
To begin, I mentioned the delay in working on the bathroom. Well, part of it was a nasty fall I had that put me in a blinded state for a couple of days! -the photo here is today, the 14th, about a week AFTER the mishap, and quite a bit healed. I never thought of a selfie at the time of the fall- The very night, a few minutes afterward, my left eye swelled shut, a large knot appeared on my forehead, and the several scrapes along the cheek and nose and under both eyes were bloody, and stinging. Then, the very next morning, all was still swelled badly, tho the pain was subsiding. To top it off, I lost my cellphone during the day sometime!! I searched everywhere. Bud tried calling my number. Nothing. Erik, my son texted Bud and said the night before [the night of the fall] someone called him while he was teaching class. He didn't realize until it was way late in the evening. After thinking I had lost it for good, the mechanic called Bud's number [I have his contact on my phone ICE -In Case of Emergency] the next morning; it was the secretary at the mechanic's telling us I left my phone on the counter there while I was paying for the repair work and picking up the car!
So a few days passed and no work done on the painting. Again, there are two individual rooms for both of our bathrooms. I finally felt up to getting some done about 4 days later. I did get the walls painted in ONE room and all the 'stuff' hung for decorative touches. I am gonna take another day to myself and relax then, begin the 2nd room.
This has been a week from H E double L.
before...

after...

Note: I whited out the door opening to the 2nd room



Bud was in the Navy, stationed in the North Atlantic, Caribbean, and the Orient. Hence, his interest in everything of the culture/figurines, etc. I have one piece that goes into the 2nd room of the bathroom that has a 'history' to it, will hopefully remember to share it when that room is done.
Oh my goodness! I was just thinkng about you today, wondering why you hadn't posted in awhile. I cannot believe you continued on with the painting with what you went through!!! And didn't even go to a doctor or anything! I could never be that tough; you are amazing! Hoping you will be all healed and feeling back to normal by christmas. Are you in pain?
ReplyDeleteI did have to take a couple days off because of the swelling.
DeleteOh my. So sorry to hear about your fall. Did you have to go to the ER or a doctor at all? Or are you like a Timex? Takes a licking and keeps on ticking? :)
ReplyDeleteER would tell me what I already knew.
DeleteYou beat yourself up pretty good, Anni. Molly and I are sending you tons of AireZen and healing vibes!
ReplyDeleteAireZen...I like that!!
DeleteSo sorry to hear about your fall, it looks and sounds bad. I hope you are feeling better. It is good news someone found your phone. Take care, enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteThanks... yes, happy to haven't phone!!
DeleteOUCH Anni, that looked like it hurt! So happy to hear you're healing and that the swelling went down. This is so ironic because about a week and a half ago, I also had a fall. I was in Ardmore and had just crossed the street and began walking on the sidewalk, when I tripped over a crack in the cement and came crashing down on my face. I'm surprised I didn't break my nose or all my teeth because I hit the pavement hard. I had a bruised nose and a lot of redness (from cement scratches) for about a week, but eventually it healed. I was so lucky because it could have been much worse.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you found your phone. And I what a great idea it is to have a phone number on your contacts ICE. I think I may do that too!
You remodel photos are just fabulous! Love the before and after's. And being that I collect Buddha statues, I enjoyed your photos. I lived in Japan back in the 90s and fell in love with all things Japanese.
You take care, my friend! I was happy to see your post today!
Your fall and mine were similar. I became close friends with a curb
DeleteI too was wondering what was keeping you from posting. Now I know, and it does look like a bad fall. I am so glad you are recovering and will be back to normal in a short while. I hope.
ReplyDeleteThings are looking up. For now
DeleteAnni I am so very very sorry what a fall that must have been. I re-read the post, am I correct that you did not need professional medical attention? For sure a week from He-double hockey sticks. Yes take off a day or two to relax and heal
ReplyDeleteSending all kinds of healing purrs
Cecilia
Thanks Ms C
DeleteOk we need to see what the other guy looks like:) Seriously, what a dreadful fall you took and are carrying the scars to prove it. Surprised you didn't get professional help and stunned that you kept painting after a few days.. What a gal. I'd have milked it for weeks.
ReplyDeleteSo glad your phone was found. Good idea about the ICE number.
Do take it easy and heal up lady. Most things will wait nicely.
Professional help would tell me everything I already knew..
Delete.I had a big boo-boo
Holy Moley! I am so thankful you didn't do a previous selfie. It definitely would have been heart-wrenching. Glad that you are on the mend and feeling better. Take your time with the decorating and rest every now and then. Hopefully by Christmas you'll be looking angelic once again. We have gotten so attached to our phones, especially if they were expensive ones. I'll never forget the time a friend thought she lost her cell phone while sitting in the back seat of my car and she took out her cell phone to turn its light on to look for the cell phone she was now holding in her hand. It was a hoot!
ReplyDeleteAngelic would be a miracle!! 😉
DeleteOMGOSH! That is awful. I face planted about a year ago and broke loose a bridge to a front tooth. It was hanging on by 2 little 'weld' joints and didn't get redone for a year and a half. I think the injured pride from falling is almost as bad as the fall itself.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you were able to get a few things done but I am sure doing that took its toll.
Sending you healing thoughts and wishes so you can enjoy the Christmas holidays. Hugs- Diana
Thanks Diana!!
DeleteOh my goodness !!! You and I look like sisters from your fall and mine last month.
ReplyDeleteOuch, Ouch, Ouch...I'm glad you are recovering and things are not worse. The ground sure gets harder the older we get...
Lovely Bathrooms and decor, by the way.
Sue
Definitely...especially in my case, covered with cement!! 😁
DeleteAnni, you may have said and I missed it... but did you fall in the house? Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. And so glad you found your phone!!
ReplyDelete...outdoors!
DeleteI'm so sorry you fell. It seems incredible that you didn't break any part of you, like your nose or teeth, or even a hip!! Good that you got your phone back. Also good is how the bathroom is looking. Sending healing thoughts, GM
ReplyDeleteOh how terrible!!! I am so sorry......the week from hell for sure. Sighhhhhhh...
ReplyDeleteBut naturally I wonder how you fell. Don't think you told and I missed it.
Hope you give yourself enough time to rest. Really rest. I know you want to get finished but... let's remember that none of us are as young as we used to be. Smile...
Gentle hugs...
💛😊💛😊💛😊💛
I will rest. I need it. Fell on cement curb.
DeleteOh my goodness, that was some fall, so pleased you are okay.
ReplyDeleteGood too that you got your phone back.
Take care and make sure you get some extra rest to help you heal.
My good wishes.
All the best Jan
Ya losing a phone would have been another unexpected cost!
DeleteDid you forget to repeat my mantra? You know— "Do NOT fall!" Getting older, this talk to yourself is one of the most important things you can and should do every day and often. It matters! I tell it to all. You know why. So glad your injuries are healing and you're back to work. Easy does it. The bathroom is so much brighter and nice now. So glad to hear from you.
ReplyDeleteToo late...I fell. lol
DeleteOh my you poor thing. You took quite a fall. Glad to hear you are healing.
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen
DeleteYikes and wowsers. That certainly was some fall. Thankfully (hopefully?) nothing is broken (this coming from someone who managed to break her foot in 2 places cleaning the cat box 😳😬). I truly hope you heal up good as new and quickly...and get that painting project done. Your paint redo certainly brightened up the space. But I a impressed. Two bathrooms and each have 2 rooms? That deserves another "yikes!" 😂 ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)
ReplyDelete🙂 two rooms in each bath is a nice feature to be sure. Nice to have you visit Robin!
DeleteOh Anni! That looks so painful! I hope you heal quickly.
ReplyDeleteYour before bathroom pic, looks so much like our before bathroom pic. Ours was that same blue color before we painted it - and we also went with a white for the after.
Kindred spirits!
DeleteI'm so sorry about your fall! 😣 Take care!
ReplyDeleteI am trying! Thanks
DeleteOh no, I am so sorry Anni!!! It looks incredibly painful. The week from H E double L indeed. On a good note everything is coming together nicely after all the decorating and the figurines etc are delightful. Please take good care of yourself and speedy healing xo
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise
DeleteI'm so sorry you had this happen. I fell on my face when I tripped on a buckled up sidewalk a few years ago. One thing that helped me heal was Rosehip Oil. I rubbed it on my boo boos several times a day. Take care! Sweet hugs!
ReplyDeleteRose Hip oil...hafta remember that.
DeleteI am late reading this so hopefully by now you are healing well. Nook is right… since my fall when I broke my wrist, I am more conscious of how easily one can fall. Your painting looks so nice! Hilltop Post
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary
DeleteSo sorry to hear about your fall, Anni.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling better.
Your remodel photos look fantastic!
Sending you lots of hugs.
Thanks Veronica.
DeleteI have been off since last monday, we both got covid and I have not been online for 5 day. I decided to browse feedly and there you were all smashed up. my word. was this related to painting? outside? when you feel better tell us the story so we can know what to be careful. we are all about the same age and falls are common. glad there is no permanent damage done. the house is looking super. I hope you did not fall off that little ladder in the tub. i will not climb that on the floor. see you soon i hope
ReplyDeleteHope you two are on the mend!!!
DeleteOH my gosh. So sorry about the nasty fall. Look at you go though. Wow, wow. Hope the rest has healed up. Cheers, Ivy.
ReplyDeleteIt's much better...thanks!
DeleteOh, Anni, now I know what you meant on your current post about a fall and swelling. So sorry you had to deal with this! Ah, can see the blue color you mentioned in your comment (you're right, looks like our new color) and more of your asian decor. Beautiful!
ReplyDelete~Mary