A little over a week ago, I was coming out of Target [munching on my popcorn], and as I turned a bit to walk along the store fronts of the strip mall, I heard a gentleman talking behind me. He was trying to get my attention. Finally, I turned around, looked at him while he was saying something barely audible by then. He had a single red rose in a clear glass vase with baby's breath and a long stem of green leaves bouquet. As he came closer, he said to me "I hope you will accept this gift from me to you. I do this once a month to put a smile on someone's face and make them happy for a short time!" It was a beautiful gesture. I thanked him, and told him he made my day. He smiled, walked away, and after a few feet, he turned and said to me "Have a Blessed Day"! I said "Thanks again, and same to you!" I got it home without spilling much water from the vase, told Bud it was from a complete stranger who does it for an act of Kindness each month. I am now thinking of Paying it Forward, and doing the same!!! To make someone happy and put a smile on their face would make me feel good inside.------ ----- ------
An updated photo of Isaiah taken October 15, 2018....

------ ----- ------
Over the past weekend, I had some fun playing with my white cake batter! I decided to marblize it with different colors of Halloween. I used red, yellow, blue and green food coloring to mix up purple, orange and green batter. Then, filled cupcake paper cups that were placed in muffin tins. After cooling them when done baking, I frosted them with sugar free vanilla icing and topped each one with a single candy corn....


------ ----- ------
When you live in the state of Texas, you soon come to realize that the residents are a mighty proud group of people!! They love their home. It's evident everywhere. From their sports teams to their flag...all around, car emblems, lawn furniture, there is Texas Pride - Lone Star = gratifying and heart-felt!! Some time ago, while I was at the grocery store to buy some Jimmy Dean Sausage and sourdough English muffins for our Sunday Football Brunch, I spotted "NEW" at the aisle I walked down to get to the meat coolers....I stopped. It was store brand, and I saw "Texas" on the bag. Bud and I both like nachos for lunch, and we haven't had them in years! The store brand bag was a bag of lite corn chips. I picked up a bag, and once in my hand, I inspected the sodium content and sugar content....But, this is what astounded me some. This was carrying the Texas Pride one step beyond my comprehension. But heck, it was a fun meal. Tasted the same as all Dorritos Corn Chips, but in the shape of the ------LONE STAR STATE!!!
------ ----- ------
I think our summer-like temps are finally over for the year!!! And as I type this post for pre-scheduling, there are NO tropical storms nor hurricanes out in the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico. I'm so happy. In fact, after months of scorching 100 degree days and 85 degree nights, on October 14th a cold front moved down into the panhandle of Texas and brought snow with it!! A couple days later that same cold front moved farther south to the coast and dropped our temperature by several degrees 90 on Sunday here and....55 degrees high for the next several days!!! Did I say how happy I was?

While waiting for the green arrow left turn light to change for me, I looked to the left as the sun was beginning to rise from the horizon and saw the "fire storm" colors!!
What a sweet thing to do with those flowers. I imagine it gives him just as much joy as it does the person who gets them.
ReplyDeleteYour cupcakes sure look good.
He was all smiles as I accepted his gift!
DeleteI love the flower giver and the thought to pay it forward. And your cupcakes sure do look good! :-)
ReplyDeleteI will do the dame soon & make someone feel good.
DeleteSweet gesture! Candy corn cupcakes? I'll have three, thank you. I love candy corn so much that I just bought a beach glass necklace that has been colorized to look like candy corn! Many years ago I donated my large glass jug full of beach glass that I had collected and this artist has progressed in her art extremely well.
ReplyDeleteI have only a very few pieces of sea glass. I really like it....and I like the jewelry made from it.
DeleteOh wow! That is so sweet for someone to give out flowers to random people. It's really such a small gesture and so many of us could do something similar just make folks smile Thanks for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteJust make someone feel good for a while....
DeleteWhat a lovely gesture! Hmmmm! That gives me an idea!
ReplyDelete...and your idea?
DeleteI love that act of kindness - so sweet!
ReplyDeleteThe Texas shaped chip is pretty cool.
Amazing sky shot!
It was very sweet! I'm gonna start the same.
DeleteWhat a wonderful gesture... glad your heat broke... wasn't sure if you were getting all of that rain the weatherman was mentioning... I recall the heat in Florida broke about this time and what a blessed relief... have a wonderful day! :)
ReplyDeleteHeat gone...now hoping & wishing for blue, clear skies! lol
DeleteMy goodness me what a surprise and wonderfully kind act. Let us know how paying it forward turns out.
ReplyDeleteIsaiah is tooo handsome for his own good. LOL I just want to reach thru the monitor for a rub.
I think our summer is over too 51 currently and blustery but sunny.
I HAVE JURY duty tomorrow. My #is 94...when I called to see if it was needed the need #1-306. Good grief...
Hugs Cecilia
I really dislike jury duty.
Delete