A Busy week, But Time for a Walk....


The two of us have been busy doing more yard work. This week, it's getting rid of the winter killed ferns!!! And we have TONS of them. All along the foundations and in flower beds. The biggest "problem" of it all is we need to get on our hands and knees to cut. We can't use the electric trimmer, because the ferns are growing in amongst roses, bougainvilleas, hibiscus, ---don't wanna chop anything down in error, etc. Each fern has to be trimmed out individually. That's gonna take days!!! But, one morning, early, this week, I went to another area with no spring breakers to walk [I haven't been walking nearly enough to satisfy me, but I just can't and not be here to help with yard work]. I went to the river. I took several pictures of the lakes more than I did of birds this time....




Along the river, I walked along the boardwalk and through the trees sweeping the air with the spanish moss while a gentle breeze blew. It was a beautiful morning. Blue sky, new green spring growth just about everywhere I went -no wildflowers yet, tho...puffy white clouds, birdsong, a squirrel chattering away since I was disturbing his sanctuary, ducks in formation flew overhead while a silent raptor [the caracara] glided through the air thermals on the hunt! A lone kiskadee called out a warning. This photo in the paragraph is not the river, it's a feeder channel that flows into the river at the bank behind the boardwalk.  Did I  mention just how perfect a morning it was?  Silence; yet filled with sounds of Springtime along the river bank and in the woods...




52 comments:

  1. We had a taste of spring time here the last few days but now it's getting cold and taking us back to winter for a while. I'll have to enjoy your spring instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for Spring around here (but I don't care about what follows!). lol

      Delete
  2. How beautiful. Peaceful. You can just feel it through the photos. I love the squirrels! Some people call them "climbing rats" or something similar but I love their tsktsktsk fussing chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Anni. I'm glad you were able to take time to get out for a walk while working in the yard. We have still been doing yard clean up here too, but not dealing with what you are having to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year it's been a LOT of extra cleaning.

      Delete
  4. Anni, you have just described a heavenly scene and adding your beautiful photos takes me along for a stroll...thank you.
    Don't overdo your Spring cleanup instead breath in the beauty~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tiring work, but when done, it'll look nice again.

      Delete
  5. Spring does bring on the chores, inside and out yet we always look forward to it. Glad you were able to get in a walk minus spring breakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear this year the beaches are quiet.

      Delete
  6. If we needed to get on our knees neither one of us can so we would be up the creek without a paddle! At first I thought why not just pull them out of the ground they come up really easy but then I read further and saw if you did that it would yank up the other plants to. Everything does look beautiful and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, some were pulled, while others were cut back.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos! Spring is in the Aire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is always nice, but too quickly the summer heat and humidity returns.

      Delete
  8. I love your spring pictures. Yes, it's here, for sure. Sorry to hear about all the work to get rid of the dead ferns. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little potbelly on that squirrel!

    Cleaning up after winter is just starting to take place here. My herb garden is already full of weeds. I cut back my ferns yesterday. It's no fun, especially when you're not used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often wondered why weeds survive!?!!

      Delete
  10. Your walks are always so pleasant. I am so tired from days of clearing overgrowth, cutting it up and hauling it out front to be picked up by the county. I'll have a lovely piece of property when it is all done. I am so thankful for the help. Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are still waiting and watching to see if things looking dead will come back. Shouldn't have long to wait. 2nd Covid vaccine is this week for DH and myself. Enjoyed your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring seems to be approaching at a slow crawl here. Glad you've started your cleanup and also finding time to get out to peaceful views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather be out walking/birding tho. lol

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you had a chance to get out and that the morning was so glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww - beautiful skies, beautiful birds and cute squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds just about perfect. You love to walk just as much as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pictures together with your descriptions make it sound perfect. Time spent out in nature, just enjoying the sights and sounds can be so refreshing .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being out, alone, soaking up nature's offerings.

      Delete
  17. It seems like there spring every where, but in panhandle of North Idaho.
    Glad you got a walk in.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will always be late winter storms elsewhere, I'm sure.

      Delete
  18. Very beautiful skies, the birds and that cute squirrel are gorgeous!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great weekend yourself, Ella.

      Delete
  19. Hello Anni,

    It is good you were able to take a break from the yard work. Your walk looks wonderful, I love the shot of the Caracara. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pics and what a nice way to spend a walk....

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a perfect, perfect morning walk. The silent sounds are so important to me. Here, they are now interrupted by spring breakers hurrying to the beach, loud music, and an inconsiderate neighbor. Sigh. I walked with you here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds like a perfect morning to me too. I like your description of silence filled with the sounds of spring. That's poetic...
    I'll be putting up a new post later today just filling everyone in on what's happening in our family. thank you so much for your love and concern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the pain, concern, anxieties, a sleepless nights.

      Delete
  23. What a perfect day/walk this sounds like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always is a great place for walking.

      Delete
  24. glad ya got your walk in , I'll be glad when I can start walking again.
    cool pictures.
    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be glad when spring break is over!

      Delete
  25. You Captured My Heart With Walking On The Boardwalk - Keep On Keeping On

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photographic tour along the boardwalk! Being at the lake is so refreshing. Here as well. Glad that you were able to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Thankfully, the yard cleaning will be at a minimum here with perennials emerging from the ground. But we are supposed to get a "short-lived" three-inch snowfall tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year, for us, the yard clean up has doubled!

      Delete

Table of Contents