I try to stay silent and keep my thoughts that are so controversial to myself, but this post is all about my inner self and finally exploding to the point where now, I feel I'm out on the proverbial limb and shouting about the route that mass media is going. And, soon I think a couple of recent issues are gonna backfire and we all will have to deal with it somehow.

Have you ever wondered who started the #MeToo movement? Well, it was Ms. Burke. And it was all 'geared' toward stopping sexual harassment at the work place. Of course, these days, it's all about who's right and who's wrong [politics play a goodly part here] and most times taking away from the initial investment of thought and actions and jumping on the band wagon. It gets very frustrating for me....biased? Sure!! The big hoopla of the confirmation of the Supreme Court hearings are long over....that means, for now at least the women have quieted down a bit with protesting. Think Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill from long ago....that hearing was quite similar in the annals of our country's history. The so called 'movement' is really nothing new. Equal rights, remember? Both in pay and position. I am not against stopping sexual harassment in the work field, nor at home!! But, think about this:
It's NOT just women who suffer!!! A movie, very disturbing but very good, comes to mind. Starring Ed Norton [who is a molested boy by the priest] and Richard Gere as his lawyer....Primal Fear.
Read on:
It's NOT just women who suffer!!! A movie, very disturbing but very good, comes to mind. Starring Ed Norton [who is a molested boy by the priest] and Richard Gere as his lawyer....Primal Fear.
Read on:
The sexual misconduct of the Catholic Church....molest BOYS also!! Shouldn't there then be a #HEtoo movement?!!! Maybe #WEtoo movement. A vast number of people think that the whole of Catholicism should change and allow priests [bishops and cardinals] to marry - in turn the molestation and assaults will end in the church!! My opinion...for the most part it WILL help. But then what about those that are so sexually motivated that it just won't stop?!! Think of all the married couples that molest, murder innocent children? Marriage is not a sure-fire answer. Working with deranged patients and mental health for over a decade before Bud and I retired, I learned so much about this subject.
And, speaking of couples...wake up...it's NOT just MEN who molest and have sex with the under-age. Teachers [woman teachers] are having sex with their students. Strength of mind would work...abstinence is best. But, that's my thought. Social media is also part of the masses these days, and keeping teens or pre-teens from sites about the human natural urges and porn won't help much either. They teach sex at a very early age....in school!!! Oh ya....another thought, what about wives mistreating their husbands? It happens!!! I could go on and on, but I'll shut up on this subject for now.
Another subject that irks me is all this "Think Pink" in the month of October....working on wiping out Breast Cancer. Around our city, most license plates have "Drive Pink" plate frames. I can't help but wonder why MEN don't speak up about this partial work of genius. WHY NOT DRIVE BLUE? Testicle [April awareness month, but you rarely hear of this] cancer and prostate [September] cancer are killers too!!! Men have rights too. Lately, through the media and those that follow like sheep, think, it seems, that woman are gods and should be treated like idols...that all men are evil....not so, it's respecting each other...men and women alike.
Awareness Months

This comic clip brings a whole 'nother meaning to the "#MEtoo".
I could not agree with you more! Here! Here!
ReplyDeleteIt's good to know Linda!
DeleteCouldn't have said it better myself.
ReplyDeleteIt sure makes me feel better that other women feel the same.
Deleterant on, I agree with all you said here and am frankly sick of all of it.. humans of both sexes are doing what they always have, running amuck and doing evil things, the same as it has been since the beginning of time.. I also decided 2 days ago to stop reading the news, the horrors are so bad, I thought why and I reading this. the worse it is the more it shows. I have starting hiding news channels and things on FB and unfollowed all the news channels. I don't want to see it or hear it anymore. I am continuing to watch the weather because I want to KNOW if a monster is coming.
ReplyDeleteAgreed with YOUR comments also, Sandra. Yet, I still tend to read news. And I hear the news in the background when Bud has it on. And, yes! -the weather is important.
DeleteYepper.. spot on and loved your screed.......wake up America...
ReplyDeleteHigh five to me! lol
DeleteI mostly agree with what you are saying. Men do not have a corner on this, and it seems to me like nowadays, there is just more and more evil. For example Anni, when you were growing up, do you remember hearing about serial killers? No! We could all play outside all day long with no fear. But is this because the world was not as evil, or just that there was not as much media to tell us about these things? I fully believe the world is getting more and more evil as time goes on, as the bible predicts. And how about giving some props to pancreatic cancer!!!!! So many more people are dying from it now. And there is no preventive test. You do not have any symptoms until it is too late, then you die shortly after. At least with breast cancer, there are mammograms. NOT than I am against the Think Pink stuff! All cancer awareness is good.
ReplyDeleteMy parents were always up to 'snuff' when it came to murderers etc. And we kids didn't have free reign like most. Altho it had a lot to do with WHERE I grew up. Yes, all cancer awareness is good, but men need to be recognized...not just women issues. I think it's highly unfair.
DeleteI totally agree 100%, Anni. Thanks for being brave enough to post the truth!
ReplyDeleteGood...I'm glad to read all the positives here...in agreement.
DeleteExcellent,
ReplyDeleteWelcome! I'm glad you came to read my rant.
DeleteThanks for the suggestion, Anni...I have tried that several times yesterday but maybe will try again today. I seem to be the only one having a problem this time!
ReplyDeleteWell, I hope it will work...or somehow you can figure out the problem.
DeleteOnly you could say it so well. This is a very thought-provoking post and hopefully will stimulate more action on the truth of your words.
ReplyDeleteI can only WISH people,(men) would stand up for their rights! Thanks Ms. G
Deletehopefully, the movement will success.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day
It never will in my time, but we can work on it.
DeleteVery well said!!! So much of this is political and I think those it hurts most are the people who are actual victims. At this point, I believe accusations less and less, which isn't fair to those who really were abused.
ReplyDeleteI like your think blue thought too!
I don't understand why we don't see 'think blue'.
DeleteNot saying those or anyone movement should be notice. But it seem every time you turn around there hash tag #foreverything.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on
You're so right Dora.
Delete