
I borrowed this idea from fellow blogger, Ms. G, aka nookworm from one of her crafting posts a few weeks ago. Of course, I am not lucky enough to find any maple leaves around here [at least nearby], so I opted for the artificial ones found at Hobby Lobby. I took the liberty of adding a bit of purple and dark blue acrylic paint to the darker leaves to give them a bit more depth, and sprinkle on a bit of 'fairy dust' while the paint was still wet. I then, took a piece of wooden dowel and did the twine thing...the same technique to use to secure witch broom bristles to the broom shaft....used two black tipped straight pins for its feelers and glued on two green [also from straight pins] for its eyes. Altho, I think
her REAL leaf butterfly is much more tastefully and artfully finished, I decided to keep what I made and call it done!!
It is gorgeous!! Hers is beautiful, but I like yours better. It looks more natural.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ginny. Her butterfly was inspirational & pretty.
DeleteI like yours better too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean.
DeleteOkay!!! You really ARE Miss Crafty!!! LOVE this!
ReplyDeleteI used crafty because I love doing tricks in a whole 'nother manner (if you know what I mean. 😁😉😁
DeleteWell good morning Crafty. I love this. I also love when other bloggers inspire us to create
ReplyDeleteFrom one crafty lady to another...thanks. yes, I really like her idea.
DeleteI think it's sunny and I wish I could send you some of the maple leaves that are falling off of our neighbors tree because I could never do this in a million years if I put paint and glitter and stuff on mine it would look like a two-year-old did it and maybe not as good. It's really beautiful
ReplyDeleteI guess I should've driven around to find REAL leaves, but laziness took over & artificial won. Thanks Sandra.
DeleteOur maple trees are stunning right now, especially since the bright red ones have come on.
ReplyDeleteYour craft project is cute, and it would be a fun project for a group to do, too.
Actually it isn't very easy
DeleteThe leaves were identical & really should be "opposite" for a two sides set of wings.
Thank you for sharing your version and it is really pretty! We have more leaves to share! All colors and shapes. Challenge: Now I would like you to find some teasel and create something with it!
ReplyDeleteTease has already been used (dried) on a barbed wire wreath.
DeleteTeasel
DeleteOK! If you found it, dried it and used it without buying some it qualifies! This is very difficult to work with.
DeleteLike WoW - Way Cool - Good On You
ReplyDeleteCheers
Thanks!
DeleteI LOVE it, you really are so crafty Anni!
ReplyDelete:-) Thanks Martha
Delete"Crafty" barely covers your many talents. You have to have oodles of imagination also.
ReplyDeleteRight now I have oodles of noodles on my mind. Gonna cook pasta tonight for dinner. 😉☺😉
DeleteYou're not "Hootin' Anni"... you're "Crafty Anni". Gorgeous!! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea
DeleteWow, very pretty! You are crafty! Take care, enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen!
DeleteHow beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks you two!
DeleteCrafty and so lovely for sure.
ReplyDeleteI used to think up things like this but I guess "Senior-itus" has hit my brain.
Love the ideas but have no push to do them any more..I guess I am turning into an old fuddy duddy.. Sad.. Wow, I sound pathetic...
Sue
You have talents just as we all do. Don't short-change yourself.
Deletethanks so much Anni. I am so glad we are blogging friends too.
DeleteSue
It's true!
DeleteNice job on your project!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen
DeleteWhat a cute idea. THis looks very pretty.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth
DeleteI have tons of maple leaves now, it looks fairly simple.
ReplyDeleteStay Safe and Coffee is on
Most was easy.
DeleteI really like this! Will follow your link to see the other, but don't think I could like anything better than this.
ReplyDeleteAwwww, thanks Rose!
DeleteIt looks beautiful. You are so talented, crafty lady.
ReplyDelete