Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder....


These photos were taken just after sunrise along the park's beach in Rockport, Texas. I didn't realize it'd be like it was as the sun was peeking over the horizon, until it was up in the sky for about 15 minutes. I was walking along the trails and not paying much attention 'til I actually looked! LOL




This park, along the beach bay has been in the midst of a huge renovation since damages from hurricanes. I always like walking here very early in the morning...at the end of the trails, there is a rookery where several species nest in the Spring months.

This will be my last post for a while! I will be...

66 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sunrise. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are gorgeous of that spectacular sunrise! Enjoy your break, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anni, the images you captured of the sunrise are absolutely FAB-U-LOUS! WOW! And I love the silhouette of the palm trees against the sky.

    Enjoy your break, my friend. See ya' when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photos of the sunrise! Enjoy your time away from blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sunrise. Enjoy your break, I know I need them now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sunrise! Enjoy your break. You'll be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the striped sunrise is amazing. since you might miss my post, this morning just before sunrise, in the back yard with Beau, I was standing listeing to the sweet sound of screech owls, from a distance. I realized I was staring at a juvenile screech owl, maybe 4 or 5 inches, still fuzzy not feathery. he was sitting with his back to me and only about 10 feet from my nose. I froze and stood there watching, and carefully took a step closer, the 2nd step his sweet little head turned around backwards and he stared me in the eyes, the hairs on both arms stood up and the joy was unimaginalbe .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this posted itself before I was done. I came in to tell bob and went back and he was still there. i came in a 2nd time to get bob, he was gone that time. pretty sure he was a half grown eastern screech owl, but no photos, it was dark

      Delete
    2. Anni Happy blogging break!
      Oh my word you left use with absolutely breathtaking photos.
      Hugs Cecilia

      Delete
    3. Sandra...to have an owl so near me would have me trickling down my leg!!

      Delete
    4. Sandra(2)...too bad. But you saw it!! That counts in my book. 😊

      Delete
  8. Love the moon pictures! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you captured and enjoyed these beautiful red shots of the sunrise. They are a first for me. I never see the sunrise. Enjoy your blogging break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely go out for sunsets, so the morning sun is my forte.

      Delete
  10. What gorgeous pictures, Anni. They look surreal... so beautiful!!! Thank you for the kind comment on my blog post, ((((((((((dear friend)))))))))). You will be very much missed while on your blogging break but I certainly understand. Enjoy your time away. Much love~ Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow gorgeous skies.
    Enjoy your break.
    About comments - For some reason SOME comments are being put into the SPAM folder. I don't look at that folder right away. I do see all the comments though and once I take them out of Spam they do get published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click "not spam" then I know I commented 'cause it's then published

      Delete
  12. Beautiful photo's. You really capture some amazing views. Glad you have such a wonderful place to walk. Enjoy your blog break, you'll be missed; but we'll leave the light on for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous...

    But! Walking in the pre-dawn dark????

    Enjoy your Blogging Break! We all need one, now and then.

    Gentle hugs,
    🌸 🌺 🌸 🌺 🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dark, just before sunrise is my favorite time of day!!!

      Delete
  14. Can I just say GASP! at the beauty here. And I'll miss you but know you'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, it is stunning!!!! I hope you will get everything done that you want on your break. I will miss you! But we all need blog breaks from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. But the break will be for pleasure only!

      Delete
  16. Your photos are amazing. Wow! Some of my favorites ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sunrise is spectacular!
    Enjoy your blogging break - we'll miss you.
    PS - thanks for the trumpet vine idea. Bob thinks that area is too shady for them, but is going to check at the nursery because he thought they were beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good you got the Sunrise (and in all its glory) That rookery where several species nest..... I could sit there the whole day watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous6/07/2022

    Absolutely stunning. I've never thought "tropical" when I thought of Texas, but you've changed my mind along the way. Hope your break is good for your heart and soul. You'll be missed. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas is mostly dry/arid unless along the coast & along the LA. border.

      Delete
  20. You took some amazing photos again!!
    Have a lovely break from blogging ( but don't forget to come back).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be back (in the tone of Schwarzenegger)

      Delete
  21. Beautiful photos - as always! Enjoy your break! We will be right here watching for you to come back! No pressure! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a while before I return. Thanks Linda

      Delete
  22. Wow! Have a great break. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your blogging break! I love a good sunset and sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, that’s a stunning set of moon images Anni! I hope you enjoy your blogging break and that is is for pleasure. I will miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...much pleasure, I hope.😊. Thanks

      Delete
  25. going to miss you while you are on your break. I am still trying to fix my commenting name. I am not Unknown..I'm Sue of photowannabe
    Your sunrise is spectacular glad you looked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried signing out of blogger, cleaning your browser cache & logging in to blogger again?

      Delete
  26. Beautiful photographs.
    Enjoy your blogging break :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!!! Gorgeous sunrise! I dont think I have ever seen one wiite like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen anything like this myself.

      Delete
  28. Enjoy your break.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  29. June 13th

    Hope you are having a lovely time on your Blog Break.

    But...

    You are missed.

    Don't stay away too long....

    Gentle hugs
    💗💓💗 💗💓💗 💗💓💗

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh, very dramatic photos! I hope you're enjoying your blog break. I take too many of those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are awesome photos. So glad you captured such splendid images.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I know you are on a break but I'm trying to see if I can finally comment on your post again. Sue of photowannabe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, it finally happened. My picture is finally there too. So relieved. Sue

      Delete
  33. Waving hi as I make my blog rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Waving hi as I make my rounds, hoping you're enjoying your break.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful sunrise, and interesting effect with the black clouds crossing it. It looks very dramatic.
    Enjoy your blog break.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents