As you know, if you have followed me for the several years I've been blogging, this is my favorite month of the year! I love everything Halloween. Especially collecting witch 'dolls'. I have over 100 now. The past few years I don't even bother to unpack the resin witches stored in boxes...I just get the ones out that are dressed to the nines and show off their outfits. I name them too. Well, mostly. I pin name tags under the dresses so I can remember. This year, the best hag I found I named after my late mother in law!! [Helen Gwendolyn] Yes I did. And Bud doesn't mind. By the way, she is now sitting at the head of the dining room table!! I will show case all the new ones [and some older from years past] plus the lighting I have around the house. And my decorated black pine tree [which I really don't care for all that much...maybe next year I can improve it somehow].
I'll start the month off with my life-sized BEESOM that I made last year. I didn't hang it as I did last year. When it was sitting out in preparation to hang, Isaiah was curious...crept up on it, and when he smelled the cinnamon on the broom's bristles he backed off. Aha! Safe to leave it propped up on the floor. He doesn't like scented brooms. Yay!!
October! Finally!!
As you know, if you have followed me for the several years I've been blogging, this is my favorite month of the year! I love everything Halloween. Especially collecting witch 'dolls'. I have over 100 now. The past few years I don't even bother to unpack the resin witches stored in boxes...I just get the ones out that are dressed to the nines and show off their outfits. I name them too. Well, mostly. I pin name tags under the dresses so I can remember. This year, the best hag I found I named after my late mother in law!! [Helen Gwendolyn] Yes I did. And Bud doesn't mind. By the way, she is now sitting at the head of the dining room table!! I will show case all the new ones [and some older from years past] plus the lighting I have around the house. And my decorated black pine tree [which I really don't care for all that much...maybe next year I can improve it somehow].
I'll start the month off with my life-sized BEESOM that I made last year. I didn't hang it as I did last year. When it was sitting out in preparation to hang, Isaiah was curious...crept up on it, and when he smelled the cinnamon on the broom's bristles he backed off. Aha! Safe to leave it propped up on the floor. He doesn't like scented brooms. Yay!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love that you named a witch after your mother in law.
ReplyDelete...looks just like her.
DeleteYou had me laughing at naming your newest hag after your mother in Law ☺
ReplyDeleteBest part is...this ol' hag has kept silent!!
DeleteI definitely remember your collections! Naming one after your MIL doesn't surprise me. But I bet you love October as it starts bringing in cooler temperatures.
ReplyDeleteYes!! Finally quite a bit cooler and less humidity. Steven, it's wonderful to see you! How is your "new life's adventures" treating you? Well, I hope. Maybe even better than you expected?!!
DeleteI know, Anni, I am soooooooooooooooo excited that October is finally here! I woke up this morning and said to myself, "YES!!!!!"
ReplyDeleteMy favorite month too. In fact, my favorite season. Halloween, Thanksgiving, the food, the scents, the colors!
WOW...I can't believe you have 1oo witch dolls!?! That's incredible!
"This year, the best hag I found I named after my late mother in law!! [Helen Gwendolyn] Yes I did."
HA! That's hilarious! Sounds a lot like my name for my father's mother (who I never liked). I used to refer to her as a "The Italian Kitchen Witch" LOL!
Have a great weekend, Anni! And Happy October!
P.S. love your blog header!
Love the reference to Italian kitchen witch! Thanks Ron.
DeleteI don't name anything after the mil. I refuse to say her name.
ReplyDeleteOctober seems to be a favourite amongst a lot of us of A Certain Age. I think we like the more temperate weather months.
Sounds like me & my MIL!! And the feeling is no doubt mutual way back when.
DeleteHum, I had a WONDERFUL MIL but a lousy husband. Maybe a bad MIL is the price you pay for a great hubby. I'll take your version any day:) Enjoy Helen Gwendolyn's witchy image.
ReplyDeleteBud & MY mother were great buddies too!!
DeleteI have a nephew and his wife who were married in full Halloween costume on October 31, 2003. Well, now all of their four kids celebrate this month with wonderful activities and costumes too. I always look forward to their images each year. Today would be my mother's 107th birthday and she was never considered a hag to any of her family! I look forward to more of your witch photos.
ReplyDeleteOhhhhh, what a fun wedding!!! I wish I could have witnessed the whole ceremony!
DeleteI am so excited to hear that October posts will be sharing some of your witches and your Halloween decor! My favorite month, I think! I love that broom. It truly looks witchy and like an old colonial broom -- "Made in Salem"!!!
