Buc Days...


For ten days, the city hosts a world renowned rodeo and other events, called BUC Days. It's an annual thing, tho the last couple of years because of the covid 'scare' it was either canceled or not much of anything. This year, it's back again...full blast; May 5th thru the 15th.

The opening of the celebration is dunking of the Mayor of our city into the bay off a pirate ship; making her walk the plank. [photo courtesy of Google search] Thus, begins the festivities. Concerts, carnivals, parades, rodeos, pirates, etc. You can read more about it here. The other day on my way to the grocery store for deli salads for lunch, I saw that they were exercising the horses in a parking lot from the mall. I pulled in and watched. Then, when the stalls were cleaned and readied for their prospective 'owners'...they walked 'em into the tented area and we people who gathered by then could get an up close and personal look at them. They are part of the world famous Budweiser Clydesdales. Long ago, when we lived in Colorado, about 60-70 miles from home, there was a vast ranch for some of their horses,  plus a brewery...near the Wyoming Border. We went often. Mainly for the kids' entertainment and I could be near my beloved critters. Trust me when I say they are some of the most pampered horses ever. Even their stables had chandeliers! Then, the gift shop. And taste testing.  Oh...drool. So, it goes without saying, when I saw the Clydesdales here in town [they opened the parade proceedings with the Budweiser Wagon and the horses...plus two sweet Dalmatians of course]. I asked the one gentleman who was walking a group of three which ones were the lead horses. He pointed them out...Jack and JD. Beautiful specimens. I recall one of the Dalmatians being Lily, but can't remember the 2nd one's name. Here are some photos off my cellphone. After about an hour, I did eventually get to the store....








...the end!!!

61 comments:

  1. So special!!! I would have been over the moon. Oh my, they are gorgeous. And so BIG!! I think they are larger than regular horses. And i'm so glad you got shots of the beautiful Dalmatians. This is much better than a rodeo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, ya. Clydesdales are draft horses. Much bigger than quarter horse.

      Delete
  2. They are beautiful and amazing creatures.
    Happy Mothers Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are such beautiful horses and so huge! Happy Mother's Day, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...hope your mother's day was great!

      Delete
  4. Hello Anni,
    I love the Anni, so pretty. The Dalmatian is cute too. Happy Mother's Day! Have a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Anni, BUC Days sounds like such enjoyable event! Happy to read that it's back this year...full blast.

    " I say they are some of the most pampered horses ever. Even their stables had chandeliers! "

    LOL! Yes, pampered indeed!

    Great photos! Those horses are gorgeous. You can tell how WELL they are taken care of. I love how in the final shot (The End) how the horses tails are all moving in the same direction. And that capture of the Dalmatian resting its chin on ledge is so precious.

    Thanks for sharing, my friend! Have a super Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a better lifestyle than some humans I know.🐴

      Delete
  6. I have never seen them in real life. they are so beautful and I love their commericals just to see the horses. I love the Triple Ending today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy their commercials too *and the Budweiser frogs).

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous *gorgeous* horses.... and dogs too! How fun!! I'm glad this event is back. After such an absence it probably was all the better. Happy Mother's Day, kiddo! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. Hope your Sunday was nice too.

      Delete
  8. Be still my heart! LOVE them and you took fantastic shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word I mayor is way too full of herself to do anything this fun. You have a great Mayor!!
    Now for Clydesdales we saw them here in Raleigh years ago and we've seen them at Busch Gardens ever a very young colt.. I fell in love with those Gentle Giants and their amazingly expressive eyes. We watch a program on RFD tv called Gentle Giants all about heavy horses .All of them are amazing but there is something about their feathering just amazing. Thank you for sharing these photos.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only a "fun" mayor, but pretty too. 😊

      Delete
  10. Sounds like fun on the schdule. Seems to run for mayor there you have to have a sense of humor and know how to swim:)
    Oh I have seen those Clydesdales before and their size is amazing. I use to want one till I found out how much they ate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All horses are expensive. Even back when we had one!

      Delete
  11. I have seen these horses when they came to Tampa some time ago. They are absolutely, positively, gorgeous animals. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhh I love clydesdales!!!!!!!!!

    We too, were able to go see them, where they were, in special tents, in a park area, on the outskirts of town, when they were appearing here. OHHHHHHHH WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!!!

    🌸 🌹 🌷 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  13. And you've probably seen some of the Utubes of them.

    I especially love the one, where they opened the first Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Game, 'after' the Pandemic. This little film, gives such a thrill of "We Came Through"! :-))))))))))))))))))))))))

    🌸 🌹 🌷 🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love horse videos...including Budweiser Clydesdales.

      Delete
  14. Anonymous5/08/2022

    Well, that puts an end to any thought of being mayor of your city. I have nothing against pirates, mind you, but I can't swim. I love the Clydesdales.... We had a neighbor down the road who had several for many years but then they moved away (the owners I mean...not the Clydesdales...Well, I guess the Clydesdales moved too...) Sorry...didn't get much sleep LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5/08/2022

      (TheCrankyCrow)

      Delete
    2. I can't swim either!!...

      Delete
    3. ...but, I knew you were Robin, the cranky crow mistress

      Delete
  15. Those big horses are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the shots ,

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun! It looks like a fabulous event! So good it can be back in full swing now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have a bit of normalcy

      Delete
  18. I just love those Clydesdale horses and have been to see them. Such magnificent animals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - what a fun thing! I love that bit about the Mayor, :)
    The Clydesdale horses are just magnificent. I would have loved to see this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll be back next year. Vacation plans!?!

      Delete
  20. Both Dog and horse are sure beautiful Animals.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun is this!!! I think we are all wanting to celebrate just about anything we can these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have got to.come back when on computer! I dint know if I would ever have made it to the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll be here...waiting for you.

      Delete
  23. How awesome those Clydesdales are! Such majestic animals! I would have loved getting that close to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just within safety for them from curious hands!!

      Delete
  24. Magnificent looking animals these Clydesdales, and adorable Dalmations. They must have been fun to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I sure would have like to be there...these are great pics. I cannot pic a favorite. They have such a kind look in their eyes. And a look that says they think about stuff. I had a listen to the Susan Boyal song...it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. all 4 comments came through on Snapper blog. the house is stunning, looks more like a hotel to me. I could not live in a house that big even with servants, just think of the walk from bedroom to kitchen or living room. you would not need to go anywhere to hike and look for birds, right in your own yard..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the redundancy!! My comments. Would show up...then, "poof"...disappeared.

      Delete
  27. I remember seeing Clydesdales at the state fair years ago, and many, many Percherons as well. I couldn't get over how huge they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother had a Percheron named Max. She rode it!! Like you said, huge!!

      Delete
  28. How thrilling to see them so up close and personal..especially The End..(:0)
    Saw them in MO. at the place there. I couldn't get over the chandeliers...
    They are simply gorgeous and those sweet Dalmatians ...especially the one looking longingly out between the bars of his kennel the backside makes the story special.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been to the brewery in MO too. 😊

      Delete
    2. I would love to see them in person!

      Delete
    3. They're impressive!

      Delete
  29. This is awesome. I love the photos. Buc Day sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad you could have it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Finally, a bit more normal.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents