This is Suggestive?


So, we watch Jeopardy if we can, each afternoon before the local news comes on. And as usual, several commercials break the game up. Most days, there is at least ONE "Liburty Mutchual" on. I always tend to giggle when the one with the guy in the cellphone costume is broadcast. It just hits my funny bone. One day I had to ask.... 
But let me back up a bit to our morning ritual. I am the first one out of bed most often. By the time Bud gets up, my cellphone 'work' is done. I check my blog feed and visit those that show up. Bud gets up and turns his coffee pot on. While that is brewing, he too checks his cellphone. And then gets his cup of hot coffee. By the way, this first cup doesn't wake him up fully. And, in my estimation, he spends WAY TOO MUCH time perusing the news and media online! At least a good hour. And, god forbid if I interrupt his concentration as he scrolls and scrolls and scrolls!

One morning, recently, the commercial and the guy in the cellphone costume came to me. I said to Bud:

Anni: "I think I should go to Party City and see if they have a cellphone costume for me. Then maybe you will turn me on!"
Waiting for a response and I get nothing.
But I'm relentless, I continue...
Anni: "You could stroke me up and down ever so gently and precise, open me up if you find something of interest."

He's listening I know, but nada.

Anni: "...push some buttons and find where the shortcuts take you."

He then stops a minute, grabs his coffee cup, sips in silence...

Bud: "I could also put you on vibrate!" 
 
I am speechless but for only a second and respond...
Anni: "Plug me in and charge me up!"
 
Gives a whole new meaning to Sam Sung!!
by the way, I copied the commercial screen shot from a google search, and then, super imposed my profile image to replace the "Liburty Mutchual" dude.  No infringement intended.

33 comments:

  1. Well, you are bOTH very witty!! Vibrate indeed!! When you mentioned buying the costume, I thought you really did, and this was a picture of you wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA** Anni, this is priceless!!! I'm going to be grinning all day! :-D ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL, you two are a hoot.
    Glad you got your card. I was wondering how long it would take to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look well in your cell!!! ha ha, RofLmao.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is too funny Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why don't our husbands appreciate us like we deserve?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are more or less creatures of habit? Disrupt that, and everything goes wonky. ADHD

      Delete
  7. I am still LOL!!!
    Hubby and I enjoy that commercial, too.
    That guy does a great job!
    Now you and hubby becareful what buttons you are pushing...you don't want to end up in traction or God forbid get the wrong number!
    Love your photo Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, thanks. And you have me rolling about wrong number!!

      Delete
  8. Haven't seen the commercial--I tend to fast forward so now I will hunt it. Clever way to put yourself in the picture and laughing at your dialogue. Hey, you got his attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I hate commercials, SOME are really good.

      Delete
  9. You crack me up..well done and I love your Hubby's response.
    That's what keeps things lively...
    Cellphone costume...too funny.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ... we need laughter today more than ever.

      Delete
  10. You were definitely full (and ready) with the punchlines! It must have been too early for Bud. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in a roll...until Bud came back with vibrate. I was instantly speechless. (For a sec.)'

      Delete
  11. That's funny.
    I'm always the first one up too. Sometimes Ken is just getting up when I get back home from my walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the quiet time if I'm up first.

      Delete
  12. That was fun! I always get a kick out of that commercial, too. And Bud was right there in the suggestive frame of mind! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. THAT's the way for *Old* People to carry on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And now, every time I see that commercial, I will think of you! Bet all your readers will!!!! -gigggggles-

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were funny enough, then I read Sandra's comment and that was the topper.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents