At Last...




Okie Dokie...a new post begins. The photo to the left is my witch wreath on the entry door. It's soft sculpture and has a black kitty beside her. Made from grapevine. Last year I strung lights on it, but this year, I didn't take the time to do such. Lazy maybe? I dunno. But, at least I got it out of storage and got it hung. That is accomplishing something.

Now to show you close up and more details as a lot of you asked for in previous comments. These are random. Some witchy, some not so much...

What is a collection of ANY figurines without at least one of Jim Shore's work?! These are [left] mini witch, and [right] The Wicked Witch of the West from Wizard of Oz:

My smallest of witches: I can hold her in my hand!

One of two black cats with glowing eyes [sitting on the hearth]

Last today, a close up of my acrylic painting from many years ago. You can view the entire painting HERE...

26 comments:

  1. My favorite is the cute little mini witch. Your painting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Jim Shore witches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life is becoming festive along your continuous wonderful Halloween posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your witches are wonderful but I especially love Jim Shore's work and your paining is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    Love the witches, the wreath is my favorite. Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni, your acrylic painting is FAN-TAS-TIC! I love the detail you captured in her hands and face!

    The glowing cat eyes are so SPOOKY!

    The WWW looks SO MUCH like Margaret Hamilton - even the way she is posed - just like in the film!

    I love how much you get into the holidays and share it with us. Always enjoyed, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your collection. Years ago I made soft sculpture witches and did some folk art painted ones on slates. Sadly, I gave them all away, or sold them at craft shows, so I don't have a single one anymore. My claim to witch fame is my hat that hangs outside my door that says-The Witch Is In. Nothing like identifying the occupant. lol. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. A splendid collection that you've showcased for us! I love the wreath for the door and your painting is beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the face on your smallest witch. And they are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pieces of your wonderful collection are so enjoyed by many. My favorite is the Wicked Witch of the West as that is what my impression of all witches is. Wicked Wicked Wicked! Of course your green face witch is beautifully done too! Kudos for this share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the witches but the one from the Wizard of Oz is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni each one is so unique. I reallllllly like the one with the blue bird. Such a beautiful dress and accessories.
    Heading over to the link of the acrylic
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie don't know how many years ago you painted it but I say OMCs your artistic talent was obvious from the very first time you started. I cannot draw PERIOD...I guess my artistic abilities are shown in my sewing and, of late, infrequent crocheting
      Hugs cecilia

      Delete
  13. You have such an amazing collection but I was really captivated by your painting of the witch on the boomstick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a collection you have..they are so fun to look at. Jim Shore is such a great artist and sculpture creature. His work definitely has to be put in a place of honor.
    Love your artistry too. I really wish I could do some of that.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa..I just reread my comment..Jim Shore is NOT a sculpture "creature" but a creator!
      Sue

      Delete
  15. All are wonderful... but I like the tiny witch best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10/16/2022

    The mini witch is my favorite too. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. I admire your talent.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your collection and I REALLY LOVE your painting!!! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the tiny witch the best out of all the witches here and the cat and the painting are my favorites today. I think I'm back I'm talking to my desktop and it seems to be working very well but slow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous10/17/2022

    Your collection is amazing. The black cat with the glowing eyes would freak me out!!
    Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool all!

    Mmmmmm the cat!!!!! The cat eyes!!!!!!!

    🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! How long have you been collecting witches Anni? These are all brilliant! Loved the black cat and your artwork too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think I lost my first comment so coming back to add this just in case it doesn't pop up in your spam folder. I am still getting people in mine so maybe you are too. I loved them all, from your collection, to your artwork to your cat! Have a great week Anni :)

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents