Blogger Interface is a Challenge These Days...


I started out the morning after breakfast, working online in Blogger. The "newer" interface is not the friendliest. I feel I'm pretty proficient with coding. Yet, I can get tangled up in HTML for hours. I really shoulda just forgot the whole thing and gone birding. But no! Stupid me. I worked for hours and took a lunch break. Yes, hours. Then, I ended up getting the finishing touches on both of my blog templates for March after lunch. The most frustrating features [or I should say LACK of features], are the customized backgrounds...they don't work as they should [covering only the top few inches without being a complete filled in page! And secondly, the header! Each time, even after resizing it to fill the width, it comes out aligned to the far left! Not centered. I worked and worked. Finally, got it figured out, and made notes for next month's updated design. At least I hope.

As I said, I shoulda gone birding!

The sky was clear, the sun came out! Tho chilly, I would have enjoyed it much more being outdoors. Oh well. Tomorrow is a busy day for the two of us. And Wednesday morning, first appointment, I have a blood test. Then, it'll be setting up an appointment with my cardiologist. A 6 month check-up which will no doubt entail another EKG. Today marks 7 years since ER and heart attack!! I feel blessed. Now, I'll share some photos. With the exception of one day when the sun peaked out for a few minutes, the weatherman tells us we had 94 straight hours of gloom...



56 comments:

  1. I love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the first thing about HTML coding so I would be clueless.
    I saw some kind of flower in my accidental art but not sure what kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked your St. pats decor you made!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shots and I love the colorful turtle's head! Love your March header, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I would prefer to be outside and birding, especially if the weather is nice. Wonderful photos, I like the cute turtle head and the egret. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birding, hiking, walking...outdoors is great.

      Delete
  5. Mom says the "old" blogger was much more user friendly. She should make notes (but she would probably lose them) cause each time she updates our blog she "forgets" how to do it. And screams at the computer for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the basic blog interface WAS easier!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful images that show Mother Nature unleashing her energy in the sea! Stunning close-up of the turtle's head. I am impressed with your coding ability. It would be way over my head. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That turtle came up just as the sun came out & when it went under, so did the sun...now you know "the rest of the story".

      Delete
  7. Yes, Anni, Blogger interface is frustrating beyond belief. I sent them two comments last year, telling them that their last update was the WORST ever. Like you, I know coding; therefore I can move things around in my posts and template, however, it's the centering of the photos I post I find the most frustrating. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

    Wonderful selection of photos! My favorite kind of day at the beach are gray, misty days. LOVE them!

    Have an awesome day, Anni!


    P.S. love your new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely have to hire what you accomplished and even then would have needed a spa day to recover. Kudos to you.
    I still say the foggy pic of the guy is spooky and agree that the turtle head is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS Hope all your tests and check ups go well. Seven years is wonderful. What ever you are doing, keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you might remebmer i tried changing Beaus blog header about a year ago and it was hell trying to get it the right size. I have not touched either of them again and HTML is beyond me except for copy and paste and a tiny adustment that someone tells me what to do. I had the instructions for what i did but who know now. I created a new blog and it was so hard to do, i deleted it. mine will be staying like it is until I die or quit blogging. even changing the colors and borders are a pain in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been on the brink of tossing my blog layouts too

      Delete
  11. Wow, it's been seven years since your heart attack? I don't try to change my blog looks any more, but I sure do enjoy seeing what you do with yours! Glad you hung in there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogger has taken away a great deal of choice, opting instead for a template and array of colours which their logarithm then randomly picks from. It also, as you said, chooses where things will ultimately end up. I also know some coding, and have to commit lots of time to make individual tweaks if they start bothering me. After a while, I ask myself what is important to me, and it always comes down to the writing.

    I'm glad you continue to be healthy and haven't had a look back at your heart troubles. That's terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on priorities ... Thanks

      Delete
  13. Just reading the words HTML and coding make me almost as nervous as fractions. LOL
    What a beautiful series of photos!! I love your happy Header.
    Bryan thoroughly enjoyed seeing Isiah in all his glory last week.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ...it's nice to know your B enjoyed Isaiah's concerto!

      Delete
  14. Well, I just use what I have, to blog.

    Stick to large Headers, which can be sized to needed 1150, with my width....

    But I know, you can do things, so you want to do them.

    If you get a chance, would you send me an email, with How To Make Any Pic be Centered again....... What I have, won't work. :-) Don 't do this often, but nice to have the ability to put that Code in. And be able to.

    🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just use the center tag ...and make sure you CLOSE. the "center"

      Delete
  15. I had to laugh at My Mind's Eye remark..She hit the nail on the head...as scary as "fractions".
    7 years since ER and Attack! Wow, You take such good care of yourself and I know that the Dr. appt. will be just fine.
    So glad you are still blogging and that I have gotten to know you through it.
    Love the "gloomy" photos..they truly are beautiful, but especially the turtle head..amazing colors.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our friendship is important to me too Sue!!

      Delete
  16. Oh gosh, I didn't know about any of this. I have not experienced an of it, and I change my background with every post! Why is that? Maybe you are using your phone, and I am using a laptop? What is going on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more or less personal preferences these days since there are so many different outlets for the internet

      Delete
  17. The greens in your temple ares pretty... an I love the clovers. I rarely change my template...stick to the boring black since I have it customized to my liking as to what widgets go where. I do change up the header and so remember how to center it (altho Blogger keeps "hiding" how you get to it LOL). It is a pain to change up the html coding ... at least to coordinate it with wikiplayer and the Youtube codes for the songs you want. That's why there is still Christmas music on mine. I'll get around to changing it eventually, but it seems only a couple of people hear it anyways, so no rush. Even I can't hear it and it's my blog! Beautiful gloomy photos....love the ones with the waves and ship. Happy March! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My volume is off on both phone & computer,so I don't hear anything

      Delete
  18. Not "temple"....Yikes. I meant "template".... Some blogs are difficult to type on as the letters I type don't "take"...yours, unfortunately, is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you using a cellphone? That is my case with blogs/phone

      Delete
  19. I love the turtles head coming out of the water.
    I don't know HTML - just use what blogger gives me. :) Blogger shrinks my picture header for me and that's all I do.
    Yours always looks so nice and professional.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sure you will have plenty of time to do some birding. Nice look for St Patty.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks good after all your work!
    Those are quite the waves, what a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like how your March look for your blog turned out ( after all the hard work). I admire pretty blogs but have no ability or courage to change anything. I just leave well enough alone.
    I wasn't sure what that colourful thing was until I read some comments and learned it was a turtle. Wow. It is colourful.
    94 hours of gloom. Sounds like winter in B.C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was the first blue sky in days!

      Delete
  23. I don't dare to mess with backgrounds and such on Blogger. Your background turned out great and green too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's the arty side of you that always makes your backgrounds and headers beautiful. For me - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I just take the easy way out here, plus I have no capability for HTML at all. LOVE the clovers today! AND...SEVEN years of awesomeness and you have earned it. We all enjoy your efforts to stay healthy and the benefits are also ours. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I love the shamrock background. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is hard to believe it has been 7 yrs since your 'event.' But is is going to be 6 since Roger's. Time sure flies.

    I like the look of your blog now and I love not having the header drop down every time my cursor gets near it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anni--in my post today on Time Stand Still, or Sarah and the dog...did you notice below his eye is a heart?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am impressed with your determination to stick at it Anni. I do like your new design. Photos are fun as always, thank you and Happy Weekend to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents