At the beginning of the day, I loaded the newly charged battery, and took a practice shot of my bone china cardinals. Then, on this Sunday morning, before sunrise, I went out with my new camera to do some test shots and get the 'feel' of all. There are quite a few new things to learn and different settings to this camera, compared to my old one. It will take a lot more time to find what is comfortable for me behind the shutter button, and being able to get the settings quickly when needed for all the bird action that I may encounter without losing the instant before they fly away!!
So, this post is just an eclectic bunch of button pushing and then making note of the setting I used. All are taken at Pollywog Ponds outside of the city. Two ponds, popular with birders, and very wooded.
So, this post is just an eclectic bunch of button pushing and then making note of the setting I used. All are taken at Pollywog Ponds outside of the city. Two ponds, popular with birders, and very wooded.
...then, I spotted this on the power line! I figured trying out the zoom feature time had come. I stopped, and focused. I tried out the apparatus! Note, the arrow ► And to answer the questions on what kind of camera...nothing special, just a NIKON. A brand I've been using for decades.
Wow, that is quite a zoom!! What size zoom is it? Mine is 60X. yours must be a super zoom like mine. I had been alternating between the Canon and Nikon ones. i love the bottom left in the first collage, of the big tree. i think you had asked me about my post of the Chicory plant. Yes, this is the plant that chicory for coffee is made from. They grind up the roots.
ReplyDeleteHave you ever had chicory "coffee"?
DeleteThat's impressive! What model of Nikon?
ReplyDeleteThanks.
DeleteHoly Moly, that's got quite a zoom on it. You can get up close and personal with that camera.
ReplyDeleteYep. I need that feature for photographing birds.
DeleteAWESOME shots, Anni! Don't ya' just love getting a new camera and getting the feel for how it works - the settings, where the buttons are, and just the overall feel of a new camera?
ReplyDeleteI especially love the photograph of what looks to be an old, abandoned shed, the bridge, and the reflection of the tree in the pond.
The zoom shots are faaaaantastic!
I've had both Nikon's and Canon's. Currently, I have a Canon.
Well done, Anni! Have a terrific Thursday!
Thanks Ron. If I remember correctly, someone told me long ago, the shed was a bird blind.
Deletethe shed and number 10, the trees reflections, are tied for 1st place for my favorites today. one more question, is your camera a DSLR or a crossover. I always do what you are doing with a new camera, push button and note down what happens when I do.. it takes a few thousand photos to get really familiar with a new camera
ReplyDeleteI don't know what a crossover is. I recall in my searching for cameras, the word bridge...is that like a crossover?
DeleteA great medley of photos! I love the reflection of the tree off the water. I am impressed by the incredible zoom range you have with this camera.
ReplyDeleteThat was the "selling point" for me, the zoom.
DeleteWonderful new camera! It is just right for a serious birder like you!
ReplyDeleteYes!!
DeleteThat zoom shot was awesome. Like Djan said, perfect for a birder--and for us the beneficiaries of your wonderful shots.
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks Patti. I'm glad you appreciate my photo shares.
DeleteYour new camera takes beautiful shots and of course, it has lots of help from the person pressing on the picture taking button!
ReplyDelete😊 thanks
DeleteIncredible zoom to get that clear of a shot that far away. I really love the photo of the marsh grasses. It's very serene.
ReplyDeleteNikon cameras seem to be the best on the market. IMHO
DeleteWow! That is a great zoom picture!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful camera, Anni! Of course the talent of the user helps too. ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea
DeleteThat really does have a fantastic zoom! I can only imagine the new shots you will get!
ReplyDeleteI hope so. Once this blasted winter weather ends! 😉
DeleteImpressive zoom! WOW! I really like the shot of the grasses in the water #8. I can hardly wait to see more and know you will progress with unusual and spectacular shots. Carry on and don't forget to show all your moving captures too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ms. G
DeleteLooks like you are going to do great with your new camera. I love the zoom on it!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Alan.
DeleteYou are brave. You actually take the time to learn a new camera. I am stupid. I do not. So am not gonna' get one.
ReplyDeleteBut I don't do REAL photography like you do.
🌸
I love learning new skill with cameras.
DeleteYour photos are really lovely.
ReplyDeleteI must be honest I COVET your Cardinals. LOL
ReplyDeleteMy B has been having a very bad hip for 3 weeks. HE FINALLY called the doc so I had an unexpected MIA this afternoon along with a routine dental this afternoon.
Thankfully no hip surgery it is bursitis and his IT oh his right leg is very very tight to the point he can hardly raise his leg. Anyway PT and anti inflammatory are his new friends
Hugs Cecilia
I imagine it's painful!!
DeleteIf these pictures are an indication of what is to come once you and the camera are comfortable with each other, WOW. These are great.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth
DeleteGreat photographs.
ReplyDeleteNikon do make some brilliant camera's :)
All the best Jan
Yes, Nikon cameras are great.
DeleteHave fun learning all about your new camera.
ReplyDeleteWow that sure is some long range zoom. Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful pictures you will be taking.
ThanksKaren
DeleteI like the random pictures you took especially the ones with reflections in the water.
ReplyDeleteThat close-up of the hawk is amazing. I think you're going to love your new camera.
I will have fun with it, I'm sure.
DeleteMy goodness! That has certainly got a great zoom feature!!
ReplyDeleteYes!!! Great for birding.
DeleteYour new camera takes great photos! I love the zoom on that hawk. I have a Canon but have heard great things about Nikons.
ReplyDeleteI have always had Nikon. But the canon cameras are impressive too.
DeleteWOOHOO! You are the only person from "old blogger days" I have found (so far) still blogging! I'm just going through old memories over on Florida Cracker Crumbs. Keep snapping! <3
ReplyDeleteYep...still blogging, I am.
DeleteThats a good zoom in shot. I haven’t used a camera in so long. I always just use my camera phone. However, nothing compares to a good camera shot.
ReplyDeleteLisa
Phone cameras these days are good too!
DeleteUmmmm, I'm thinking you graduated from practice??? These are fantastic! I guess I am in the majority in loving the tree reflection and shack photos. But, wow on the zoom capability. I really would like to take a photography class some day. I played a bit back in the day of 35mm with a Canon EOS Rebel...but had no clue what I was doing. and my photos reflected that. I have been a bit intrigued by the DSLR ones out...but the learning curve I think will be more than I am up to. Sigh. ~Robin~
ReplyDeleteThere are point & shoot cameras. But a cellphone can do photography justice these days.
DeleteI like your number 7 photo.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
I have a feeling you are going to love it...if these photos are anything to go by.
ReplyDelete😊 Thanks Rose.
DeleteI have an old Nikon D70 and a zoom... nothing like yours but works well for me. Since I don't do much birding anymore, my iPhone takes most of my pics... and it's an old one too (iPhone 6 - think they're on 13 now). But I love your pics! Enjoy your new camera!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
DeleteSuch Rich Photos There Hootin - You Scored For Sure - Enjoy Your Weekend And Keep Capturing Those Moments In Time - Big Hugs
ReplyDeleteCheers
Thanks Travis.
DeleteYou captured some great photos while practicing, and we got the benefit. Thanks Anni! Have fun with your new camera :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise, as always
Delete