A Pedicure Not to Forget...


Once I began my walk around the park and yacht club I really enjoyed the gentle sea breeze blowing off the channel. The sun was a bright white hot, so I stepped lively to get done going around the perimeter before I boiled alive. Even tho the morning promised a very high heat index type day again, it is summer in South Texas, so it's to be expected. Once acclimated to heat and humidity, it's not fun...but, you live with it. I always tell myself, it's better than driving on icy, dangerous and slick highways and scooping snow where it remains on the ground for months at a time like when in Colorado all those years with many days and weeks at a time with below freezing.

So, please, do come walk with me.  Keep cool, shade yourself with a large brimmed hat and bring along plenty of water to keep hydrated...


Palm trees line the park's grounds and over the yacht exit/entrance channel.


As I take a view of a corner of the yacht club, I notice small and large privately owned boats going out to sea. 


Some have many aboard while others just one or two.  Sea gulls always are entertaining as they follow the flow of the boats.


Two of six ferry boats transporting vehicles from Port Aransas to Aransas Pass over the Port Ship Channel.


After the ferries dock [on either side, of course] and are securely hooked up, then the cars/trucks can disembark safely.  2nd photo is the U S Coast Guard...always on patrol, and always have the right of way.

With the virus cases still at a high level in our county [over 200 new cases daily], I gave up with going to get my hair cut, a leg wax, and pedicure.  And I figured I might as well do my own pedicure after all these months of no where to go to get it worked on safely...finally, a job well done!




54 comments:

  1. H Ha Ha!! You did a great pedicure if you are gong to star in a science fiction movie! I think my favorite thing is seeing the ferrys. I have never seen an actual real one. What a great walk, and I did not even get hot or sweaty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually, if you look closely, think it's a man's hand!?!!

      Delete
  2. You have me laughing!
    Oh, I love the pictures from your walk! It is hot/humid in Georgia, also. I am looking forward to Autumn! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It can never come fast enough.

      Delete
  3. Fortunately the hairdressers and nails (pedicure) studios are open again!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly went only one time. The expense isn't worth it.

      Delete
  4. Hello,

    Love the view, looks like a great place for a walk. I recently had my hair cut, I do my own nails. Wishing you a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha ... the last photo was a shocker! Seems someone forgot they could do their own grooming without having to go out at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think common sense went out the window these days. Lol

      Delete
  6. OMG the pedicure is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed our walk, and I stayed cool and hydrated. Then I got to the last picture and spewed my coffee all over the laptop! Mercy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I didn't want THAT to happen.

      Delete
  8. Now that was just too funny. Was not expecting that.
    Sure do miss the haircut. I am definitely working on a mullet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut my own recently...and it shows!

      Delete
  9. Someone went to a lot of trouble to add that man's hand to the man's leg and put the fingernails on there and they did a great job because it really looks real. I don't really like the way it looks but I would love to try to do that. I love to do things that change things around. That's what I do in my play time now I have to think about what I might do. Glad you got to get out and you are so so right about boiling while outside. Yesterday at 5 in the afternoon or the monitor said 100° and that was in the shade. And Bob and I both scared together that we have never seen 100° on a thermometer with their own eyes 97 a 98 but not the 100

    ReplyDelete
  10. You live in a beautiful area! That last photo got me. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your weekend after that scary picture.

      Delete
  11. Very nice photos of the water and ferries. I've ridden on them many times when younger, both on foot and in cars and even motorcycle. Never had a pedicure nor a leg wax but head hair is still growing long and fuzzy. I must be deprived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These ferry boats, It's illegal to get out of your vehicle.

      Delete
  12. Ha Ha ha...that is so ugly it's funny! Really crazy! But I do love your boat pictures...that is lovely. Thanks for the laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it brought on some laughs for you today.

      Delete
  13. Now that I am no longer giggling uncontrollably at that last photo... Oh Anni the 3H's are miserable aren't they. We are on a roll with all days mid 90's or higher and horrible heat index. Sunday could be 105 with heat index.
    I hope and pray your C19 cases soon start to decrease. Here in NC we have spikes too.
    hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm anxiously waiting for Fal already.

      Delete
  14. HaHa..snort...I almost spit out my mouthful of coffee when I got to the end of your post...
    GOOD JOB with the Pedicure...HaHa
    It's actually a little bit cooler today...mid 90's...at least we don't have humidity which makes it more tolerable.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've slowly been melting away here!

      Delete
  15. Your photos are lovely. I've been doing my own pedicures but mainly keeping them short with clear polish on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like clear on my fingers...color on my toes.

      Delete
  16. I am happy you had some a lovely walk and I am happy you took us along :) I think of how our ancestors managed when they first settled this country, without air-conditioning, especially those coming from a much colder climate, yikes! It was have been mind-blowing. Good gravy, I laughed out loud at that last photo. Thanks for that Anni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't enjoy the heat either...it used to not bother me if I got up early and was out in it from early on. Not sure I could take that now. I did enjoy the views you shared with us, though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well Mz. Annie, you certainly have some sexy legs! I liked the Coast Guard boat best. My dad was a coastguardsman. Enjoyed the walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sexy legs? Omgoodness, you have me lol

      Delete
  19. That pedicure looks scary. I love the views along your walkk, but that heat and humidity sounds like too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heat is atrociius...but better than snow. ☺

      Delete
  20. Sounds like another great walk even in the heat. I get all that cold and snow to walk in during the winter!! :) I actually like winter!! But that's why I live here and you live there. :)

    Wow that picture of the pedicure is so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aaagh! Way to end a post in a shocking manner! :)
    The rest of your photos are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, the heat is way better than freezing cold.
    I try not to judge but I would find book an appointment for a pedicure STAT if I were you...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'think? You don't like all my hard work? Lol

      Delete
  23. Looks like a busy sea port.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm afraid I like winter better, but it rained this afternoon and cooled things off nicely. I loved the walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked winter as a kid. But, no longer.

      Delete
  25. aww...the last photo makes me scare.....

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are fun!
    I've been doing well with my hair. I'm not going outside the house, anyway, and there is no one to see it!
    Our numbers are down, in Ontario, and Canada. I still don't feel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh yikes! ... I did go for a haircut and pedicure a couple of weeks ago and a dental hygiene cleaning. All very overdue. All three made me so nervous I couldn’t sleep the night before each of the appointments. . Strict Safety protocols were in place at all three places and it’s been two weeks ago or more for all, so I guess I lived. We can’t take anything that used to be routine for granted anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents