A few asked in my recent comment section to share a photo of the new kitchen faucet. Why? I dunno. But since inquiring minds wanna know, here it is...


The brand is a Mohen [is that how it's spelled?]

I took a short drive to Packery Channel to see what the traffic was like. Not bad. Saw a very pretty sunrise over the causeway. But, I didn't stay away from home long as I had a promise to keep at home...

Then, I was out helping Bud trim all the crepe myrtle bushes in our front yard to get rid of the seed pods from last Fall. So, I took my cellphone and snapped a couple of photos of some bushes that are blooming now in our yard. So many [mainly the hibiscus] got frozen again this winter...two years in a row. And they were just coming out of the shock this past autumn, froze again, and I don't know if they'll come back. My hybrid hibiscus [the mini blossom, varigated leaves] has a lot of new spring growth. For which I am very happy. And the Tombstone Rose [Lady Banks] is beginning to bloom profusely...I'll get a photo of that too in a bit. For now, two I share...the gardenia's first blossom for the season, and the plant called "Mexican Fire Bush"...


My newest book to read is a twist on the assassination of the Lincoln conspiracy; a subject that has held my interest for decades. The author claims to be a distant relative of JWB, and he is proposing that perhaps John Wilkes Booth was NOT the one captured outside of Washington D C, but an accomplice. And that Booth lived under an assumed name. I am interested in how this comes about, the author's facts, the perhaps new evidence that could possibly be feasible. I doubt it, but I guess anything is possible. Especially if you consider today's times and how our government "covers up" many events to appease the American people. I will tell you want I think when I finish the book. Truth or "Fake News"?

To make a long story, short, for weeks I've been looking for Isaiah's favorite toy. The "tail" has long been chewed off and thrown away, but the ears still remain. He has played with this from day one when we brought him home after adopting him. But it disappeared. For good, I thought. Then, dusting the venitian blinds behind the entertainment center...there it was!! Trust me it's as small as it looks! Perhaps an inch and a half...two inches tops. I was pleased to find it, but not as much as El Diablo [aka Isaiah].


After quite a bit of yard work and picking up around the house, indoors, I was ready for a nice hot shower and a quiet evening with TV on and watching a new FBI on CBS. But first, hot BBQ pork sandwiches, home made potato salad, tossed salad and carrot cake for desert. By now, all clean and spiffy and ready for an hour or two of reading after watching TV, I will don my sleep shirt...

I don't give a rat's A$$
It's just how I feel these days.

59 comments:

  1. LOL, love that shirt. I have the same type of kitchen faucet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost smell your gardenia. Love love love that beautiful fragrance♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not fond of the fragrance when it's in full bloom. Quite suffocating, actually

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Love the Gardenia and the Mexican Fire bush, pretty blooms. Your sleep shirt is cute.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the reason we all asked to see it is because you said it was big and awkward or something like that. this is what i have but different handles. El Diablo has to be over the moon that his toy has reappeared. I want the shirt or one like it I want that saying and it is exactky how i feel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. comment part 2.. forgot to say your beautiful flowers make me sad. we have not one single flower on our entire property. we always had at least half a dozen different plants blooming year round. our 5 hibiscus trees died, we have one left but it is not healthy, we are still waiting for rain, we had 1 inche 3 times in 8 days but that is not enough... I miss the flowers

      Delete
    2. It is big and awkward compared to the "before".

      Delete
    3. The lack of flowers in our 'tropics' is just unheard of.

      Delete
  5. Cats do love their particular toys! I'm glad you found Isaiah's! Love the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A productive day with helping Bud and capturing the splendid photos! The sunrise is a beautiful contrast to the news coming out of Texas. Glad that you are OK. Those floral blossoms are a sight for sore eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the storms didn't come this far south. (This time)

      Delete
  7. OMCs Isiah must have hidden the mouse very well. Glad you found it because I know how much the felines value their toys that are covered in the scent of petrified kitty slobber.
    I LOVE THE Tshirt. Our daughter gave her Dad one years ago that read:
    "I fought the lawn and the lawn won"
    Hugs Cecilia
    PS that is a very handsome faucet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, I love the look of your new faucet! VERY nice choice!

    The sunrise you caught over the causeway is stunning!

    And speaking of gardenia's, the house that I lived behind when I was still living in Orlando, Florida, had gardenia bushes all over the front and back of her home. So, when they began to blossom, I could literally smell the aroma of fresh gardenia in my apartment. It was so lovely!

    Sounds like a very intesting book! And how true, "especially if you conside today's times and how our government "covers up" SO many events!"

    Have an awesome day, my friend!

    P.S. Love your sleep shirt! My sleep shirt is themed in MINONS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to have a kitchen faucet just like that. I already have an old Moen but not that style. I'll bet Isaiah is happy to have his toy found. A dear friend who is building their homestead found some Double Daffodils on the property in VA and mailed me 5 little sprouting bulbs. I planted them with high hopes. Flowers make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes!! I hope those bulbs flourish.

      Delete
  10. Flowers are pretty. My Dad had a very green thumb and had a HUGE Gardenia plant that he moved in and out based on the weather for years. They smell so heavenly. Yippee for finding the toy. You make me tired with all the work inside and out you did. Can I leave you my address, lol. The sleep shirt is hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather be walking outdoors with my camera...preferably on the beach.

      Delete
  11. Nice day, after doing what you wanted to do. Well, mostly. The yard work may not have been fully fun. >,-)

    I always heard that as: "Don't give a horse's ASS." I suppose there are different "Owners" of the ASS. Depending on where you are from.

    Regardless, it's one way of saying... "Go with the flow." "Don't try to change the river, it knows where it is going." "What good does worry do, for anyone or anything?"

    🐇💗🐇

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. No matter how it's said. 🐴

      Delete
  12. Wonder if your could sew a small tracking device inside that toy. It sure is tiny. Interesting book. I have a distant relationship with Dr. Mudd who was imprisoned as part of the assignation. Wonder if he is mentioned? I'll just have to find out.
    Love the t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HaHa on the sleep shirt..my sentiments exactly.
    I'm hoping to find the one glasses lens that fell out of Dave's a few weeks ago...we have torn the house apart and it is no where to be found. I think it accidently ended up in the garbage..maybe its behind the tv like your kitty's.
    Looking forward to hearing more about the book.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read much lately.... hope to catch up this weekend.

      Delete
  14. Thanks for posting your faucet. It is like ours. I like it because I can fit a really big pot underneath it. Your flowers are gorgeous! I have never heard of a tombstone Rose, and would be interested in how it got such a name. Let us know if you believe the book's theory! I bet if he had adequate Secret Service like today,this never would have happened. I guess back then, there was no S.S. though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's scientifically called lady banks. Tombstone AZ has the world's highest/largest bush (tree).

      Delete
  15. That’s a pretty sunrise and your flowers are beautiful! We had a new kitchen faucet put in recently. It wasn’t a Moen but I know it has a good reputation. An interesting theory about Booth. On our trips south we used to stop at a restaurant called Hornes half-way, which was just up the road from the barn Booth was hiding in. The army set the barn on fire, he supposedly died but the man he was with was captured alive. I would be interested in this author’s alternative theory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad Isaiah's toy was found and I love that sleep shirt!

      Delete
    2. I love that shirt... it's comfy.

      Delete
  16. Nice to see the pretty blooms.
    Happy that Isaiah has his toy back.
    The book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha ha....LOVE the t-shirt. I SO need one! It's a saying I use all too often LOL. So glad El Diablo got his treasured mouser back. Isn't funny how they get attached a certain one? My Roo's favorite is a gold glitter ball...He takes it everywhere with him and if he forgets it when he goes to bed, he goes downstairs, gets it, and then comes back up with it. Beautiful blooms....We woke to 3" or so of snow. Sigh. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  18. It really would be too bad if any number of your shrubs didn't make it through the winter. Here it's still too early to tell since very little has actually begun to leaf out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Nice photo of the sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of our plants are zone 9...can't handle freezes.

      Delete
  19. I do hope your flowers have survived the frost.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha-Ha-Ha on the t-shirt. Too funny. That book sounds fascinating. Lincoln has always been one of my interests as well as the JFK assignation. The men were putting up the laid stone wall for the back of the barn on the farm (where I was born and raised in PA0 when a horseman came and told them about Lincoln. They all got on their horses and took off in different directions to tell the other neighbors.

    Love thaf you found the "ear'? We have "mama" at our house who is much the worse for wear now. lol. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome to have such a rich history around your birthplace.

      Delete
  21. Ha! Good shirt.
    We had the same little toys for our cat Oliver when he lived with us. He loved them and lost them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love gardenias. I wish they could grow here, but it's way too dry.

    Thanks for the picture of the faucet. The way you talked about it made me curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have our gardenia. I'll share.

      Delete
  23. I love both blooms! I am glad you found Isaiah's favorite toy. I have wondered if you can believe anything any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...and it makes you wonder how dishonesty runs rampant in government.

      Delete
  24. How nice to discover where that toy went! And I too love that fun t-shirt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, crape myrtles and gardenias! Two beautiful things I wish I could have here in my very own yard. Sadly, NEO doesn't have the climate for such things.

    It's ridiculous how often I find long lost cat toys; almost as ridiculous is where I find them. And it seems that in a matter of days, they are lost once again. You know exactly how that is, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What cool t-shirt, and think I would also be interested in book on JWB. My Great Grandfather was one of guy who took part in the twenty one gun salute.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE THAT SHIRT!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents