Sunday Driver!!!


I made it to the  park in Calallen Texas just after sunrise.  It was a beautiful morning...birdsong, mild temperature with a slight breeze, no bugs trying to penetrate my nostrils or ears, no people, quiet, peaceful, and quite a few four legged critters to see as I walked the park's perimeter.  Since I did see many birds and other critters, plus the beauty of the mirror-like river and morning glories on the river bank, I will make this into a two part blog post.  First the sunrise and deer.

Once I climbed the hawk watch platform [above photo], off on the eastern horizon a picture post card perfect symbol of a Sunday...



...shortly after sun-up:



Even before entering the park's gate, two deer were grazing by the roadside and then along the river bank...


52 comments:

  1. The deer are very nice ... and tame!
    They were not afraid!
    Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not too skittish, but I was a long distance away using my zoom lens.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sunrise, love the sweet deer! Take care! Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The morning was perfect. I stopped by your blog earlier, but not sure my comment went thru...will check back later.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful start tot he day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely lovely day...and the deer look very content. Beautiful sunrise. Thank you for sharing your lovely Sunday ride with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for coming with me. There is more to come.

      Delete
  5. Your pictures makes me feel like I am there visiting with you. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a very nice Sunday morning, for sure. The peek-a-boo sun photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunrise in my is my most favorite time of the day! And if you add dear oh my oh my I would love that! What a wonderful Sunday Morning Drive

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet deer pictures. I also love the early morning. Thank you for taking me along with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The early trekker does for sure catch the best Sunrises and critter views!!
    WOW
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to clouds in the sky for sunrise.

      Delete
  10. Thanks, I didn't even have to set my alarm to enjoy. The deer were aware of you but you obviously didn't scare them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Getting up that early really does pay off in more ways than one. Great photos Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the quiet of mornings before it gets busy.

      Delete
  12. Absolutely picture perfect !!
    I'm so glad the weather cooperated and nature blessed you with flora and fauna...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was warm, but better than it has been.

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous sky pictures, and great close ups of the deer. White-tailed, I think. The big deer picture is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. First, I am curious about "a few four legged critters" at the beginning of your story..... then, I found the answer at the last article that are Deer....

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Each of these pictures is wonderful .

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful experience...thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to watch the sunrise - yours is a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  18. The golden sunrise sure is beautiful and what great shots of the deer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most always there are deer in this park.

      Delete
  19. That is a gorgeous sunrise! I love seeing the deer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two creations we should never take for granted but enjoy the treasure given us!

      Delete
  20. Hello :) I think I may have been spammed last night and got 75 hits from your blog, plus many others that I have no idea who they are. I just followed the links back to the blogs that I got inordinate amounts of hits from, so I could contact them and let them know. Did you somehow find my blog and clicked on it 75 times? Now we can't even contact blogger to report a problem like this... I guess this is how it is in the times we are living in...

    Anyway, you have a beautiful blog and art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...I did not do anything like that...I NEVER WOULD DO SUCH A THING.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for replying. I didn't think so. I think somebody is messing with our blogs. I have had several hits from people I don't know last night. So I don't know what's going on, but i appreciate that you responded to me.

      Delete
    3. I have tried contacting google/blogger with tbe issue ...copying your comment text & reported it sending my replies.

      Delete
    4. Oh thank you! How did you do that? You can email me directly at mysticmeandering@gmail.com. Maybe I can contact them as well because I got several other hits from several different people...
      Thanks - Christine

      Delete
    5. I think I just figured out how to send them feedback as well. So I reported it through their feedback system. Maybe if they get feedback from the two of us it will help. Thanks again! Sorry to have bothered you... Hopefully this will get worked out... Christine

      Delete
    6. Every bit helps. They also have a phone contact # (but, with this pandemic, I'm sure their staff is limited

      Delete
  21. What a beautiful time of the day to enjoy the natural world.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, these are great shots of the deer! Love the sunrise shots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Outstanding Photos - Thanx A Million For Sharing - Very Enjoyable

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents