I'd prefer to sketch with lead pencil of all art mediums...I can pick up my sketch pad and carry it with me when I get a notion to draw. Unlike a painting project that remains on the easel and I have to go back and forth to the library [our book room] and work in only the one area. But, I have used acrylic paints for painting once in a while. Here are some that are framed and hanging around the house. I apologize for some that look cropped, for a reason....the glass with the frame shows light reflections [or curtains, etc.] so, I had to stand at an angle to get a better perspective:

A sea turtle

A Wood Duck

A Cardinal

A Hummingbird

A Tri-colored Heron

A Brown Pelican [I've shown this as a header on my blogs before]

A Great Blue Heron
Besides acrylics and pencil, I've experimented in oil, oil pastels [I have a couple I've got ready to share here at a later time], and colored pencil. But, most often I grab my #5 lead pencil and sketch pad and draw.
Feb 9th is my birthday. I won't be blogging
Feb 9th is my birthday. I won't be blogging
they are all beautiful. you are blessed with a true gift as an artist. you inspired me to try to sketch. I have already put away the box of lead pencils and sketchbook I bought. no one will ever see what I did on two tries using the patterns of Big Boy. horirid!!! about the fob for the Kia, nope, that was the frist thing I did, try the other fob. it worked fine. the mystery remains
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandra. I was sure the fob mystery was the answer!
DeleteYour paintings are just as fabulous as your pencil sketches. They are all wonderful but I love the cardinal
ReplyDeleteThe cardinal is one of my favorites too. Thanks Ann.
DeleteHello Anni, you are talented artist. I love all of them but the Cardinal is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for the visit and comment.
Today, you like the cardinal best, and on your blog, I liked YOUR cardinal best. Ironic. Thanks Eileen.
DeleteYou are really talented. The cardinal is my favorite. I love those birds. Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady
ReplyDeleteI also love the cardinal, but the GBH at the end is also wonderful to gaze at. You are one talented artist! :-)
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented! Great work!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love all of these...I could not pick a favorite.
ReplyDeleteI'm amazed at your talents for b/w or color. I love pelicans, therefore your brown buddy is my favorite. I must try to sketch something sometime - or not. The last one I did was of my grandmother and I was age 10. It IS good!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ms G
DeleteSeeing what you create makes me wish I could do just a little. I loved them all but the Wood Duck has always been a goal of mine to see--so far only images. But am also fond of that Pelican. Love the look in his eye..
ReplyDeleteI wish I could see a wood duck! Thanks Patti
DeleteYour talents keep on amazing me.
ReplyDelete:-) thank you kindly Ruth
DeleteOh, that brown pelican!!! I love him! You have a real talent, but it is the hard work that gets these wonderful images on canvas!
ReplyDeleteMary, thanks!
DeleteI am just blown away! The cardinal almost looks like a photo. And such detail in the Wood Duck. My favorites are the Herons and Pelican. To me, your kind of talent is almost mystical. I cannot even draw a proper stick man. I never get tired of seeing your drawings, I just love them!! You even manage to capture the personality!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Ginny.
DeleteHi Anni, nice to see your art again. Love, especially the wood duck and the heron.
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of doing some drawing and painting of birds soon. I have been experimenting with paint on canvases but now my apartment is full of them. I need to start work more on paper so, sketch and watercolor is probably the choice for me. Loved to see yours. :)
Can't wait to see your work! Thanks Monica
DeleteI always enjoy your art! These are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLong time no see Mari. Thanks
DeleteThese are all beautiful fascinating painted bird pictures!!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice Day, Elke
Thanks Elke
DeleteGreat set of painting, I love the Pelican, but they are all excellent. Keep well Diane
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Diane.
DeleteYou had me all goggly eyed with the beautiful Cardinal (NC state bird and IT IS RED) an the hummer.
ReplyDeleteI'm so looking forward to the hummers returning and the Cardinal feathers turning their Spring fire red
Hugs Cecilia
I just KNEW you'd like the red bird! Thanks C
DeleteMy son David loves sketching with a pencil too! You are so talented! I'm very fond your you cardinal painting. It is really gorgeous! Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cathy!
DeleteYour paintings are gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteAcrylic paints are my favorite medium.
Happy Birthday 🎂
Thank you Jan
Delete