
I took a short walk along the bay's coastline in search of a surf scoter [which was reported on the bird site I frequent]. I never found it, and I couldn't stand idle for too long because of the bitter wind blowing! I kept walking. I ventured off the road and down the bank to get closer to the water. I ended up walking along the edge of the bridge that crosses the bay to the Navy base, as far as where I could go before trekking UNDER the bridge to the other side. This, other than bird photos of course, is what I saw. Corpus Christi is called the Sparkling City by the Bay. The 3rd pic in the series below there are two white pelicans. Look closely...



...looking back where I parked, the city skyline in the far distance:

The next day I ventured out in the car to the ranch lands in search of other birds reported. I saw many, and the weather was much warmer...hawks, whimbrels, meadowlarks, starlings, caracara, kestrels, falcons...but the one I was hoping to see I didn't, a diurnal owl [daytime]. When I go birding and armed with my zoom lens, I rarely see what I had in mind to hunt...It's mostly a given to get back home without a particular bird. That's okay tho, it keeps me out moving day after day!! I don't give up that easily.
Today my birth certificate tells me I'm 73!!
I don't feel that old, as you can see...
Law says I must age to a certain degree...
But 73? Wow, goodness gracious...gee!!
Happy Birthday to you
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Anni
Happy Birthday to you.
I hope you enjoy your day.
Isn't that always the way it is. Be prepared and you don't see what you wanted. Leave that camera at home and you probably would have seen two.
It never fails, and toting a camera can get cumbersome!
DeleteHappy Birthday, Anni! Your photos are always gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThank you M& M
DeleteHappy Birthday Anni! Love the views of the bay. I found the White Pelicans.
ReplyDeleteTake care, enjoy your day!
Thanks Eileen!
DeleteMorning, Anni! Just wanted to pop by and wish you a HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
ReplyDeleteAnd remember, you're like a fine wine. You get better with age!
Cheers to you!
STUNNING photographs!
Oh my Ron! A very pleasant surprise to have you stop by on my birthday...
Deletethanks!
Happy birthday, Anni! You are an inspiration when it comes to birding.
ReplyDeleteThanks D J
DeleteHappy Birthday, Anni. May you have many, many more in good health.
ReplyDeleteLove the sea spray photo.
Thank you Nance. I try to get the spray captured...
DeleteIt wasn't much that day.
Beautiful photos Anni and a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you - enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Martha!!
DeleteHappy Birthday Anni. Ahh to be 73 again. So glad you got out in spite of the windchill Loved the sparkling waters and the white pelicans. Hope you have a wonderful day and are properly spoiled with fun, love and good food.
ReplyDeleteAt my age, good food is fun & love! 😉
DeleteHappy Birthday to you,
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you! I am singing with Ann...believe me, you don't want to hear me sing alone!
lol...thanks Rose.
DeleteToday is my granddaughter's birthday, too. Feb 9th is a very good day!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome...hope she had a grand day!
Deletehappy happy happy 73rd. Having reached that milestone a month ago, I can happily report 73 has been good so far. Enjoy your day and EAT CAKE and ICE CREAM
ReplyDeleteYour water photos make me think i'm about to be splashed.
HUGS Cecilia
Did you ever dream of reaching this age? ThanksC
Deletehappy 73rd birthday. welcome to 74th year of your life. I did the math last week and said to bob, this year in sept, i will only be 2 years from my 8th decade and you are already half way through your 9th decade. his answer was thanks for reminding me. Oh Gee is the right words. your city does indeed sparkle
ReplyDeleteBud is older than I am...I feel I'm catching up! Thanks Sandra
Delete73 and still "risking life and limb," climbing around and walking all over!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you!!!!
Keep on trekking! But, perhaps...... A bit more carefully.... -grinnnnnn-
I try to be careful...Thanks for the birthday wishes.
DeleteHappy birthday to you! I love reading about your adventures by the bay, searching for birds of all kinds.
ReplyDeleteThanks Inger!
DeleteHappy Birthday. I am just a few months behind you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth!!
DeleteA splendid outing with great views! I am always soothed by the glistening light off the waters. I wish I had as good of luck as you when it comes to birding. Happy Birthday to you! May it be a fabulous day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Steven.
Delete...I'm the same with sparkling water. And even a babbling stream.
Happy Birthday You Sweet YOUNG thing..(:o)
ReplyDeleteLove your Trek to find the birds.. That's what keeps you young
Keep on , keeping on!!
Terrific photos of the crystal waters and the pelicans.
Sue
Thanks Sue
DeleteAWEsome shots
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO UUUUUUUUU :)
IF i HAD know it was you BDAY , I would have bake ya cake.
hope ya have a awesome day!
Thank you. And a special thanks for the birthday surprise on your blog!!
Deleteglad you liked it, hope you had a good day!
DeleteI did have a good day. Thanks again❤️
DeleteHappy Birthday to you! I hope you spend the day doing everything you enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much.
DeleteOnce I enlarged the picture I saw the Whit Pelicans clearly.
ReplyDeleteHappy 73rd Birthday. I hope your day is going well.
Thanks!!
DeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We are the same age! My birthday is next month and i will be 73... i think. Once I got to 70, it is hard to remember how old I am!! and I think you are in way better health and shape than most at your age! I hope you have a great day, any plans?
ReplyDeleteTwo (four with Cecilia and Ruth) are the ripe ol' age!! lol
DeleteA very Happy Birthday to you Anni.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos.
Aren't you glad you were looking at the city and not in it! :)
Yes...it is a nice skyline, but the only time that is a good time is the wee hours of the morning.
DeleteThanks
Awww.... Happiest of days to you Sweet Anni! I hope it was spent doing what you love and filled with joyful things. ~Robin~
ReplyDeleteThanks Robin.
DeleteFeb. 9th
ReplyDeleteHope you will soon read my now last post.
It is scary!
❓❓❓❓❓❓
I did
DeleteHappy Birthday Anni! Hope you had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mari
Deletehappy belated birthday, youngster. 😊
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean
DeleteHappy *belated* birthday!!! May you enjoy many, many more wonderful years of doing all these fun things you love.
ReplyDeleteVery nice photos, thanks for sharing them!
~Mary
Thanks so much Mary. Your kind words are special.
DeleteHappy Birthday dear sweet Anni!!!! These pictures are absolutely beautiful... God's gift to you for your birthday. Many many more, my friend..... many many more!! Love you~ Andrea xoxoxo PS~ I just saw the profile picture of you, in the black top with your arms crossed. Bad-ass, my dear... totally Bad-ass! Love it!!!! <3
ReplyDeleteProfile pic...."bad ass"...
DeleteGotta love it!!
Thanks for the birthday wishes Andrea
Oops! A one-day-late Birthday greeting to YOU! Just keep on keeping on! Your photos and enthusiasm for outdoor activity is amazing. I wish you many more years of your very interesting projects, creativity and outdoorsy lifestyle.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Ms G
DeleteHappy Birthday Anni! I too am a day late... but hope you had a good one!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!!
DeleteA Very Happy Birthday Anni, so sorry I am one day late. You gave us a wonderful gift too with this narrative and photos, which I always enjoy. It's just like being there with you on these trips. A big thank you from me and I hope your birthday week is wonderful too..
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise...
Deleteso much
Gee your Birthday is three days before mine. Hope it was joyful.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Thanks Dora. Happy birthday on the 12th!
Delete