From Mustamg Island to Star Wars....


As I mentioned in my previous post, we got quite a bit of rain. Too bad it was a heavy downpour and over way too quickly....it wasn't much of a good saturation rain that the ground needs so desperately. I stood out on the front porch during the lightning storm and the heavy rain...just listening and enjoying the goodness. The temperature dropped from 93 degrees to 80. Woohoo.


For about 1 hour, it was heavy with lots of thunder and lightning.


The day began with little to no true sunrise on the horizon. I was on the islands about 45 minutes after sunrise, when it finally broke away from the cloud bank!



By this time, I had scouted out the birding area [the one and only place that has a lake---the others in the village are dried up because of the drought]. I saw several birds, enjoyed the young gallinules [moorhens] walking beside me on the walkway, right beside me. Those photos will be shared on my bird photo blog.




Once I was done in this area, I stopped and took photos of wildflowers....



Also, as mentioned in my previous post, I glued the movie jigsaw puzzle to add to my movie themed master bedroom....and framed it. [the photo was purposely taken on an angle since one way it reflected the window blinds and another way it reflected the ceiling fan].  I had to move my "Casablanca" lithograph to another wall, so this new one would fit the larger area [puzzle size 27"x20"].   It's our favorite character from the Star Wars Saga [early films] and wise teacher, Yoda- - -
 “Do. Or do not. There is no try.” 

The Empire Strikes Back
 [I have this quote on a locket hanging from my rear view mirror in the car]


Over six weeks off and on during the heat advisories this past July/August and it now graces my 'theater'.





30 comments:

  1. Love all the wildflowers. Very pretty.
    The puzzle looks great. I've never glued on together. Of course most of the times I did puzzles there was usually a piece missing in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would really irritate me after working on the puzzle to find there was a piece missing!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you got at least a little rain. I'm sitting here listening to the rain on our roof outside. Should be wet this morning here, too. Love your puzzle!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sitting here listening to the roof tiles melt.

      Delete
  3. I son't think we ever got to Mustang island when we visited Mother and Bill. Beautiful photos as always. I can see why the puzzle took so long. Wow Have a grand Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoda looks adorable on your wall, plus you got the fun of working on it. I love the rain drops on the flowers, they look so happy to get watered from above... glad you got a little rain. we are saturated and now on hurricane watch and wait

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your closed bud with sparkling hairs (#3 of the flower shots) is a beautiful image. The purple flower picture has a beachy background, doesn't it? The completed puzzle is quite special. Now to start another?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They use seashells a lot (just like mulch).

      Delete
    2. You DO mean Mustang Island, not Mustamg Island - right?

      Delete
  6. Really a stunning puzzle. But oh my, it must have been SO hard to work!!! It is sure an accomplishment, and needed to be framed and hung! Your wildflower photos are gorgeous, and I know several of them by name. But not the stunning pale pink ones; lilies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't the pink flower. And, yes, the puzzle was difficult.

      Delete
  7. I am working on a huge sunflower puzzle but it may take me the rest of my life! Puzzles are HARD!
    Your photos always amaze me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet with all the yellows would be another difficult puzzle.

      Delete
  8. I can see why that was such a hard puzzle but so worth it. Love the wisdom of Yoda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh such beautiful flowers. It is sad when lakes dry up because of draught. Hopefully you get more of that much needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a cute little sparrow!
    I love the pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink is one of my favorite flower colord.

      Delete
  11. I never heard of an Olive Sparrow and my grandma given name was Olive

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, the flowers are beautiful. Love the pretty sunrise capture. Yoda is my hubby's favorite character. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really made the movies in my opinion.

      Delete
  13. I just love how you are up and it almost every day and always seem to have a project going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...it's good to see you again, Yogi!

      Delete
  14. Don't you love the smell as rain settles the dust! You sure have some great photos here...love so many of them.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents