!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love these and your shadow Tonto is fabulous. Ummm yummm on the cookies. The Heart one is definitely yours. Perfection.
Sue
I couldn't believemyeyes
DeleteYum!! Cookies!! Love them any way pretty much... but possibly crispy is my fav. And love that kitty pic... is he a gray tabby or a brown tabby (couldn't tell from the pic). We had a beautiful gray tabby named GiGi years ago.
ReplyDeleteLynx point Siamese
DeleteHa, thank you for the laughs about the shadow, JD and the Lone Ranger.
ReplyDeleteI am a searcher of hearts too. :-)
My son Sam, LOVES milk, so I had to chuckle when you said you washed your cookie down with a cup of ice cold milk. We talked with Sam, he is our son who is deployed to Africa, he said how he misses milk. It does not taste the same in Djibouti. Hee Hee.
Oh, I would miss milk too.
DeleteEclectic is good, you’ve done great eclectic today. Now that cookie is a good omen :) I am thinking of baking . We’ll see if the motivator fairy hits me over the head with her motivator stick! I think I’ve seen snippets of the Johnny Depp movie and I used to watch the old series on TV years ago. Fascinating what shadows remind us of. And I have watched a lot of so-called flops and enjoyed them. Isaiah is adorable!
ReplyDeleteIt takes me a bit of time (more thinking) to bake something
DeleteYou had me at cookie. But when you said "soft," "chewy" cookie, that absolutely sealed the deal. I'm an "underbaker" too...and often even add a tad more flour than the called for to make them a bit thicker and chewier. You need to share your recipe though as I have not had pecan cookies?? I haven't met many homemade cookies I haven't liked though. Kinda like pumpkins. Ok...this comment is as eclectic as your post LOL. Happy 2023 Anni...give Sweet Isaiah some ear scratches for me. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)
ReplyDeleteThey're very good. Hope I remember to share recipe.
DeleteYour heart-shaped cookie may be the perfect cookie! Next cookie baking day I will aim for a few of those. I am still trying to come down from my sugar high but am not doing a very good job of it.
ReplyDeleteSugar highs are something I enjoy all too often. Shame.
DeleteThanks for this post, I enjoyed the mix, I like the word eclectic :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/
Eclectic is the only thing I could think of.
DeleteLike the heart cookie!! I undercook cookies too to keep them soft. If they do get hard putting a piece of bread in with the cookies softens them up.
ReplyDeleteThey never last long enough. Freezing them keeps them soft also
DeleteCookie looks delicious! And I think I saw that movie years ago, but I remember very little about it. Time to rewatch?
ReplyDeleteYes, it is several years already.
DeleteNo store-bought cookies for me either. I like your heart-shaped cookie and I wouldn't mind that recipe ( if you have time).
ReplyDeleteI remember listening to The Lone Ranger on the radio. Now I want to see the movie.
Granny M
I will try to share the recipe
DeleteI don't recall last time I made cookies.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
I don't make 'em often
DeleteThat's a great heart cookie. I Like mine soft too.
ReplyDeleteI see Tonto too!
Isaiah is so handsome.
He has a vindictive ego!! lol
DeleteAs for that horrible kitchen photo I 1000000% agree
ReplyDeleteI don't even leave a coffee cup in the sink. Not to mention my counters are sanitized after each meal!!
I cannot imagine living with such slobs LOL
Hugs Cecilia
Slobs is as a"nice" word.
DeleteI didn't see the movie. but I like that shadow and I love that cookie.
ReplyDeleteCheerful Monk
They are delicious...heart shaped or not.
DeleteI never understand what makes movies a flop or not. The Lone Ranger was rather entertaining while the top 10 movies the critics say are 'Must See', I have never heard of nor are remotely interested in seeing.
ReplyDeleteI so agree with you.
DeleteNot bring at all. Interesting shadow.
ReplyDelete