Before I left home for the morning, this was at the back dining room window; outside, just before sunrise. I've had two of these plants ever since we moved here, and this year they have bloomed more times than all the years put together! I don't know if it's the record breaking tonnage of rain or what, but I'll take it. The yard smells sweet, with a hint of cinnamon when I'm out cleaning out the bird bath and filling the feeders.



- - - -
I'm writing this up on October 4th, after a day of drive by shooting!! What I mean by that is, it was too hot [91 degrees in October!?!!], and stagnant, algae filled, water continues to stand in the low-lying fields around town. Which means those nasty mosquitoes are STILL thirsty for my blood!! I stick inside the car and photograph birds if and when I can while out shopping; taking the long way home.
I read on the news app that the city sprayed the little burg of Flour Bluff the night before for bugs, so I drove around the horsey-set ranches. Stopping on the narrow road, I saw many many cattle egrets, and a lone llama stranded in the slimy water...

- - - -
Do you ever watch movies over and over to the point you can recite at least some of the script? For instance, one I've been using lately, when I talk to Isaiah these days as I feed him, is from the movie, starrring Harry Belafonte and Rod Steiger [an old classic] - "In the Heat of the Night"....Only thing is I changed ONE VOWEL!!! "THEY CALL ME MR. TUBBS" [instead of Mr. Tibbs] Why, you ask? Here's why....our little kitten is NOT so little any longer...he's growing like a weed and getting heavier and heavier by the hour almost, or so it seems...
Mr. Tubbs----


- - - -
Things I've bought recently. And yes, they're nothing I could live without. Halloween Glow in the Dark knee high stockings, and a flickering jack o lantern..


...a pair of Texas A and M Longhorn earrings from the Botanical Gardens where I can get a membership discount:

...and a selfie stick!

- - - -
The book I'm reading now...

lots of smileson my face and laughter at Mr Tubbs, he is growing like a weed and so pretty. he is the exact opposite of our new Big Boy, black as night and Isaiah is all white... love your night blooming cactus, so beautiful, ours have bloomed all summer just like yours have. it is so hot here no standing water, but out east of us is still flooded in places, and my friend has a lake in their yard with water in the sheds
ReplyDeleteI like that it has bloomed so often!
DeleteI don't think I ever saw the movie "in the heat of the night" but I used to watch the tv series all the time. Mr Tubbs sure likes his food.
ReplyDeleteLove those glow in the dark knee highs. How fun. Your pumpkin is pretty cute too.
What's fun is...when I wiggle my toes the bones jiggle! lol
Deletewaw...Llama. I though Llama just living on the mountains.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day
People raise them...for what purpose, I don't know.
DeleteYour cat is huge, all right! And I can always count on you to get me in the Halloween spirit. Love the socks! :-)
ReplyDeleteLOL...yep, you know me all too well.
Deletekitteh is a little broad in the beam!! Beautiful flowers indeed.... My favorite "home" memories is the sweet smell of honeysuckle and Mock Orange. Growing up memories. :)
ReplyDeleteAhhh, yes. My MIL had a mock orange right by a window...the breeze just right, & the house would smell of citrus.
DeleteAnni looks like you are revving up for your favorite holiday. I must send you a photo you will love. We visited friends this past week. I've been friends with Sally since we were about 12. She always leaves us a surprise on our bed...like chocolates etc.
ReplyDeleteThis year she left us a trick or treat bag. I'll send you a photo of them to your email
Hugs Cecilia
How awesome! And fun, I'm sure.
DeleteYour "Mr. Tubbs" is absolutely gorgeous - from the side and back end views! Love your new socks and you sure have found some neat new purchases! I'll be looking for another "Anni's book review."
ReplyDeleteI ordered another book just released this month. I may quit on Hamilton when the new book arrives. lol
Delete