The two above are the ones that collaberated to get me to change the scene taking place! They are peering through the fireplace glass doors, watching Santa take off safely on his journey...
The other elves are happily taking a break from the strenuous work! By the way, the one with the white beard [2nd one from last], wearing spectacles, is the oldest of old...ancient one. A supervisor; I'm told!! And, it is said, the supervisor hired a Santa look-alike [seen in the first small images below] to keep the mischievousness at bay so the little ones remain hard at work in his absence.
The other elves are happily taking a break from the strenuous work! By the way, the one with the white beard [2nd one from last], wearing spectacles, is the oldest of old...ancient one. A supervisor; I'm told!! And, it is said, the supervisor hired a Santa look-alike [seen in the first small images below] to keep the mischievousness at bay so the little ones remain hard at work in his absence.
After seeing the movie, the Polar Express years ago, I asked Bud to carve me the word "BELIEVE". I then painted and decorated it. It then became a traditional addition to our holidays! Seventeen years now!!
- Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate
Believe in what you feel inside
And give your dreams the wings to fly
You have everything you need
If you just believe!
Josh Groban BELIEVE













I love your elves and the way you have it all set up. That was very smart of the ancient elf to hire the Santa look a like. I hear young elves can get quite mischievous at times.
ReplyDelete...that they can.
DeleteLove your elves and you and Bud did an exceptional job on the Believe carving, Anni. I love it!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy reading your comment M&M
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful collection of Elves. The Believe carving is lovely, great job.
Take care, enjoy your day!
Thanks Eileen
DeleteAnni, this is phenomenal! I LOVE how you have the elves positioned by the fireplace glass doors, peering in! I also LOVE the elf with the ribbon in his mouth. I don't know how you did it, but all the elves look as though they are moving. That's incredible!
ReplyDeleteAnd don't you just love the movie, "Polar Express?" Your "BELIEVE" carving is brilliant.
How talented you are!
Have an awesome Thursday, my friend. And in the words of Andy Williams...."Happy Holiday!"
Happy Holiday to you too sweet Ron! Thanks for always being so positive with your comments...much appreciated.
Deletei love josh and his song believe and have now added the carved believe to the list. your elves are so cute, i like the one reclining and the one with the loooonnng nose best. the two peeking in the fireplace make me smile
ReplyDeleteYou and me both! Gotta love that song.
DeleteVery cute! I love that Believe decoration.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jeanette
DeleteGOLLY! I do LOVE your elves - each and every one! The carving is a wonderful treasure! Fun and inspiring post!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ms. G
DeleteYou and Bud make a good team. Love BELIEVE. You have done an amazing job per usual. I really do like the reclining elf the best though. He is laying there just thinking of stuff to get into.
ReplyDelete...causing trouble. It's their middle name.
DeleteI love it all! Especially that BELIEVE! You and Bud make a great team!
ReplyDelete😊 thanks Linda
DeleteClapping and smiling big time your elves are happy
ReplyDeleteOMCs give Bud a well done on carving Believe and your painting WOW
Hugs Cecilia
Thanks Ms. C!!
DeleteIt is just perfect, and full of magical wonder. It is every bit as great as the window of a big fancy store. You would be a GREAT store window dresser! You have the talent and imagination of an artist, which you are for sure.
ReplyDeleteThanks for such positive feedback Ginny.
DeleteI love elves too! We have one Chirstmas Elf (and a few smaller ones that just come out for xmas) sitting on top our grandfather clock.. He stays there year round. but now I'm thinking maybe he should move over to the fireplace during the holidays to watch for Santa... And I too am a big believer in "Believe!"
ReplyDeleteYou and I...kindred spirits!!
DeleteVERY COOL, EYE 2 LOVE THE ELVES!
ReplyDelete😊🎅😊
Deleteyes I did along time ago , Why?
DeleteIf you are talking about your poem/lyrics, I was just curious. It's GOOD!!
Deleteyes, it was, I did it back around 2010,
Deleteand thank you.
😊
DeleteSo cool...I love all the detail and the story winding through each elf 's actions.
ReplyDeleteBelieve..truly wonderful. I agree with Ginny, you and Bud make an awesome team.
Sue
I like to think so...53+ years of teamwork.
DeleteWow and wow. Super!!
ReplyDeleteVery lovely. I like the Believe sign.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I like it too, since Bud made it.
DeleteI love the elves, I have never seen such a fun collections of elves. How fun!
ReplyDeleteThey ARE fun!
DeleteAnni, if you could please check your email. I sent you a few pictures of a hawk we saw today on our trail trek. I've never seen one with all the feathers on it's legs.
ReplyDeleteI've googled might be a red tail but I'd love your expert opinion.
Hugs Cecilia
Adults have the feathered legs...you are correct. You have an email.
DeleteI like how you take pains to organize your elves just so.
ReplyDelete😊 thanks!!
DeleteOh MY!!! What a magical collection of mischievous merry-makers! (Or, is that merry mischief-makers?? LOL) Each and every one brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart. How I would love to see them all in person...and just take in all their wonderful details. If your display doesn't inspire the viewer to believe, nothing will. Happy December Anni! ~Robin~
ReplyDeleteThanks Robin. And happy December to you too Robin.
DeleteI love them all...your hubby did a good job on Believe and your paint job is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rose
DeleteYour decorations are always so cute! I always enjoy your Believe sign and the elves are so cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mari.
DeleteWhat a beautiful set-up and how everything tells a story! Interesting "fact" about the supervisor hiring a Santa look-alike to keep the little elves on their toes. Such true spirit and energy expressed in these creations. Thanks for sharing Josh. I haven't heard much of him lately.
ReplyDeleteThank you Steven...and yes Josh is the only one who can sing Believe imo.
DeleteWith elves like this, Anni, all the making of the toys this year are in good & capable hands!! I love-love-love this!!!! Brings cheer to my heart even across the miles! ~Andrea xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to read this!!
DeleteNever enough elves!!!!
ReplyDelete🎄✨🎄✨🎄✨🎄✨🎄✨🎄
...it's nice to see you back in blogland! You've been missed.
DeleteThat is a wonderful collection of elves.
ReplyDeleteI like the Believe carving.
Happy Weekend Wishes.
All the best Jan
Thanks again, Jan!
DeleteThe best part is you and Bud work so well together. Andy and I have that too and I don't take it for granted.
ReplyDeleteWe have always been.
DeleteExcellent job on the carving and decorating of 'BELIEVE'!
ReplyDeleteYour collection of elves is very cool.
~Mary
Thanks Mary
Delete