Kung Fu


It took us weeks to finish, compared to only days to finish 'regular' jigsaw puzzles. When it was done, I took a photo. And then, I was more than pleased to rip it to pieces again!! Yay. We now began on a new one, a mermaid. It's gonna be much easier on the nervous system. lol



Each individual piece was like a hologram. Laying on the table, a plant stem could be seen, you'd pick it up and the stem would disappear making this a real lip-biting challenge, not to mention the finish on the pieces made the piece warp easily also. There was ONE PLUS to this type...with the plastic coating there was absolutely no puzzle dust on the felt top of the puzzle table. Only clean-up was picking up the pieces...did I mention that was the best part?  I felt like doing a Kung Fu Panda maneuver on it.

40 comments:

  1. Wow Anni that looks like a real challenge, I need to get my head around that type of puzzle piece! Hope you're safe and well. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog isn't listed in your profile?! Hope you're doing well Jo.

      Delete
  2. Oh man, that looks like a brain buster, Anni! I'm glad you conquered it though! Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, and we conquered. Too many times I was ready to throw it out.

      Delete
  3. I would not be happy with a puzzle that frustrated me. I love working them too much for that. Hats off to you for finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Challenge met...but not in a million years will another one come in our house again.

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure I could have finished it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a while, I was determined to finish it...no matter how long it took.

      Delete
  5. It really is pretty in the finished contacts but I can only imagine how frustrating it had to be when the pieces kept changing. But you both did it and that is a real accomplishment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done, done, done. I coukdn't be mire happy.

      Delete
  6. Hello,

    I am glad you were able to finish this puzzle, I love the panda.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that does look like it was challenging! I am glad you persevered to the end! I often wish I could save the puzzle when it is finished and frame it, but then, where would I put it? I have too much on the wall already! So, I do like you and put the "kung fu" to it and back in the box it goes! Thanks for sharing the fun with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've framed a few
      ...if they go with our walls/themes.

      Delete
  8. Will you pass that puzzle on to anyone? It could be a satisfying "gift."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always donate our puzzles to senior centers.

      Delete
  9. I don’t mind jigsaw puzzles, but that one sounds way above my skill level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't the favorite kind on this household!

      Delete
  10. Think I would gift that to someone I wasn't too fond of. Mercy, what a challenge and congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had some real challenges with my puzzles. I thought of giving up too, but struggled through. Just did a 1000 piece one and it was blow your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You finished it !!
    I don't think I would have had the patience to complete the puzzel that would have made my eyes cross...
    Tearing it apart must have been the best feeling.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've been having puzzle fun with the grandies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun (except for this one)

      Delete
    2. They are fun (except for this one)

      Delete
    3. They are fun (except for this one)

      Delete
  14. Well, you are sure persistent! How many pieces did it have? Are you going to give it to Goodwill?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eek! That panda puzzle is beautiful but hologram pieces? Not too sure it wouldn't stress me out instead of relax me! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was stressful. We were thrilled (and surprised) that we got them to fit. Lol

      Delete
  16. My jigsaw puzzles are for kids because I don't have the patience for over 200 pieces. Even that many is a stretch for me. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the kind my sister does
      Nothing wrong with that.I

      Delete
  17. Congratulations on finishing that BEAR of a puzzle. Okay, that PANDA of a puzzle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear of a puzzle...great play on words D J

      Delete
  18. I think I would have given up way before I ever finished it. It sure is nice though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would several times & threatened to do so.

      Delete
  19. LOL at the image of you doing a Kung Fu Panda move on it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...more than happy to do a karate chop on it.

      Delete

Table of Contents