A Room "With a View"...


For a change of pace, I figured that going through the house a bit, y'all may see a different view of my Halloween at home.  ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK   Let's go through the living room into the kitchen/dining area and then a bit of the library...

...a bit of the main chamber of the living and dead...witches and ghouls, reapers and horror...










Everything's bigger in Texas....including spiders!



Besides the coven of witches, jack-o-lanterns light up the night, and perhaps guide the grim reaper


It's all about atmosphere and the fun of the season probably. I have several areas that have candles aglow. Other spots a string of lights create 'flavor and mood swings'. Such as the candy corn lights around the witches.  I entwined a short grouping of the violet, bloody red, lights atop my witch I painted [and Bud framed] many years ago. I have it propped up along with a 'cult like jigsaw puzzle' and witch dolls on the hearth.   The grim reaper is torn ragged material draped over an iron tomato garden prop with a skull and hat.  Also a DIY'er.   Several flies buzz around all the smell of Halloweens' past. You know, like the rotting flesh type odors? [hehehehe] While witches fly around and light anywhere they choose....   Watch your step, keep your eyes open at all times and ears clear for things that go bump in the night! Step up from the 'sunken' living room into the dining room...
coming next

[Some ask]... Yes, I decorate only indoors these past few years. We used to go 'big' on decorating our home on the exterior, but after getting a lot stolen or vandalized here, we just stopped. The kids in Tucson really looked forward to what Bud would do outdoors. One year, he even wrapped our entire house with webbing and giant spiders! I remember one boy who came to our door and said "My brother and I look forward to each Halloween at your house! We wish you'd keep it up all year 'round". That really made Bud happy. Now, we do Halloween just for the two of us. And share with family in photos and here on my blog of course.


52 comments:

  1. Wow, this is done SO professionally!!! the way you have the lighting is fabulous. and your witch painting is SO good!!! you would be an excellent set designer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O goodness Ginny! Thanks. Your thoughts made my day.

      Delete
  2. You get into Halloween like I get into Christmas! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do Christmas too!! My two favorite seasons thanks M&M

      Delete
  3. your decorations are amazing. I like how you did the lamp shade. you sure do get into the spirit of Halloween. I just hope you don't have the actual scent of rotting flesh wafting through your house. that would just be too overboard :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, y'wonder if I could possibly patent canned rotting flesh in an aerosol spray? 👀😄👀

      Delete
  4. i can't believe i am saying this, but your halloween looks cozy and inviting. i almost said beautiful but the spiders nixed that. great job on decorating. agree with ginny, set designer is what you can do... about the no picutures on calendars. we have so many appointments between bob and me and the vet, i needed bigger boxes to write in. the boxes are too small and it must hang where i can see it so i don't forget the appts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. And your calendar makes sense ..I use an app for that with notifications enabled

      Delete
  5. Anni, do you hear me applauding?

    *thunderous applause*

    This. Is. FAAAAAABULOUS! WOW...I love how all-out you go for Halloween. Every single one of these photos is amazing, but I especially love the lampshade covered in cobwebs with the spider on it. That is genius!

    "It's all about atmosphere and the fun of the season...."

    You're absolutely right, it is. Halloween is all about the atmosphere and the FUN. And you do it exceptionally well!

    And yes, I was going to ask if you also decorated the exterior of your home, so thanks for mentioning that. Years ago (when I was a kid) you didn't have to worry about vandalizing or people stealing, but in today's world? No way. So I don't blame you for no longer doing it.

    Thanks so very much for sharing this post, Anni. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it's a shame these days...kids and adults can enjoy the moody outdoor decorations, but now it's not worth the hours put into it.
      Thanks Ron.

      Delete
  6. WOW, you really do stage a Halloween house to beat all. Love the atmosphere but would be tempted to swat those spiders. It is a shame that there was theft of some of Bud's outdoor efforts. What is wrong with people.? Keep it to yourselves and us inside. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most all the time thru the years it's been for us anyway. Bud and I both live Halloween.

      Delete
  7. Your house is absolutely wonderful, Anni!!! What a treat to be able to see it via these pictures. I couldn't begin to say which witch is my favorite... I love them all... the spiders too!! What a shame you can't decorate outside anymore. Everyone suffers because of the conduct of a few. How sad! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saves us time & money...I have to look at it that way.
      Thanks Andrea.

      Delete
  8. I love it all!!! you are so creative and it IS all so BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...dining room is next post when I get photos lined up.

      Delete
  9. You do go to a lot of work with this. I guess i have gotten lazy and don't even do much decorating for christmas, although i always set up three small trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THREE trees? That is a lot of decorating if you ask me.

      Delete
  10. Outstanding - Its My Favorite Holiday - Also, The Sunrise Post Was Way Cool - Sending Positive Vibes Hoot'n

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Travis! Hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  11. I agree with Sandra and Ginny...you would make a fabulous set designer.
    No wonder the kids used to love to visit your home for Halloween.
    Great spider decorations but a bit unnerving for me...too big...they remind me of the spiders that made their homes in the outhouse in Haiti .. scary when I had to use it. We always slammed the door 2 or 3 times before attempting to enter...I get chills just thinking about it.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not know what to do in Haiti then! These FAKE spiders don't bother me.

      Delete
  12. How simply amazing! And your house has just the right atmosphere for those of us who love to see what others do for halloween. I am an observer, not a player. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being "a player" gives me much pleasure.
      🎃👻🎃

      Delete
  13. Oh WOW!
    This is FABULOUS.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have your own fun, inside!!!!!!!!!!

    Vandals can't take that away from you!!!!

    🍁🎃🍁🍂👻🍂🍁🎃🍁

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do an amazing job of Halloween. My eldest would love it. I'll have to post what she's done so far for a Halloween display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh
      I would L🎃VE
      seeing what she's done.

      Delete
  16. Wow you sure go all out for Halloween. You've done a great job. Sad you live in an area where you can't do outside decorations too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame, sure, but there is a positive here...no clean up. lol

      Delete
  17. Your house could be on one of those Halloween decor tours.... so neat! And definitely better than the haunted houses that are open during the holiday. Thanks for sharing, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes - set designer is right! You have lots of talent, and it really looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You definitely go all out with the decorating, which is quite impressive! You put my friend in Phoenix to shame. His favorite holiday is Halloween as well. There is a local resident that outfits the entire exterior with crawling spiders all over the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some exterior displays are mighty impressive!

      Hope you are doing well Steven.

      Delete
  20. FUN! You certainly are gifted with an eye and the ambition for creations of interesting, colorful and amusing exhibits. These are remarkable, imaginative and enjoyable. Happy Halloween! BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Keeps ya young at heart, and that's good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it ate my comment!!! Short Version in case it didn't: I love your decorations, really wonderful and the lighting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! That is some atmosphere! Honestly I am just blown away by this entire post! Your house may be scary, but it’s beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. There is an open invitation for you to return soon for more!

      Delete
  24. Oh my goodness, great halloween decorations Anni! Lighting is very atmospheric, spooky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. All I can say is WOW! Do you do it exactly the same every year or do.you try to.think of new ways to set it up? I assume you have to at least change it some to.incorporate new items.

    ReplyDelete
  26. um, would you mind if I wait til Christmas before I visit? You have scared the c..r..a..p.. out of me! Seriously, this is all very, very creative and wonderful! And I love, love, love your painted witch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents