After our little morning chit chat about cellphones, I patiently waited to have Dollar Tree open at 8 a.m. In fact leaving early on purpose to drive to Flour Bluff to check out the huge private lake for waterfowl. I saw mostly ducks, one tern, and before I left after a photo session, several Sandhill Cranes flew in and I stayed a bit longer.

Then, leaving and heading to the store for the craft supplies needed to make the same as Ann made. But, for a different reason. I found what I needed, purchased them, and got home to begin my making of what I had in mind. Similar to Ann's but, still a bit different.I began by painting the three boxes. While the paint dried, I stained the arrows. Once those dried, I then added the lettering for each tier. "To Be Paid", "ATM", and "To Be Filed". I also added some wood cut-outs on the outside of the arrow pieces...birds, naturally. After all was dried and ready to assemble, that's what I did! The lower box was raised a bit off the table/counter to make the arrow appear to be legs. Then, the top box was glued in place. Then, the center box, centered. And the finished item...


I then took the messy stuff that was in a kitchen drawer; recipts, bank statements, bills, etc. And filled the boxes, cleaning out the drawer for the rest of the junk like bag twisters, scissors, rubber bands, etc. And organized the drawer. Much better. And the tierd boxes are much more convenient now.
Thanks Ann, for the inspiration, AND thanks for the gnome card!!!!
Today I have a birthday...72 years ago, during the blizzard of '48-'49, I was born. The baby of 5 children.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I sure hope you can do something FUN today! Your craft is gorgeous! And the detail on the birds is so fancy! i love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ginny!
DeleteNice organizer and Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jean!
DeleteIt's perfect and I love the colors and I wondered how you would do the letters and I love what you did with the letters to. I mean the words not the letters. It's perfect I love yours and I love Ann and this could be used for just about anything. And who says organization can't be beautiful you and Ann have proved it
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandra!
DeleteI love your organizer. It looks fantastic. The colors you chose look great and those birds on the side are a nice touch.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday. Hope you have a wonderful day
Thanks for inspiring me Ann.
DeleteHappy Birthday Anni 🎂🎈🎁🍰🎉
ReplyDeleteLove the organizer... beautiful!!!
Your photos are so beautiful!!!
You are one very talented lady.
Have a great day birthday girl 👸
Thanks Jan.
DeleteHappy Birthday Anni!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! And I love-love-love your little shelves project there. Ann's craftiness is truly an inspiration, isn't it? You did her proud with this project of your own! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteThank you Andrea.
DeleteHappy Birthday, Anni! You are always so creative. Love your organizer!
ReplyDeleteThanks Molly & mom.
DeleteGreat job on the organizer Anni. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Cheers :)
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Martha.
DeleteHappy birthday, Anni! I am only six years older than you, and a little bit more. I love your organizer, and that you now have a nicely organized drawer as well!
ReplyDeleteThanks D J!
DeleteHappy Birthday, and may you spend your day in peace and joy.
ReplyDeleteThank you Nance
DeleteYour craft project came out VERY nice, handy, useful and pretty! Happy birthday! Have a great one!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ms.G!
DeleteThat was a very clever idea! There are endless possibilities for a small shelves like that!
ReplyDeleteOh and Happy Birthday! May you have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BLIZZARD BABY. Ah to be 72 again. Hope you have a special day and I really love your organizer. Perfect.
ReplyDeleteThanks Patti
DeleteWell Happy Birthday to you..Glad you were born and we are now Blog friends. I hope your day is special and full of good things.
ReplyDeleteLove your organized boxes. Clever and pretty to boot.
Sue
Thanks Sue
DeleteHappy Birthday! I love the organizer you made. You are very crafty!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you! I love the shelf system you created! Very artistic with flair.
ReplyDeleteThanks
DeleteHappy Birthday . I will catch up with you in June, until then you are just that much older.Good work on the craft.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth
DeleteA very Happy Birthday to you Anni 🎈🎂
ReplyDeleteLove how your project turned out.
Thanks Karen
DeleteHappy Happy - Enjoy This Next Trip Around The Sun - Lovely Touch On The Boxes There - Well Done
ReplyDeleteCheers
Thanks
DeleteI do like the organiser you made, thanks for the pictures.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Wishes :)
All the best Jan
Thanks Jan
DeleteHappy Birthday Anni! The world's a better place with you in it. :)
ReplyDeleteI like the organizer!
Thanks Mari
DeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteAnd wonderful, to get things organized!!!! Beyond wonderful!!!!
Again, Happy Birthday, you 'Youngin' you'!!!!! "83" here...
Thanks!
DeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Birthday! You are so creative, love the arrow and the tiered boxes. I like being organized! Take care, enjoy your day!
Thanks Eileen.
DeleteHappy Belated Birthday! I like what you made...
ReplyDeleteThanks Rose!
DeleteThanks
ReplyDelete