More Magic of the Season...


I don't know how I got two posts published today, but I did! There is another new one that follows this!



Our Elfen Wreath

I now have 17 Christmas themed gnomes. Bud bought me a new one this year...



I didn't take much time this year to bring out all my hundreds of Santas in my collection. But, I did a few! And, the newspaper headline would read: "Anni Bought But ONE in 2021"
Of course, without hesitation, I ALWAYS bring out my oldest. It was a gift from Bud on our FIRST Christmas -this one is the one that started my collection of 50 years plus!


Oldest - - - - - - - - - -- -Newest

58 comments:

  1. The oldest Santa is my favorite. He is gorgeous, and I have never seen Santa in lavender before. I would sure buy him if I saw him in a store. I love your elf wreath, it is both cute and spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well,in real life, his "robe" is wine colored.

      Delete
  2. The oldest one is quite fabulous. I like the outfit on the newest one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your santas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anni, they are both AWESOME! Love the ski/snow poles on the firs one.

    And the second one has such a wonderful warm and vintage feel to it. You've kept it very well because it looks in mint condition.

    Thanks for sharing, my friend. And have a fantastic Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than dust,it is in good shape. Thanks Ron

      Delete
  5. Hello Anni,

    the elves, gnomes and Santas are so cute, pretty decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The elfen wreath is a hoot and I must say that the oldest Santa is the most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a very special Santa!

      Delete
  7. your oldest is a lot like my tall santa, the old fashioned king and they are my favorite, saint nick not Santa clause

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love the oldest! And love that wreath but it is a different kind of love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet tradition. Old Santa is just like I would imagine an old Santa to look. You have a fabulous collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved both for different reasons. Are you positive you only got one new one this year. The year isn't over yet:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now-a-days,the Santa's are becoming redundant.

      Delete
  11. Anni what a beautiful 1st Santa. He has rec'd lots of TLC over the years.
    Well done Bud on starting the tradition.
    I giggled at your comment on my blog
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first one started it all, eh? Go Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Oldest is so beautiful........ He has good taste!

    December can never had toooooo much sparkle and glitter and Joyful Decor! More is always better. It lasts for such a short time.

    No, I am not pushing myself too much. And my husband wanted me to say, he is making sure of this. -smile-

    "Miss B.B."
    🎄🌟🔥🎄🔥🌟🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...
      Can't have enough sparkle.

      Delete
  14. The oldies are still always the best.... kind of like us older folks. :-D I still have a snowman ornament my Dad made in kindergarten. I don't know what it's made out of ... paper mache perhaps? But it's 99 years old... and looks it too!! *haha* It gets a place of honor on the tree each year... front & center. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m stopping by from Ron’s place. I always enjoy seeing people’s Xmas decor. I love your elf wreath, my 4 year old grandson told me yesterday that his elf is a girl. That cracked me up because I never thought about it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl elf...awesome. glad you stopped by!!

      Delete
  16. I love the older ornaments, or handmade ones. I'm old fashioned. ;-) What a collection you must have. ~ Have a lovely Christmas time ~ Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  17. The oldest is beautiful and special because Bud gave it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni, you have an amazing collection. Your first Santa is gorgeous.
    The way you display everything is so perfect...wish I could see all of it in person.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Merry Christmas to both of you! Your home is always so perfect for the Holidays and full of life and fun! Sallie

    ReplyDelete
  20. The elves are my very very favorites, because their little faces look so full of fun and sweetness! Bud sure picked out a fantastic Santa for you all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bud did good 50 years ago! It's beautiful, plus the sentimental value is great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your first Santa from Bud is exquisite Anni...and my favorite. What a treasured gift to bring out each season. I had (have?) a small collection of Clothtique Possible Dreams Santas (from years gone by...not the new ones) and he somewhat reminds me of them. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of this clothtique. Will have to Google!!

      Delete
  23. Your Santas are lovely!! I especially like the oldest one. Imagine, a collection that began 50 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beauty First Santa is! Yay for Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Santas are wonderful. I have a much smaller collection than yours and I'm afraid they've been neglected for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too busy with critter shenanigans to concentrate on Santa's!!

      Delete
  26. Re the gourds in my post...I gave some away, I think I still have two or three...I made birdhouses out of a couple. I cut a hole in them, cleaned out the seeds, and painted them white after they dried. House wrens used each one a couple summers. I did not use a protective coat on them and they deteriorated after two or three years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the next ones you make they will last another season.

      Delete
  27. I do like your Santa's.
    The first one is very special because Bud gave it to you :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous collection. ❤️😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  29. That first Santa clothed in lavender is beautiful. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents