The one with the spider in her white hair, I made [she has a cone body] The black metal talon is a candle holder [there are two, but only one photographed]


















Dia de los Muertos
[Day of the Dead]
A Mexican Tradition that celebrates the family's love of those that died and remembered! Becoming a very popular tradition in the United States. Tho closely related to Halloween, it isn't a dark, ritualistic celebration. Instead it's for family who have lost loved ones [including animals] and remembering those who left us behind. It's a LOVING tradition. Read the history of Dia de los Muertos [November 1st] from National Geographic.
For my hot chocolate [I don't drink coffee, never have, never will], I found this cute cup of "El Gato" [the cat]...in traditional skull depiction.

...and another critter, this time a dog. A wax warmer:

The last witch is really fancy and spectacular. The one you made looks so professional! How would you even find a witch head? You must have the coolest house in the neighborhood, or maybe in town!
ReplyDeleteI think it was at Michael's a long, long time ago.
DeleteAll your decorations are wonderful. Your witch collection is awesome. How many do you have total?
ReplyDeleteI don't count any more. The last time I counted, ceramic & dolls combined, it was over 100.
DeleteYou've got some great witches. I loved Coco, which is based on Dia de los Muertos. :-)
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed that movie too.
DeleteYour collection is enjoyable for us all! Thanks for sharing. The assembly of your witches and Halloween things is remarkable!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ms. G!
DeleteOh my, what delightful photos. It is indeed that time of the year!! Have a grand weekend!!
ReplyDeleteThanks. HAVE A BEAUTIFUL weekend too.
DeleteHappy 4th day of your Favorite Month Anni.
ReplyDeleteAs always I love your decor
Hugs Cecilia
A fun month for me, indeed.
DeleteI love your collection! No coffee? That cute cup for your hot chocolate is perfect! I’m guessing you don’t drink hot tea either?
ReplyDeleteThe string of fairy lights really sets off your row of beautiful witches!
I love those lights. I have 'em out somewhere in the house all year long.
DeleteWhat a great collection of Halloween decorations. I need to get mine out today. Gotta stop putting it off. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteIt'll be here soon!
DeleteWow, what a great collection! I love the grouping in the top picture. The costumes are awesome!
ReplyDeleteThose gowns and accessories are phenomenal on most of the ladies.
Deletegood job on the spider in the hair. I am impressed you made her. my favorite witch face is number 3, love those lips, and the winner of the MOST WITCHY face is # 9 and most loved is the headless horsemen. you really have a lot of treasures in your collection. I like ALL the glass things.. I do like glass
ReplyDeleteI too like everything glass.
DeleteA few years ago we spent The Day of the Dead in Ecuador and witnessed many joyful family celebrations in the cemeteries there.
ReplyDeleteWe have a festival and celebrations here also. It'd be great to attend on a foreign land & compare.
DeleteWhat an amazing collection you have. I'm impressed you made the one with the spider web hair. Had to smile at El Gato. That is a name my Dad sometimes used in reference to himself. "Don't worry, El Gato will take care of that," he would say. Sure miss him.
ReplyDeleteAll the more for you to observe Day of the Dead...for your dad, El Gato!
Delete