ReplyDeleteMade in Salem. That would no doubt be priceless!
DeleteHOORAY for October!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is one big besom!!!! Mine is just a regular size. But I couldn't make mine. I had it made by a lovely company, which make such.
Will your temps comply with the Autumn Vibe? I hope!!!
Yayyyyy Ocotober!
🎃 😊 🏈 😊 🎃
Yay October indeed!!
DeleteAs soon as I saw the title of your blog today, I KNEW it would involve witches! I can't wait to see them! And I had to Google BEESOM, I did not know the word. so I have learned something here as well!
ReplyDeleteIt was just a short few years ago that I learned the term!
DeleteHooray my friend. Happy weekend
ReplyDelete🎃😄🧹🧹😄🎃
DeleteYou made me smile naming a witch after your M I L. Helen Gwendylen is far too pretty a name for a hag! but what do I know,...Halloween is not celebrated so much here in Portugal. although the shops have little Halloween costumes for very young children, few of them go trick or treating. Going back to your latest witch, You showed H. G. respect by placing her at the head of the table, Will she see it I wonder!!
ReplyDeleteMy MIL tried to rule the roost alright!! lol
DeleteMy daughter-in-law loves Halloween also. Unfortunately I'm not a fan. Like black cats, crows, and pumpkins, but not much for all the horror, gore, or scary stuff. And we used to enjoy watching the little ones come by in their costumes, but sometimes we get gangs of 'big kids' banging on the door wanting goodies - not a fan of that! So we've learned to open the doors early for the little ones and shut it down by dark. I feel that school or neighborhood parties were better than letting kids ring stranger's doors these days. But I can see the fun in decorating!
ReplyDeleteI never was a "fan" for trick r treating. Decorating & parties were fun.
DeleteMade me smile that you named the witch after your mother in law.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of Halloween but I do love October. It just might be my favorite month.
Definitely a great month!!
DeleteI know how much you love all things Halloween!
ReplyDelete🎃😄🎃
DeleteWow...100 witches...I can't wait to see them and the names you have given them. I had a great mil so I wouldn't dare name anything with her name.
ReplyDeleteHappy October
Sue
Some people are lucky with in-laws!!
DeleteYes, this is YOUR month for sure. I always think of you and Halloween when October shows up. I look forward to seeing your dolls. :-)
ReplyDelete😄🎃🎃😄
DeleteOctober's here... October's here... time for Anni's halloween decorations. Wheeee!!!!!! One of my favorite times of year. I look forward to your blog especially around the holidays, Anni, especially halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Andrea xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea
DeleteGirl, you are really into Halloween! I love October but Halloween was never my fav holiday. Cant say why. Once years ago I dressed to go to a costume party. My twins wrapped me in torn sheets, and wrapped and wrapped, obviously zombie. Then I couldn't find the address. I was too shy to go into a 7-11 or something (in costume) to ask directions, so I just went back home. LOL how duh! But it was ok. I also scrolled and read your Dia de Las Muertos post. I cannot believe the price of the Barbie dolls. Well, yes I can. But its crazy! I make spirit dolls, and last year I made a Catrina. I usually give my spirit dolls away but for some reason I couldnt part with Catrina just yet. Maybe one day. I have a shape shifter spirit doll...has three faces...waiting to go out as a surprise. I will miss him. I get attached to these spirit dolls. Crazy me.
ReplyDeleteI would really like to see some of your spirit doll creations!
DeleteI meant to ask...is Isaiah a cat? Wondering because I am searching for a way to keep my neighbor's cat (supposed to be leashed) out of my yard. It kills birds. Grrrrrrr Maybe cinnamon along the fence would work.
ReplyDeleteYes, I just read that cinnamon cats do not like. I know Isaiah would claw our furniture and I took ground pepper and rubbed it into the upholstery...he has never touched it since.
DeleteI'm a big fan of Halloween. I also pull out my Halloween things.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
We both enjoy Halloween!!
DeleteI did not know about cats and scents like cinnamon or pepper...I will have to see how these cats react to cinnamon! They would probably prove the opposite...like they chase dogs from our yard. One of these days I am afraid they will meet one they can't chase, though. They don't bother them till they come in the yard, though.
ReplyDeleteI learned the word beesom from you last year, I think.
I think cats can pretty well handle more than we give credit!!
Delete