Done and Thank Goodness....


After nearly two weeks of working on the bath, I really began to "hate" the entire job. But, now that it's finally done, it's not bad. Next room on the agenda is the Livingroom. A big, huge room that requires emptying the very large entertainment center of records [vinyl collection], CDs, tapes, DVDs, and even some very old VHS that haven't been replaced. Plus lots of knicknacks. Then, we need to patch cracked walls from the foundation sinking this past summer. And, rearrange furniture and picture frames. Estimated 2-4 weeks of work. I'm sure there will be many days off relaxing sore muscles. lol
I know I showed a lot in my previous post of the bathroom progress, but I wanted to record the finished job. We decided to go from blue to everything accented oriental red...






We have collected many Buddahs and dragons, a couple of oriental fans, Foo Dogs, and chinamen figurines. But...as I mentioned last week, there is a SPECIAl Buddah. Actually a Ho Tei [pronounced HO Tie]. I bought this for Bud for a gift of our very first Christmas...nearly 54 years ago. He's about 3 feet tall. Trust me, his belly has been rubbed thousands of times for good luck!!

Even when we moved from Colorado to Arizona and then the Texas coast, he had a special place in the CAR instead of the moving vans!!



The last share today is of the four Chinese Zodiac symbols in soapstone...
The Rat *Erik's
The Tiger *Bud's
The Ox *Me, Anni
The Rooster *Irene's



Wanna know what your personality [zodiac] is? Click here. PS...you need to know what YEAR of your birth to know your symbol first. Calculate here!!!

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on being done. Love the second to last photo. So fun. So, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are done with the work. The Buddha statues are looking great.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    It must be a relief to be done. I like the buddha and the zodiac critters. Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bathroom looks beautiful and I love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Admire the heck out of you for tackling such a job. All the work was worth it though. Love the red also. Checked and I guess I am a rabbit. Wonder if that explains why I have a yard full of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bathroom looks really nice.
    My Chinese zodiac sign is the tiger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni, I love all the red accents in the bathroom. And course, being a huge fan of anything Japanese, I love your collection of Asian items; particularly the Buddhas. And the one you gifted Bud? WOW!

    Love those soapstone's too! Being into astrology, I knew I was a goat in the Chinese zodiac. My astrological sign is Libra.

    Have a fantastic week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love the bathroom remodel. beautiful. also like all the red. I love red

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very vibrant red and looks great! I am a horse, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WTG Anni and I hope your are healing and less sore. You are very brave to tackle the great room. Our ceilings on first floor are 9'. We do not paint anything on that floor.
    I'm an OX
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the work done in the bathroom! I think the red brings a lot of energy to the bathroom making one feel energized and ready to go (as in "face the day" - thought I would make that clear. LOL) in the morning. I am the monkey. The Buddha's belly button is starting to disappear from all of that rubbing. :-) I hope you are feeling better. Don't start the living room until after the New Year . . . or Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Accomplishment!!!!! And onward...

    Merry Christmas!
    💛🎄💛🎄💛🎄💛

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what an elegant bathroom. You have done a masterpiece. Glad you are finished with it and are healing too. Take some time off to rest before you start that long livingroom project.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on a job well done. I love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also am very fond of red in fact the kitchen here had red countertops for the first 15 years or so. Then we changed to green and I've often regretted that decision. You must be so relieved to be done with the bathroom but now the LR looms.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear your bathroom is finished. I'm sure it was all worth it.!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Red has always been my favorite color and your bathroom belongs in a house-beautiful book! BTW..I rubbed the Buddah's belly! Ho Tei laughed at me. Oh what a project the living room will be! Be careful. Sincerely, The Goat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12/20/2022

    What an enormous amount of work! It looks great. I'm a rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats, and I love all the Asian decor, very cool. The red in your bathroom is what I would have chosen myself. I have a lot of red in the family room, in patterns, the carpet and the curtains. Even red hearts on some earthenware collectibles. I love red!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, Love the Buddahs - From your Dog nephew! Mucho love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! Just scanning back a bit to see some things I missed when away from my blog. Finished bathroom looks very nice. Really like the red accents and all the decor!! Our bedroom is red, with an asian theme, so can really appreciate this. My sun sign is Sagittarius, and I was born in the year of the Dragon, love both!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents