You Fill Up My Senses...



Annie's Song
You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again


Another morning of dense fog along the coast early Sunday. I couldn't take another day without being outdoors somewhere, walking. So, off I go to Calallen Texas, to one of my favorite parks. I saw many birds, mostly ducks and water fowl, but I thought I'd share a few of the 'blotched' poses of them, plus some of the park grounds...


A cardinal refusing to look directly at me. And no sooner as I clicked the shutter button, he flew off!


A blue-gray gnatcather was flittin' 'round in the bushes; most times a gray blur!


A wren was bathing at the drip pool.

Most of the areas where anyone can park their vehicle was so muddy and filled with wheel ruts and ooey-gooey goo, I decided to just get out and walk the grounds instead of taking a chance of getting stuck...




There will be one consolation prize coming this Spring when the days grow warmer and hopefully dry up a bit....

the wildflowers will be thick as honey!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the Bluebonnets along the highways and byways and in the fields.






In the NEWS

GOOGLE PLUS WILL CLOSE BY APRIL 2019

For those that have a Google Plus account, and perhaps have photos and blog posts published with Google Plus...be advised, they will delete them by April!!!

read article here

A couple of screenshots off my phone:




- - - -




32 comments:

  1. Hello, looks like a nice day for a walk. Love the birds and nature scenes. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and have a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAPPY Monday to you too, Eileen...thanks.

      Delete
  2. That's how I get in the winter being stuck in the house all the time but I don't really have anywhere to escape to. Today should feel like spring since the temps are supposed to be in the 50s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The walls begin to squeeze me ... lol

      Delete
  3. I love the bench sitter and the moss. beautiful. the little gray gnatcatcher is adorable.. I am so glad I never signed up for G plus, it is going to be a mess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also glad I didn't use Google + although I did sign up for it. It was hard to use, so I didn't stay with it. I love your pictures, especially the pretty gray bird. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those birds are difficult to photograph...lol

      Delete
  5. I have NO idea if I ever signed up for Google+ so I'll just wait and see what happens! Neat photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you have never used it...you're okay.

      Delete
  6. I think I like your nest shot the best. It almost look like a Weaver's nest. Can't wait for your wildflower pictures! I remember this song very well. Such a cute little wren picture! I saw a new bird this week, yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a nest too, but not sure. It could be just ball moss.

      Delete
  7. I am looking forward to your wildflower pictures. Cold and drab here :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...at least you had a sunny Sunday.

      Delete
  8. We’ve got good weather back on this part of the Gulf Coast; wishing the same for you soon. I’m grateful you showed your uncooperative cardinal! Makes you seem more human ...you usually have such perfectly beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks & I'm happy to know I'm more human thru your eyes now. 😁

      Delete
  9. I love that song, and had it running through my head as I looked at your beautiful pics. I don't think I have an account with Google plus, but I better check it out. I'd hate to lose pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mari....it's good to see you after your storms & cold snap!

      Delete
  10. It sure look closer to spring weather in your area and then in mine.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's green most of the year here. Unless a drought of course.

      Delete
  11. Finally I am able to comment on blogger..... who knows.... hours later I cleaned out all my cookies closed all my sites such as twitter passwords and logged in using Safari. WHoo hooo. Wonderful when it all works... Great pics as always.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't realize you had computer woes! Glad for you now it's fixed!

      Delete
  12. Helloagain :)

    The 6th photo reminds me of Harry Potter movie..the whipping tree... am glad this ones doesnt moves so that our little feathred friends can built their nest on it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...I guess it does! Happy New year!

      Delete
  13. Oh,I can hardly wait to see all the spring wildflowers, which I am sure you will post.I did sign into Google+ but never really liked how it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to have a place near like this to go walk...where I could see wildlife/birds...and just be out...I cannot wait to see the blue bonnet pictures. And other flowers, too, but I always looked forward to seeing bloggers post the fields of blue bonnets...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello from (frozen) Alberta, Canada. Lovely (warm) blog you have here … Me think me will stay awhile … smiles … Thank you. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents