I just started a couple days ago on the project, so it's gonna be a slow, tedious, undertaking. The one I made for my mother years ago had only one colored pansy, but I thought to break the monotony, I would make 'em all different until I run out of color combinations, then....repeat as needed. I also will be using up scraps of yarn saved from other projects beside what I purchased the other day. I'd have to check the instructions, but I know there are at least 100 pansies to make before it's complete. That should keep my idle hands busy during this stay at home order. As of this typing my county in Texas has 83 known cases of the virus...no deaths tho. That's a pretty low number considering the population of the area. By the way I did a google search first and, YES, there are green pansies.








Speaking of crocheting. Irene [my daughter] texted me a photo of herself in her new mask. The 'inside' of the mask has a backing of crochet also, to place a filter between the front and back, replaceable filters. Of course with her pig fetish, this is a perfect "fit".

Her mask is so cute! Your pansies are beautiful, I love their intense colors. What will they become?
ReplyDeleteWhen they are done, they will be crocheted together to make an Afghan. Each are 4-5 inches (never measured tho)
DeleteOMG, her mask is awesome. My sons fiance has a thing for pigs too.
ReplyDeleteLove your pansies.
Makes it easy for gift giving...you can always find something with pigs. Lol
DeleteYour pansies are beautiful. I made a pansy doily for my Mom many years ago and she had it on a table in her living room ever after until she died. LOVE your mask! I'm crocheting them, too, but a textured stitch to cover a filter or medical mask. I've taken care of my family and daughter's office (she's in an essential business) and have added them to my shop on line. I've gone back to other projects now. I'm tired of making masks for awhile after about four dozen, but figure we'll need them for at least a year.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that task of making 4 doz. got daunting.
Deletethat mask is adorable, but I am to fat to wear a pig on my face, people might be saying oink onik which has happened to me in the past without a pig on my face.. she is talented just like you. love the pansies. I would love to have one in all of the black and white flowers or the burgundy flowers or the burgundy and black and white together. just in case you want to make another one to give away
ReplyDeleteYou're too hard on yourself...it's what is inside you and your spirit that counts, not what others think! You are loved just the way you are...you have to learn to love yourself
DeleteYour crocheted pansies are really lovely, Anni. And dare I say "Oink" to Irene? :-)
ReplyDeleteShe'll love that you oink...she's obsessed.
DeleteLove your Pansy's...so pretty.
ReplyDeleteLove your daughter's piggy mask 🐷
Hugs
Thanks!
DeleteYour precious pansies will pop on your afghan when finished. How precious this will be! I can't wait to see it finished. Sad note- our PA county (832 sq. mi. land) has 40 virus cases with one death.
ReplyDeleteThat's not bad (it could be worse)...gotta be positive!
Delete*haha* Your daughter's mask is absolutely darling and she looks wonderful in it too. I love your pansies, Anni... can't wait to see the afghan when it's done. What a labor of love! Love, Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea
DeleteCan't wait to see your afghan when it is finished with all those colorful pansies.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter's mask is really clever and so useful with the place for the insert.
She gets her savvy from my genes! ROFL
DeleteThese pansies are very pretty! They will make an incredible afghan. Love your daughter's piggy mask. I was thinking how nice it would be to have a pet pig the other day, and chickens :) I don't think my neighbors would be too happy with me though, lol! I would have to move out to the country and that's not going to happen at this stage having married a city boy :)
ReplyDeleteYa, same here ... if I want chicken or pig, I go to buy a chop or drumstick. Just kidding of course.
DeleteThe pansies are so pretty. Now that mask should generate some comments when used to a store.
ReplyDeleteAs long as the 6 foot rule is followed, don't want 'em too close while she wears her mask.
DeleteI so love those pansies! They are beautiful...LOL at your daughter's piggie mask. that is just too cute.
ReplyDeleteShe came up with a weiner!
DeleteThe pansies are so pretty! You daughter is too - and I love her mask!
ReplyDeleteOh but the pansies are gorgeous!!! The mask is a hoot! I've been knitting face masks ear guards. To date I've knitted 50. Hoping to made 50 more by the end of the weekend! Initially, I was wondering where I would get the buttons as I had more than enough yarn but no buttons. Now I have both as friends have dropped off theirs! What I miss most is saying thank you with a hug! Virtual hugs to you and have a grand weekend!
ReplyDelete50? Wow, you rock Cathy!
Delete