
I had a session with a chiropractor on Tuesday. As you know I try to do a lot of walking per suggestion of my cardiologist years ago. Lately, I have experienced a LOT of pain around my right hip!! At times, after walking, I couldn't even reach to close the car door without nearly screaming in agony. And I don't consider myself a whimp. I normally can deal with what I experience. I'm sure I will be returning for several appointments [and doing the exercises she showed me to do 3 times a day] to alleviate my misaligned pelvic bone on my right side!! Ugh. But when the alternative is drugs and/or surgery, and this routine works, I definitely will opt for it instead.
I will finish out my yard flowers that I started in previous post...
These are my cactus blossoms on the patio
I mentioned one of my favorite flowers for South Texas is the Duranta bush. Reason? It's purple and the winter berries attract birds. This far south the cool colored flowers [blue and purple] don't thrive. Maybe that is why bluebonnets are such a favored flower with the Texans...

Lastly today, my amaryllis. Yes, they are planted in the ground, and thankfully didn't freeze!



- - - -
This is the book I'm reading at the moment...

- The Elephant of Belfast tells the tender and harrowing story of a young female zookeeper and the elephant, and what they endure together during the German blitz of Belfast. The novel speaks the tragedy of the times, but also to the ongoing sectarian tensions that still exist in Northern Ireland today.
In October 1940, the reader meets twenty-year-old zookeeper Hettie Quin when Violet, a three-year-old elephant, arrives at the Belfast docks from Ceylon. Soon, she becomes Violet’s dedicated zookeeper at the Bellevue Zoo. After the recent loss of her beloved older sister and the abandonment of her father, Hettie finds contentment in her care of Violet and work with her fellow zookeepers.
Six months later, in April 1941, Belfast is attacked. One evening, over five hours, 674 bombs are dropped and almost a thousand civilians were killed. During the bombings, Hettie Quin fights to save her elephant and survive the destruction and escalating sectarian unrest of the city.
Inspired by the true story of Denise Austin
your flowers are gorgeous, and you know my fav is the pelican with the amaryllis... in 2015 I stared doing daily exercises for my left hip and right knee, I have done them faithfully. The remind me is I skip a couple of days due to busy or forgetting. As long as I do them i am pain free, but when I stop it goes right back. so keep doing those excercises. I just finished mine. I do the hip/legs exercises as soon as I make the bed. 2 involving laying flat on the floor, I use the bed. I agree with you, surgery is always the last thing I would do...those cactus blooms are so pretty and the color is fantastic
ReplyDeleteExercise is by far the best choice. For now.
DeleteLOVE that Duranta bush. Such a pretty color.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing what a difference exercises can make. I was given some to do for my back and if I do them, it does feel better. The problem is getting myself to keep up with them.
I don't recall using a dandelion under our chins but I do remember doing that with buttercups and if your chin glowed yellow it meant you liked butter.
I lived in an area there were no buttercups! lol
DeleteYour flowers are so beautiful and the book you're reading sounds like a winner. I hope your hip feels better soon, Anni.
ReplyDeleteThanks M&M
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you are in pain, I hope the exercising helps you. Your flowers are all beautiful, a burst of colors. The book sounds interesting, I am adding it to my TBR list. Take care, have a wonderful weekend.
😊
DeleteAnni, good for you for trying a chiropractor instead of drugs/surgery. I've not used that kind of therapy, but I've use many other alternative therapies and found them to be extremely effective, such as acupuncture.
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs of the various flowers. The colors are gorgeous!
I've not read the book "The Elephant of Belfast", but saw the film adaptation (based on the true story). It was wonderful! It's entitled, "Zoo." In case you're interested, here is the link to the trailer: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3688342/
Have a fabulous weekend, my friend!
I watched the video. Thanks for the heads-up
DeleteGorgeous floral specimen that you've shared with us! The amaryllis is beautiful and the clarity in the anthers and filaments is impeccable. Stay on top of those recommended exercises as that is a much better alternative than surgery and drugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely not one for drugs (unless it's birthing...lol)
DeleteI'm glad you've found a non-surgical answer, Anni. Exercise... it seems to be the answer to a lot of ailments. Your flowers are gorgeous... stunningly so. ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea
DeleteSure hope the chiropractor works for you. My cardiologist sent me to one when I complained of sciatica pain. He not only fixed my back but cured my (arthritis in my hip?) that I had lived with for years. Hope you have just as good results as I had.
ReplyDeleteI just finished "The Elephant Whisperer" so the "Elephant of Belfast" sounds right up my alley. Thanks.
Chiropractors MAY help, I hope. Thanks
DeleteI'm so fed up with these new comments rules, or whatever they are. So I will just let you know that this is Inger from Desert Canyon Living and I love your amaryllis in the ground. I've never pictured them in the ground before and they are lovely.
ReplyDeleteLucky to have warmer climes for those amaryllis
DeleteI put those that book on my Goodreads list to read. It sounds good. Love the amaryllis. So pretty!
ReplyDeleteThanks. So far, good book.
DeleteI can sympathize with you regarding back/hip pain. Cannot even get out of bed in the morning if I don't do my stretch exercises. Hope they work for you! Beautiful blooms on your cactus! I have to cut off the anthers from the indoor amaryllis and lily blossoms as the pollen flared up allergies! I really enjoyed your images today.
ReplyDeleteThat's too bad about your allergies
DeleteThe library has that book!!!!! It may be a while but I don't think I will forget it. You might like The Elephant Whisperer. There is a follow-up to it called An elephant in my Kitchen, and while it is good, I did not think it was as good as the the other. Elephants are amazing creatures.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful.
I sure hope that those exercises work for you. Anything to avoid surgery.
DeleteI'm envious of your in-the-ground Amaryllis. They're lovely and so much less bother than as a houseplant.
That book sounds interesting and I think I may look up the film too.
I watched the trailer that Ron shared...looks good.
DeleteRose...I like elephants.
DeleteSuper post
ReplyDeleteGorgeous blooms. Hope you find relief for that pain.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth
DeleteI too walk a LOT and I visit my chiropractor once a month.
ReplyDeleteYour garden is a sight to behold. I saw something rather odd today.
A yard with 6 blue wooded ducks and one on the mailbox. I pass this house often on ride abouts never seen the ducks. I suspect there is a 'reason' but Gigi google found nothing
Hugs cecilia
Hmmm, interesting.
Deletehope you are feeling better, the book sounds like a good book, take care
ReplyDeleteThanks so much
DeleteThanks for the information on the book. It sounds like something I would like to read too. Gorgeous flowers. I do hope you get some relief from your pain. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteSue
Thanks Sue.
DeleteWonderful that you are getting help, with this pain issue!!! Yesssss!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your new Icon is lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Favicon...bird brained? 😂
DeleteThe Cactus & Duranta are GORGEOUS!!! The book looks good, I love elephants. When did this pelvic bone problem start? Why is it so much worse now? Have you been to a doctor, and is there anything that can be done beside the chiropractor?
ReplyDeleteI've had back problems forever. I just didn't realize it was pelvis, I figured spine related.
DeleteSo sorry to hear about your hip pain - know how much you enjoy your walks.
ReplyDeleteYes, it's really shortening my walking time/distance.
DeleteWhew, that book. I felt stressed just reading your review. It sounds like a thrilling good read, though. Hoping the exercises helpsi. Recently, I had a bout with sciatica. Unbearable pain. So I searched for a home remedy, and found a yoga pose called pigeon pose, complete with pictures of what happens to the bone and nerve when the exercise is performed. I did it, and got ymmediate relief. I promise, immediate! I was astounded. After that, a few ice packs then heat and I am almost new. Well, I'll never be new unless I can shed a hundred hears, but you know! Fingers crossing for you!
ReplyDeleteI will look up the pigeon pose...thanks for the input.
Deletemy typing seems to be waaaaay off today. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteBeen there!
DeleteAfter reading Inger's comment, I see I apparently not the only one having commenting issues from our Google accounts. Grrrr. Anyway, this is Robin/The Cranky Crow. Your blooms are positively glorious, but confess that I am partial to that wonderful Duranta. Wish they grew here. Sorry about your hip pain but I am glad you are finding some relief. I go to a chiropractor routinely...it will never resolve my back issues but does help to keep me off the floor. I am so reading this book!! Thank you for sharing. I always loved elephants but gained a whole new understanding and respect for them after I read Jodi Picoult's "Leaving Time." It is a fictional novel, but wow.... I have never looked at an elephant the same since.
ReplyDeleteI love elephants too. I had that anonymous for me too. What I did was, clear cache and log in again as Hooting Anni & it worked.
DeleteI love the pictures and hope the chiropractor and exercises work. 🤞🤞
ReplyDeleteMe too, thanks.
DeleteBeautiful pics as always! I have had bursitis in my L hip since 2009 and sometimes that pain is almost too much to handle. I truly hope the Chiropractor can help. Sorry I haven't stopped by lately just been extremely busy. Hope you have a great weekend
ReplyDeleteThat sounds painful!!
DeleteAnnie, if you have time check out bhttps://bystargooseandhanglands.blogspot.com his April 29 post Morning Music. He has a recording he made of nightingale song on his morning walk. It is soooo lovely!
ReplyDeleteThanks...I'm on my way.
DeleteGlad to hear that you enjoyed my recording of the Nightingale. Little did he know, as he strained every sinew to make his song heard throughout the thicket, that he'd soon be heard all over the world!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing your flower photos too - and I hope those exercises work for you.
Thanks so much for visiting!!!
DeleteThe Duranta bush is so pretty! I've never heard of that plant.
ReplyDeleteThe book sounds very good.
Sorry about your hip. I sure hope the chiropractor helps!
If I don't keep trimming it, it becomes a bit invasive.
ReplyDeleteAnother New Profile - Well Done - Hopefully The Bodywork Was Magical - Such Gorgeous Photos There Hootin - Big Hugs
ReplyDeleteCheers
Thanks Travis.
DeleteHaving my own hip issues I am glad going to the chiropractor has helped you a great deal. I’d much rather go that route than the alternative. I love those flowers and the book sounds very interesting and would definitely pull at the heartstrings.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure the book will do just that!
Delete