Granted, I did NOT go to the movie theater at all in the last year, year and a half. Sad, 'cause I love movies. For virus reasons, we stayed away. As most movies either stopped production or a longer, covid break, took its toll in direction, etc. BUT!! I watched the 93rd Annual Oscar Presentation this past Sunday. Of course, I had no idea what was going on with showcasing actors and their roles, nor the content of the movies nominated.
I must say, tho, I was impressed with the singing the songs of the year at the pre-oscars. It kinda saved a bit of time during the broadcast. And ONE SONG in particular hit me where my heart is! It didn't win the award, but oh my, the lyrics hit home. The words could be meant to be our own country's theme song with what our world, as we know it, has turned into the past few months! It's a poignant piece in all retrospect ---2020-2021....
Please, listen to it as you read the lyrics. See if you may agree it's a song of the times. [Movie: which Bud and I will buy the DVD when released -based on a true account]Hear my voice
Hear my dreams
Let us make a world
In which I believe
Hear my words
Hear my cries
Let me see a change
Through these eyes
You may think
I won't be heard
Still I'll raise this hand
And spread this word
These words of fire
Of hope and desire
And I'll let them free
Hear my voice
Hear my dreams
Let us make a world
In which we believe
In which we believe
Hear my words
Hear my choice
Hear my voice
Celeste and movie poster courtesy of Google Images
excellent song. that's the first time I've heard it.
ReplyDeleteFor me too. I rarely listen to radio these days, so for me it was new.
DeleteJust beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI agree. Powerful words.
DeleteVery Nice Hootin - And The Big Score For Me Was Watching Soul Win Twice After Watching It During My Flight - I Felt So Relevant - Also, Dig That New Banner Photo Of Yours - Stay Strong
ReplyDeleteCheers
We have the SOUL DVD, but haven't watched it yet.
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteThe song is new to me, very pretty. Take care, have a happy day!
Lyrics are so fitting these days
DeleteI agree with you Anni, very powerful!
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteDefinitely it's a song for our times. Beautiful and poignant! I watched the Oscars this past Sunday, had not intended to but our son and daughter-in-law came over and we watched it together. I really enjoyed it. It was different but still very enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteIt was different for me too.
DeleteA wail to be heard and felt.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteThat was a new song to me too. Most often now I stream Sirius or Pandora on my computer. Rarely listen to the radio and HAVE not been to a movie in at least 2 or 3 years.
ReplyDeleteHugs Cecilia
Don't listen too much music lately.
DeleteMe too on not knowing anything about the movies this year and didn't watch the show.
ReplyDeleteSo far can't play the song--having connection problems but the lyrics are truly special.
I've been unconnected for decades!🤪
DeleteHaven't been to a movie in years..tuned into the Oscars just to see what was going on...Didn't know a soul or any of the movies..Good song but we got bored with the slow production and turned it off...Hubby isn't much of a movie guy even in "Normal" times.
ReplyDeleteSue
I once enjoyed movie-going each Friday. We haven't done that ritual in ages.
DeleteThank you for sharing. Very powerful!
ReplyDeleteI agree.
DeleteI have not heard this song; i like it! And I also enjoyed watching the movie trailer along with it. What movie is it from? We only watched a few minutes of the Oscars, because we had not seen any of the movies. I do enjoy watching the fashion critiques the next day, though!
ReplyDeleteThe Trial of Chicago 7
DeleteThat's the first I have heard that song with very apropos words of the time! Thanks for sharing the written lyrics. Many times it's hard to understand the words that are sung.
ReplyDeleteIt can definitely be challenging...lyrics!
DeleteI have not been to a movie in 17 years and only 4 in the last 37. we do watch movies every night on TV and Prime Movies. I have never watched Oscars except for a piece here and there and we recorded this one and about 40 minutes in deleted it. we knew no one and none of the movies. the only actor we know are as old as we are. The words are beautiful as is the video..
ReplyDeleteHollywood is more biased than ever in my opinion.
DeleteA song for our times indeed. I don't watch movies usually. I think I saw one in the past 32 years ("Enchanted April," it's very good but it's old and old-fashioned now I guess).
ReplyDeleteI didn't watch the Oscars and haven't gone to a movie in years. Thank you for the song, it is appropriate. Unfortunately not everyone has the same dream. 😟
ReplyDeleteThat was the movie I thought should have won best picture and I too love the song. I also watched the pre-Oscars and most of the whole show. Just paid $20 to watch Minari and enjoyed it, but not as much as Chicago 7.
ReplyDeleteWhat a voice! Gave me chills.
ReplyDelete