It was Sunday, the day we turned our clocks forward [which I've disliked from the concept], and the yard was clear, but the sky overcast. The temp was a balmy 70 degrees. I decided to go for a walk in an area I only walk during the Christmas Holidays and Spring Break for college. You see, it's a special jogging trail for the students at Corpus Christi A and M...but it's open to the public. This particular day, when I arrived to begin my 10,000 step count, the morning just began and the trail was still lighted. Since those breaks in classes, I tend to go there these times only being that most students have left for their holiday breaks. And, it's quiet. The trail is paved, lighted, and runs along with the Bay on one side, the dorms and campus on the other side. The entire trail is dotted with lighted gazebos for those that want to sit, relax and enjoy the Bay waters. Besides many shore birds, here's some of what I saw:
The yucca blooming, a view of the bay through one of the gazebos, a partially hidden gazebo, black mangrove along the shore, an open gazebo with a view of the city's peninsula [peninsula not seen in photo], wind vane, student club house with swimming pool, and looking through the lensball, another gazebo overlooking the bay and NAS [naval air station]....





I spent a lot of time off the paved trail, walking along the swampy shore scouting for birds. And using my always present camera a lot.
Once I had totaled my step goal, I left and stopped at Walmart to buy the DVD ...Bohemian Rhapsody and a couple of bathroom fixtures that Bud wanted to repair...a faucet head and a tub stopper. Two very easy fixes. But let's get back to the movie. At times in your life, have you ever missed something you once had, and lost? Like a friend? A family member? A pet? A piece of jewelry? Or perhaps a well -known figure [celebrity]? I know I know the movie was at the theaters long ago, and I convinced myself to not go see it. Why? I LOVED QUEEN. And their music. It was a sad day when Freddy Mercury passed away from Aids. I didn't want to see the movie, 'cause I felt deep in my heart, I would probably leave the theater in tears. I waited. Waited for it to come on DVD. And still, I was reluctant to buy it and watch it. Sunday afternoon, I sat down, and watched it...and bawled just as I thought I would. It's just human nature to feel a loss of such a talent...some may not agree, but I console myself with their music that will continue forever. Once I wiped away the tears, I hafta give this flick 5 stars!! One fantastic movie. I'll keep the tissues by my side to watch it again sometime.
What a beautiful place to get your walking in.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that movie but I would like to. Maybe I'll treat myself to the dvd.
It's a good 'treat'!!
DeleteI love that yucca plant. I remember the first time ours bloomed I almost had a fit of joy... I did not know they got those big blooms and there were 3 of them towering over our roof line. your photos are not doing the slide show thing today. I always go through them that way before reading... a beautiful place to walk.. really like the upside down gazebo...
ReplyDeleteI love the yucca blossoms. And this trail. What I don't care for is the location so close to the dorms.
DeleteHello, it is a pretty place for your walk. The yucca plant is cool, pretty bloom. I have not seen the movie, maybe when it comes on cable. Happy Monday, have a great day and new week ahead!v
ReplyDeleteYou're one of the few who still pays for cable tv? I've read on several places it's becoming a thing of the past.
DeleteI saw that movie at my sister's house, where her son bought it the day it came available. I also missed it in the theaters because I felt the same way you did. And I loved the movie and was thrilled when Rami Malek won and felt the movie should have won, too. :-)
ReplyDeleteI've only seen this one. So, I can't give any opinion on best picture.
DeleteWhat beautiful pictures, Anni! The overcast-ness in them adds a particular beauty, in my view. The sun doesn't always have to shine for our world to be beautiful, does it. Love, Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteTrue!
DeleteAnni you find the most beautiful places to walk. What serenity you must have when you get home. I understand about Queen. I never listened to them but I do have many artists that would bring on similar emotions
ReplyDeleteHugs Cecilia
A lot of friends I have never liked him, but I find today he's even more an artist of his time.
DeleteThat looks like a great trail to walk along and enjoy the scenery.
ReplyDeleteIt is.
DeleteGreat photos of a beautiful place to walk and that Yucca is especially beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mick.
DeleteI have to agree with you about Queen. I have seen the stage show 'We will rock you' three times so couldn't wait to see the film. I thought it was excellent.
ReplyDeleteMe too. It was VERY good. Worthy of watching over & over.
DeleteI hope I have told you before how your writing is as good as your photography skills. I enjoyed reading your words.
ReplyDeleteWorth a Thousand Words
Thanks!
DeleteOh MY, your yucca photo! It is gorgeous! And it somehow makes them look like trees. That is by far my favorite. The next fav being your lensball gazebo, perfect! I have not seen the Queen movie because I think I would not learn anything new about Queen that I don't already know. Am I wrong?
ReplyDeleteThe lead actor did such an incredible job!
DeleteWhat a pretty place to walk. I love your lensball photo today.
ReplyDeleteI think I would like that movie too. Queen had such great music!
I can't say it enough, it WAS a good movie.
DeletePretty place to walk but sure not pretty place to drive in, friend Anni … I do know how many times I drove to and fro work in fog talking to myself: You can do this, you can do this … as for Freddie Murcury, agreed, I miss Tom Petty as well and Gordie from Tragically Hip … Ya … Anyway, much love, cat.
ReplyDeleteIt CAN be a little intimidating, driving.
DeleteWonderful series of photos in a great landscape.
ReplyDeleteI like the world in this glass ball, great !
Warm regards
My contribution
Thanks Jutta.
DeleteBeautiful pics
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteI like the weather vane picture. I'm missing the slide show option, though. You have very pretty fingers and nails to hold the lens ball for the gazebo shot! I would never do that! It is an impressive view!
ReplyDeleteIt's working again, now.
DeleteSo nice to have a place to sit a spell and enjoy the beauty..... lovely as always... :)
ReplyDeleteIt's a nice place ... when students are gone. Lol
ReplyDelete