Conversing back and forth with Sue from photowannabe, she was telling me in comments that one of her Santas is 57 years old! That she and her hubby bought it the first year they were married. I said to her: "I'll show you mine if you show me yours"!! Well, to make a long story short, Bud bought me an old world Santa way back in 1968! Our first year of marriage...our first Christmas. I really don't know what you call the finish, but it's like papier mache, but instead of paper, it's more like a light weight canvas. It's really good at collecting dust [which reminds me of Karen's comment: see below]...I use a paint brush to clean it when I bring it out. And bring it out each year, I do!! It's tradition, and the beginning of my having a whole slew of Santas from the last five decades. I buy 'em, Bud may, even my sister has sent me some to add. But this one is special. And not yet 57 but mighty close. This year he's 52!!!
Oh, and Karen from Life is Good, you mentioned in your comment a few days back that I have a lot of collections. Yes, I do. Cobalt glass, ruby glass, china cardinals, Santas, troll dolls, witches, and now elves and gnomes. But the one I collect most is DUST!! [and fat cells]

Oh my, he is GORGEOUS!!! In fact, he is the most beautiful Santa I have ever seen! i love the lavender, it is so rare and unique!!
ReplyDeleteIt's more a wine color...must be the flash that turned his cloak purplish.
DeleteThis Santa must be very special!
ReplyDeleteHis lavender cloak makes him unique!
This Santa is about the same age as me!
Unbelievable, that he "resisted" for so many years !!
As I said to Ginny, it's more a wine color in real life. But, yes...he is special and is treated so.
DeleteHe is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteThanks Molly!
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteIt is a beautiful Santa, he is special. Take care, have a great day and a happy week!
He is very special to me.
DeleteOooh he's a nice one.
ReplyDeleteFor me, he has a certain old world charm.
Delete*haha* Dust and fat cells... and our children won't have to deal with the latter after we're gone. *LOL* I love this beautiful Santa! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteThat's true. But collecting runs in our "jeans"
DeleteI am with you on the dust and fat cells. LOL.. i love this Santa, he is like my big 24 inche Santa. made of the same material you describe. he is 35 years old, give to me by my sons wife, in 1986. he is my treasure. i have tip toe santa that is 55, the same as my oldest son, bought him Christmas of 65 for Davids first Christmas.. my collecion of Santa is only 7 but i think that counts... mine doesn't get to dusty, he has a plastic tote all his own that he lays in all year between cotton pieces.. here is the link to him. you will see why I love him https://snapperone.blogspot.com/2012/12/old-saint-nicolas.html i am enjoying your collections, all of them.
ReplyDeleteHow awesome...I'm glad you added the link...he's beautiful Sandra!
DeleteHe is gorgeous! I collect dust and fat cells too lol!
ReplyDeleteIt's just part of our DNA I think. lol
DeleteHe is definitely a handsome fella. Thank you for sharing this delightful Santa with your admirers (I'm one!). :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks D J
DeleteNot only is he a looker, he came from a pretty neat guy and is a wonderful reminder of that first anniversary. Many reasons to be a keeper.
ReplyDeleteYes indeed
DeleteI think the dust issue is why I stopped decorating so much at Christmas and in general. My house seems to be a haven for it.
ReplyDeleteDust accumulates around here even while I dust.
DeleteOh I love your 52 year old Santa Anni!!! He is very special indeed!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your lovely treasures with us 🎄❄🎅🎁☕
Thank YOU Jan
DeleteHi Anni! F.Y.I....Wayfair has a gnome witch.
ReplyDeleteI have one!
DeleteHaHa...Dust and fat cells...I'm right there with you..HaHa.
ReplyDeleteI love your Old World Santa...more of a Kris Kringle in his wonderful cape.
I love these traditions and do a lot of remembering as I place my "Things" Treasures" on the tree and around the house. Thanks for Showing me Yours...
Sue
You and I are sentimental... kindred spirits.
DeleteWhat a beautiful old Santa. Yes, dust seems to collect on EVERYTHING!!
ReplyDeleteIf I liked to dust, nothing would get dusty. Right?
DeleteOld Kris Kringle is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteLate to the game, but instead of sitting back and waiting for someone to gift me, I may have to search for my own buried treasure (i.e., thrift stores) after Christmas.
I never find any treasures in thrift stores.
DeleteHe is a lovely Santa and very special.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing him with us.
All the best Jan
I truly understand about your treasured Santa and tradition. He is special for sure.
ReplyDeleteHe IS special, for sure.
DeleteHe is a handsome Santa indeed.
ReplyDelete☺
DeleteI love your Father Christmas. He is such a special guy. I am sure if he could talk he would have some stories to tell from over the years.
ReplyDeleteThat he could & would.
DeleteLove That Last Sentence
ReplyDeleteCheers
That is a very beautiful Santa. Glad you have kept him and keep him dust free. Yes, collecting dust is something I do very well. I was just saying today that someone needs to dust the coffee table...and I guess I was talking to myself because I didn't hear any volunteers. LOL. It'll get done when it gets done. CHristmas is coming, and I have better things to do. Take care and enjoy your lovely Santas.
ReplyDeleteI do it but not often enough I suppose. Bud uses it as an ottoman.
Delete62 looks good on him! He's a beautiful Santa!
ReplyDelete52 and counting.
DeleteHe's elegant! Even more so if his cloak is a rich wine color.
ReplyDeleteThanks
DeleteI know quite a few people collect Santa, took a second an google Santa Claus Museum and the first one is in Indiana.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
I didn't realize there WAS such a thing as a museum
DeleteI love him!
ReplyDeleteI am good at collecting dust and fat cells, too.