Happy Ever Afters...


The Novel by Danielle Teller

A few days ago, I mentioned that I was reading an adult version of the fairy tale, Cinderella. The book was fantastic. At least for me. I really enjoy new twists on classic stories such as this. I can't help it. For an author to take a tale and bend the plot into a more believable venture is beyond fun. And this one takes the entire story, through the point of view of the 'wicked' step mother, Agnes, and her two daughters...eventually becoming a step mother to Cinderella. The pages were turning as fast as I could, 'cause the curiosity never ceased. It was like "What lies ahead now?"  Gotta keep reading...

Questions you may have regarding the novel. Of course, if you ever read other renditions, you may know [I didn't]...

How Cinderella got her name?
Did she have a godmother?
Cinderella's step sisters...were they ugly and jealous as the fairy tale implies?
Just how mean WAS her step mother?
Her slippers? Were they made of glass?
Did Prince Charming actually go throughout the kingdom, searching for who lost the glass slipper? 
Who really was Prince Charming?
Was she a poor girl?
Was there a midnight curfew after the ball?
Last but not least, as the book title suggests...Is there a happy ever after?

Those questions, and so much more are revealed.
To be honest, I never knew much of the story... And, even tho it's fiction, I personally feel that this could be construed to be closer to the truth of its origins [at least the GRIMM fairy tale version] than most would think. I highly recommend this story. Even a little bit of curiosity would suffice to complete the book and, if like me, when the book is completely read, you'd be wishing you'd thought of rewriting the tale and making it so believable. Easy to read. Easy to follow. Well written. All in all, a fun, adult fantasy from an adult's perspective taken from the many stories of the girl, and perhaps like most fables and fairy tales, a pleasing to the "reader's palate" ending.

Many versions, many languages of the story CINDERELLA

19 comments:

  1. Looks like such fun! I do like fairy tales, and fairy tales from other countries too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has some good twists to the story.

      Delete
  2. You have my curiosity piques. I want answers to all those questions :) I'll have to check amazon for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, sounds like a pleasant book. Thanks for the review. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went to my library website and put a hold on the book. I'm first in line so I should get it in a day or so. Thanks, Anni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

      Delete
  5. Will see if my library has it. You have really made me want to know the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checked and they have it. I borrowed the digital form and I will be visiting her tonight. I had just finished the latest Grisham novel and was wondering what to read next. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you so enjoyed this book. I am not a great reader, so only get to a couple of books a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is the same (except for text books online)

      Delete
  8. Added it to my reading list. Thanks for suggestion - sounds like I would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my cats post. My son is 46 and I am approaching 74. My son is a real treasure and one of the first to get into out school system in the 70’s. He is a bright well travelled companion and we share every day .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful reading this about your son.

      Delete
  10. You make this sound like something I might enjoy! Will have to check the library.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents