Ready Set Action...


I've been trying to keep busy with so many things these days, Spring cleaning, birding, helping Bud with yard work, reading, and playing with my new toy I received from Amazon. [and another book ordered]

Let me begin with my new toy...

Many times since we adopted Isaiah as a 3 month old kitten, his antics and play time can be hilarious as well as "awwwww, cute". Mostly hilarious. Then, getting up and grabbing the cell phone to move in closer to him as he plays to get a picture of his actions, he quits doing what he was doing!! I figured, if I had a good zoom on my CELL phone and not having to rely on the 8x auto zoom built in on the phone that blurs the image too much to begin with, I could keep it in my pocket or tote it around a bit easier, and yet, keep my distance so as to not distract him at all. I got online...off to Amazon I went. I found a very inexpensive [$21 before shipping and tax] 20x zoom lens that attaches to the phone. It fits most all smart phones and according to the site, any and all iPhones. Wooohoo. Well, it arrived the other day and I stopped what I was doing, opened the package and experimented.
By the way it comes with a tripod, an owner's manual, the lens, clip to secure the phone and a remote shutter button. You ready for this? The two of us, Bud and I, spent nearly an hour trying to figure out how to open and extend the tripod. The 'idiot sheet" was no good, 'cause it was all about the lens - not the tripod. Hmmmmm, Both of us were afraid we'd break something before I even got a chance to connect it to the phone. Then, as we sat and watched the local news for the evening, I could see Bud's brain in high gear. The wheels were turning. He got up ... went to the box which the lens was shipped in...stayed there for just a minute or two, came to my side by the couch....the tripod was open!!!! Trust me, as the Geico commercial goes, even a CAVEman can do it. Or a toddler!! But, no....not us!!

Anyway, I got it hooked up and Snoop Dogg Catt was watching me from a distance, a bit bored with the whole thing...



I tested the zoom when he started being himself. The pictures are blurry - I didn't have it on the tripod; hand held. I think I'm gonna like it...




Now onto the last of my post for the day.  The books.

THE BEAST'S HEART

I finished reading another novel on the subject of Beauty and the Beast.  This one is published in paperback in February of 2019.  The author is Australian, I believe, and the story is the famous fable of Beauty and the Beast.  This time, the story is told, and unfolded through the eyes and thoughts of the BEAST.  Very well written.  She combines the Disney version AND the original French story.  This love story that is never one I shy away from {I am not one to read romance novels, but Beauty and the Beast and Phantom of the Opera I can read over and over again}.  I just couldn't keep my hands away from it for long.  I wanted to see what lays in store for the reader from one page to another.  You have the sisters from the original, the magic mirror from the movie, tho the teapot and armoire, the candelabra, piano, clock etc. from Disney doesn't exist as characters, yet, the kingdom and his castle is quite magical.  There are the roses and the connection with them and the young daughter, and the father.  For anyone who likes this story....it's a 'must' read.  And safe enough for a young teenager to read.  No adult themes except for the love and happily ever after ending.  SPOILER Oh...and also through the eyes of the Beast, an epilogue enhances their life in the 'ever after'!!!  You'll have to read the book to find out the end of the story's ending.

DEAR GEORGE DEAR MARY
 “Love is said to be an involuntary passion, and it is, therefore, contended that it cannot be resisted.” —George Washington

Other than what was required of me through school, I don't believe I've ever read about George Washington.  This book, is a newly published historical novel.  I haven't opened the pages yet to begin reading, but I do look forward to doing so.  I can only give you a short synopsis of the 'theme'.  From the publisher, Macmillan 
    A novel about heiress Mary Philipse's relationship with George Washington, based on historical accounts, letters, and personal journals by nine-time New York Emmy Award-winning journalist Mary Calvi. >Did unrequited love spark a flame that ignited a cause that became the American Revolution? Never before has this story about George Washington been told. Crafted from hundreds of letters, witness accounts, and journal entries, Dear George, Dear Mary explores George’s relationship with his first love, New York heiress Mary Philipse, the richest belle in Colonial America. From elegant eighteenth-century society to bloody battlefields, the novel creates breathtaking scenes and riveting characters. Dramatic portraits of the two main characters unveil a Washington on the precipice of greatness, using the very words he spoke and wrote, and his ravishing love, whose outward beauty and refinement disguise a complex inner struggle. Dear George, Dear Mary reveals why George Washington had such bitter resentment toward the Brits, established nearly two decades before the American Revolution, and it unveils details of a deception long hidden from the world that led Mary Philipse to be named a traitor, condemned to death and left with nothing. While that may sound like the end, ultimately both Mary and George achieve what they always wanted.


PS....two days in a row now, we've had SUN and warmer temps. Yay.

38 comments:

  1. I love your last two shots of Isiah, and can't wait to see more. Funny about the tripod, glad bud finally solved it. The Beast's Heart looks so good!! I do also love Phantom Of The Opera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to play with a new toy and having such a cute subject to take pictures of makes it even more so. I probably would have had the same problem with the tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, love your cute Isaiah. It seems there are always new toys coming out for us to buy. Enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...that's a good reason to steer away from those technology websites. Too many toys.

      Delete
  4. Have fun with your new toy. Without a tripod, those pictures are great! The first book looks tempting. I'll have to check it out. Thanks, Anni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very delightful and easily read novel.



      Delete
  5. Those kitty (and puppy) pictures are hard to get! :) Beautiful kitty you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun... what a great toy, Anni. And you're a reader too! Cats & books... God outdid Himself when He created both. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books for the most part. Except for romance & sci fi. (Historical novels & biographies are my druthers)

      Delete
  7. yay for your havig sunning days. the zoom works well. I bought one from Amazon, might be the same one, but it did not work on my LG phone. alas I have no Apple anything. if someone wants to start a go fund me for me to get and APPLE anything, I am ready. I do the same thing, Big does something awesome and funny and stops when I get the camera. the long lens outside is what I am using now. in the house the phone doesn't work well in low light. keep playing with your new toy and maybe you can figure out how to zoom your cell through the ball and get a cat in a ball, not a hat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. In my future I sea

      A cat in a ball
      Shouldn't be hard
      ...not at all

      Delete
  8. Oh I like your blog content! I will sign up to know when you post to keep up with your antics. Kitty is so cute. Books look just like ones I want to read too, thanks for the reviews. So you lived in CO. We've been here a year now, and are trying to adjust. It's so different in every way from Maryland and the Chesapeake region. We are near DH's work, so in South Aurora, an up and coming busy are of growth.
    Where did you live? Thanks for reading my words, and saying Milo is a cutie, he is a cute mess! It will be interesting to see how he matures.
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color (my email is on the blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only visited the Chesapeake bay area. Definitely different than the front range of the Rockies!!

      We lived just north of Denver (in the foothills), but got tired of the,long winters & short summers. Retired where winters have no snow.

      Delete
  9. Love your kitty pics of course. But I've got to make this quick...I want to get on the waiting list at my library for the Beast's Heart! I know I would love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I think you'll really like the book. Let me know.

      Delete
  10. Isaiah is truly beautiful with his tabby markings. I really like your book reviews and descriptions. I usually keep the titles on my list, "to read." Our library usually has to order the one I'd like from a larger library and call me when it is available, but sometimes it is well worth the wait -thanks to your recommendation. We don't have a smart phone with a camera so the zoom lens is something I don't need to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni, I wanted to stop back and say thanks for linking up your kitty and post. He is a cutie! enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful images, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful kitty cat and your capture is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little iPhone lens sounds interesting.I may ave to check this out online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and considering, it isn't all that costly.

      Delete
  15. Your little Kitty Cat is one handsome dude. Hope the term dude is ok.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Dude is okay by me. 😁

      Delete
  16. Hello. Interesting post. Your cat is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky you with the Sun... we are still waiting for one full day here!! I must read the Washington book. sounds great. I love historical books.. hope we had the last of the snow this past week.
    wishing you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I posted this blog, I've read a few chapters...gonna be good, I think.

      Delete
  18. Day Light Saving Time arrived, which means one more hour of daylight … Greetings from Alberta, Canada … https://youtu.be/BZFPubstu34 Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had to about laugh out loud about the tripod...been there, done that with other things. I am anxious to hear how you like the zoom lens for you phone...I had not thought of that. I always carry my little Canon P&S in my purse, in addition to my phone. The only thing wrong with it, I cannot set a focus point..well, there are other issues, but it sure does take some good photos and is light weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it'll work well for in-hone pictures.

      Delete

Table of Contents