Nature's Glory...


It's been glorious these past few days.  Much cooler and much drier than this past few months of summer.  Ya, only 3 months of summer, I know, but living in the sub-tropics it seems like an eternity of heat and humidity.  I'm glad to say...it is much improved.  I can breathe, I can walk without sweating the minute I step outside.  I thought I'd share some of the beauty that surrounded me the last few weeks. 



One day, the sun peeking through the clouds as I walked the trail...


I search for anything that has hearts. I was going to save this photo for my birding blog, but since it also has a heart shape in the image, I'd share it with both of my blogs. Do you see it* in the image below? This is a photo of an Inca Dove perched in a tree near a drip fountain in a park about a 20 minute drive from Corpus.






*hint: look top left corner

50 comments:

  1. Awwww... the squirrel made me "Awwwwwwwww!!!!" out loud, Anni! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought the heart was the wing because it does look like half a heart, then I spotted that little tiny heart in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous photos! Love the dove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Inca Dove is my favorite of all the doves here in Texas...they're so pretty with the 'scaly' look and the underside of the wings is bronze.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful shots, especially the sunshining in the clouds. Love the sweet dove as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've said previously, that is my favorite dove.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful pictures, and I saw the heart right away. I love your cloud shots especially. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gorgeous to watch the sky that morning.

      Delete
  6. I must be getting better. I spotted the heart right away. The peaking sun shots were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sky is breath taking! love the little devil, I mean squirrel. we call them the little devils. as in there goes the little devil on the roof, or knocking down fruit.. i saw the heart right away also, a tiny leaf...

    ReplyDelete
  8. we had a two day break in heat/humidty as we are well into 7 months of the hoteest summer i ever rembmeber . we woke to 80 with high humidty this morning, and no relief in sight until Delta makes up her mind, I hope she misses you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 70 here this morning, a cool breeze blowing.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous photos Anni!!!
    In your Inca Dove photo I see a heart between the dove's eye and his beak, too ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than the leaf at the top left? I will have to view it when I can expand it.

      Delete
  10. Happy to hear your weather has improved. Ours has gotten cooler too and makes for lovely walking weather. Thank you for sharing the beauty around you Anni, loved each and every photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long awaited cool-down. Thanks Denise.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the hint..I couldn't find it...Fantastic eye.
    That Dove is so, so beautiful. I'm glad you captured it in such a peaceful pose.
    Things are cooling down here too..and I'm so glad. At least the AC isn't cranking all the time. My wallet is happier.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say how much I loved the sunrise photos. The rays peeking through the clouds are so beautiful.
      Sue

      Delete
    2. A.c. is costly for sure!

      Delete
    3. Ps...the sky beauty was exceptional that day.

      Delete
  12. I did spot the sweet little heart! My favorites are the squirrel and the sun rays. Beautiful post today!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos. Sky is gorgeous, the sun shining through a hole in the cloud!
    Took me a while but yes, I did spot the little heart up in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cloud shots are awesome! they are my favourites, but the other pictures are good too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cloud pictures are amazing, but then so are your others :)
    A fabulous post, and I spotted the heart shape (thanks for the clue).

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like all your photos. The butterfly is wonderful. I am sad that they all seem to be gone from Indiana now. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would have missed the heart, so thanks for pointing it out. I think it's agreat idea to look for them. And those clouds are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to find them in unsuspecting places.

      Delete
  18. I saw the heart with your hint!
    Gorgeous photos today.
    Thanks for identifying the heron for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem...glad I could help. Thanks Mari.

      Delete
  19. Lovely Photos For Sure - Stay Strong

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pictures, especially the sun playing with the clouds!
    The little Halloween cat is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella. Again, welcome back to blogging.

      Delete
  21. Very pretty photos. Nature is a beautiful subject, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Found the heart though I'm not sure I'd have managed without your hint. Beautiful photos of the sky but my favorite is the butterfly. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A perfect week...hipe yours has been a good one too!

      Delete
  23. Thanks for the hint about the heart. I would have missed it as I was focused on the dove! LOL. The sun peeking through the clouds was awesome, and so was the butterfly. All was lovely, and I appreciate your pictures so much. Glad your weather is better, but I hope that new storm steers way clear of you. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is it that tiny leaf?

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents