I left home before the sun came up. It was 86° in our yard; around 6a.m.!! I had no intentions of walking a whole lot of steps in that heat, but I wanted to be outdoors and get some fresh air and sunshine. The sky above me was cloudless. By the time I drove to the shore on the island, there was a pretty well formed cloud bank on the horizon. My destination was Packery Channel Jetty on North Padre Island, but I pulled a 'no-no' and entered the beach access road first. You are not permitted to park on this particular beach without a beach parking permit....which I don't have. And it's well patrolled. I wanted to just get out of the car along the coastline for a few minutes and get some sunrise photos. I also took my lensball with me as I stepped out of the car.
After I got some quick photos, I again left and drove back to Packery Channel, to walk the jetty...
After I got some quick photos, I again left and drove back to Packery Channel, to walk the jetty...
The sea breeze helped me stay a bit cooler than if I were walking on the jetty trail, and the surf/sand was damp as I bent down after dropping the lensball; waiting for the surf to do "its thing" with my crystal orb...






I have a few more photos along the jetty. I'll post them later. It remained way too hot and humid, so I walked only about a mile/mile and a half before turning around and driving home after a stop at the grocery store. I'm looking forward to late Autumn and early Winter in South Texas.






That's just way too hot that early in the morning. Love those pictures with the lensball.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely hot, but the temp doesn't fluctuate a lot - it's the humidity that builds up to make the "feel like" temp miserable.. 110°+
DeleteYour shots are just gorgeous, Anni, but 86 at 6 am - YIKES! I was ready for autumn before summer started. LOL
ReplyDeleteWe had a cold front move in today!! Only 84° this morning. lol
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI thought it was hot here, but it is only in the 70's here in the morning. It is the humidity feels awful. Your beach and lens ball images are beautiful. Take care, have a great day!
I'd give my two ovaries for 70° in the morning!!
DeleteAnni, your photo captures are GORGEOUS! I especially love the one with the seagull and the 8th one down with the lensball. Stellar shot! You sound a lot like me, I enjoy getting up early (in fact, today I got up at 5:30) because it's nice and quiet, and peaceful.
ReplyDeleteHave an awesome Wednesday, Anni!
P.S. It's hot and humid here as well. UGH!
Thanks Ron & seriously, thanks for your most recent post on Covid!!
DeleteVery cool pictures! I especially love the ones with the lens ball!
ReplyDeleteI like the refraction on lens all photography.
DeleteGlad you dropped the ball! Those shots are spectacular! Every one is a winner...
ReplyDeleteI was hoping you'd enjoy them Ms. G.
DeleteGORGEOUS photos!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou only walked a mile or a mile and a half!!!!!!!! I'm having palpitations, just reading that!!!!!! -grin-
🌼🌻🌼
Early in the morning, I can sometimes catch a break with a sea breeze. Walking isn't the proper term...more like a stroll in the heat.
DeleteSo lovely Anni....Early morning along the water and your lens ball...perfect combo.
ReplyDeleteI wish my eyes opened earlier so I could enjoy the sunrises.
Sue
I'm an early riser. 😄
DeleteGlorious light that radiates from behind the clouds! The clouds look explosive in their forms. Your timing was perfect to capture the passing gull. Hard to believe that it was so hot so early. I love the wave action captured in the lensball.
ReplyDelete..everything is backward in a lens ball. 😊
DeleteYEP AWESOME SHOT'S
ReplyDeletenever heard of a lens ball, that is so cool!!!!!
...now you've seen one! Glad you thought it was cool.
Deletewhat is it. and how do you use it and where can you get one?
DeletePhotography stores...or, I bought mine thru Amazon. They come in different sizes. Some have crystal stands (like mine). Remember, they are heavy!! And your image thru the ball is refracted---upside down...as it should be.
DeleteThank you!
DeleteYou're welcome. Glad I could answer/help.
DeleteYep, this heat is nothing to play around with. We hit 100 at noon. Love that you can get up early enough to not melt and can send us those cool lens ball pics.
ReplyDelete2:20 pm here...97°. You're hotter?!!
DeleteYou managed some lovely shots in the short time you were out there.I too am waiting for fall.
ReplyDelete...a good time of year, Fall is!
DeleteGreat photos using the lens ball. Nice that you could get out at least for a while before the heat drove you indoors.
ReplyDeleteI wish it were longer walks, but I can't be out in the heat much 'cause of heart meds.
DeleteWow! Glad you parked and got some photos. THey are so pretty and a perfect spot for the lensball too.
ReplyDelete😊 thanks Mari
DeleteI love that sunrise! ❤️
ReplyDeleteI especially love the picture of the bird in flight, and the lensball pictures, too. It's supposed to be really hot here for the next couple of days. I don't do well in the heat, that's for sure! I'm glad you know how to take care of yourself, Anni.
ReplyDeleteYes, I feel pity for y'all in the NW. It's not a good thing...especially since most homes don't have A/C.
Deleteall of the sunrise photos just look so peaceful they are magical. I like these of the glass ball better than through the ball, taking photos of the ball from a distance. they are really beautiful
ReplyDeleteBob is up to 53 right now, stayed most of the morning at 38 39. i talked to the cardiolgist and he cut his bp med in half, not sure how that will help and we have done nothing to make it come up. except he did mow the grass and weed wack. my bigest fear is not the surery, but Covid. the nurses were all so upset that they have to be in firing line and she said people scream at them because they must wear a mask. they were all pretty much burnt out and feeling depressed, she told me how bad it is and so much worse than in our news. i said why are we getting surgery. she said all that was schedules is being done but she expects them to shut down and if they do it this week end she will call/
I'd be a nervous wreck by now. They'd be wheeling me into a rubber room so I wouldn't harm myself or anyone in my path.
DeleteValium!!!
Beautiful!! I LOVE the photos Anni!!
ReplyDeleteI hope to visit my uncle and aunt who live in Texas and get to the coast this next year.
Hope when you come to the Texas coast, it's a safe time (and no hurricane threats).
DeleteYour temperatures are so hot compared to ours!
ReplyDeleteI do like your lens-ball photographs.
My good wishes.
All the best Jan
Yep, it's Summer in South Texas...typical temps.
DeleteThanks Jan
Fantastic pictures. Favorite it the sky with the bird flying!!
ReplyDeleteSeveral mentioned that one as a "favorite".
DeleteYour pictures are awesome! And, I love your lens ball.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary
DeleteThe pictures of the sunset and the lensball are really beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGreetings Irma
Thanks Irma
DeleteBeautiful photos of the sunrise. I know you love your lensball, but those are not my favourite this time. The ones without are absolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteWe've had some TX weather here in NEO, and like you, I'm now looking forward to more autumnal weather. This heat and tropical humidity has worn me out.
This weather is getting me down too!!
DeleteLoved all your photos Anni but the lensball shots were unique. Glad you were able to get out before the full heat of the day, and thank you for all these great photos :)
ReplyDeleteAfter 9 a.m. it's torture being outdoors with activity.
DeleteWhat is a lensball, Anni. And is it your crystal orb? Is it just for photographs? Sorry to be so duh. I think summer is taking my mind to the mushfield. Its so freaking hot!
ReplyDeleteYep...the lensball is my "crystal orb".
DeleteHappy weekend my friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks...and same to you.
Delete