Photos to Watercolor...


I haven't used the filter app for my photos in ages. And, since it was rainy and gloomy one morning this past week, I played. Really, just to break the boredom. I started off in my software program, Paintshop Pro, making and designing a new picture frame shown here. I added effects, took them off, tried another effect, didn't like it, and did others...finally got the texture [and faint bubbles] to look half way decent and saved it for later use along with framing what I planned to do afterward.After it got light enough to see better while driving, I did go to the grocery store, debating beforehand if I should go out birding and hope to not get too wet. Well, I'm glad I decided against it. The rain started about 11 pm the night before and it came down heavily for quite some time; into the morning hours. Leaving lakes and ponds in the fields. There wouldn't have been too many birds out. Once I got home and put the stuff away in cupboards and refrigerator, I got back on the watercolor filter site and played some more! Here's what I did. Well, I didn't do much but upload the photo I chose and then set the numbers I wanted for the effects and voilá!


These are all my photos from archives...
...first, the bald eagle. Once the watercolor effect was to my liking, I got back into Paintshop Pro and opened my new gold frame just made and framed the eagle; changing the gold to a soft, warm brown.


This one of the snowy egret was taken when the pond was full of duck weed...making it look very Louisiana swamp-like [bayou]. Because of that, I chose to change my gold frame export to a swampy green color after setting the watercolor effect the way I wanted...


I took one of my pencil sketches to the site and manipulated the watercolor effect on it...changed my gold frame to a silver-blue one since it's black and white and the result...


I did several while trying to pass some time during the intermittent storm fronts passing through, but I will share one more. I will post the last of them at a later date...

I put the groceries away, left the cupboard door open [long ago, when he was a kitten] and Isaiah jumped up in it. Very proud of himself. With the framing this time, I chose to use a blue 'wood stain' to offset the cherry wood cupboard with a contrasting color...

58 comments:

  1. What a neat toy. I love the results. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful - every single one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    They are all beautiful images. I love the egret and the kitty. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Enjoy your day too Eileen.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Those are very good and look authentic! I may have to look for that in my photo program. That is very cool!! Love it. Happy New Year, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know this is what I LIVE for!!! i love playing with software and it doesn't matter which one. my favorite today is the second one. they are all beautiful and glad you took the time to play for show and tell... now that i typed that, maybe i should have named my blog Show and Tell, since that is what I do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like doing this kinda thing too, if I sit down & become bored. lol

      Delete
  6. So gorgeous Anni!
    Your stunningly beautiful photography is made even more fantastic by the lovely frames you created.
    Have a lovely Sunday ☕

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all gorgeous, I sure couldn't pick a favorite out of these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat! Kitten in the cupboard os my very favorite. (I only use free apps on the internet but know how much satisfaction one can have when creating this type of artwork.) Carry on.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitten in the cupboard...I like that.

      Delete
  9. You made gorgeous creations! Really, each one is beautiful. Your artist's eye has made them just perfect. Ths is a real gift, as I could never in a million years know which frame and color looks best with each photo. I think the Egret with the green frame is my favorite, it is absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice effects. You chose wisely for each one.

    We're getting non-stop gloom and grey here. We haven't seen the sun in over a week, and it was just a peek. I hauled out my Happy Light so as to counteract the effect and prevent my SAD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like not having sunshine for that long!

      Delete
  11. They are all really eye catching. Had no idea that was a possible effect your could achieve on the computer. LOVED the egret most for total effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much you can do if you set your mind to search online and/or have applications installed.

      Delete
  12. You are very adept at Paintshop Pro. The frames are lovely. I especially love the eagle, of course. Happy New Year Annie. Many birdie blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birdie blessings...I like that very much.

      Delete
  13. Being creative is good for the soul. And so much fun too. You had fun with Paintshop Pro and it's inspiring. I like the color of the kitten frame the best, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That really looks like a fun program, Anni. I too love the cat one the best (of course I would).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You & me both ... Love our kitties.

      Delete
  15. Fun.... On a rainy day... -smile-

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, how I love all of these.
    Get bored more often so I can enjoy your fabulous art.
    Does the app. Paintshop Pro do the watercolor effect also?
    I think I would like to play with that app. Does it cost to use it?
    To answer your question on my blog. the flowers are camillas. They are blooming like mad right now. Such a bright spot on a January day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I clarified it for you earlier.

      Delete
  17. These are so neat! I normally lean towards anything black/white but your Isaiah's stolen my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isaiah, in person, stole my heart ...lol

      Delete
  18. So nice to see the photos in the frames. Looks like fun to play around with it. I just have the app my computer came with so can't do any neat things like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find all kinds online. Some free.

      Delete
  19. These are all wonderful and perfectly framed, too. I love your creative endeavors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Playing with photo apps can be a lot of fun. Your results are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun, and can easily become addictive.

      Delete
  21. Incredible results with the processing! I have a program (PhotoScape) that applies the same "filter", but yours is so dramatic and realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of photo scape...I've had paintshop for years & learned by trial and error to get the effect I want.

      Delete
  22. Your results are very good, I enjoyed seeing them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are all fantastic. Nice that you can color coordinate the frame with the picture too. I tried to pick a favorite but I like them all. I think I'll just give the win to Isaiah since he's so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are great! Makes me want to play in my art program. Have a blessed 2021 ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those are all really nice! I keep seeing advertising for an app on my phone that turns photos into watercolors! I should try it out one day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh how beautiful, Anni!!!! WOW!!!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love them all, but for once the 'swamp' scene still the show for me. I almost feel guilty choosing it over an eagle. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That a group favorite so it seems.

      Delete
  29. Don't see a way to email you so will just say here, thank you for your kind comment on my latest blog post, and yes it's ok that you linked to it. Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have email listed. Thanks, I will link the wonderful image. Much appreciated.

      Delete

Table of Contents