Watery Wednesday...

After walking around South Bay Park, I drove a short distance around the water to another park, Hans Suter Wildlife Refuge, and walked the trails. The shaded path kept me cool and out of the sunlight that was becoming uncomfortably warm...




At this area of town I spotted Cormorants, Osprey [see one with the 'kayaker?' photo at the beginning of this post]. I was literally chased and scolded by a Willet [I musta been too close to a hidden nest at one point and a 2nd adult Willet was in the muddy marsh nearby], white ibis, black necked stilts, brown pelicans, egrets, herons, thrashers and cardinals.

One of the Black Necked Stilts at Hans Suter Refuge
animated by Lunapic ,,,
... then optimized [instead of 6MB in size -it's now 510KB] for loading time and size using my
Computer Software Program


- - -

I was still short of my 10K, so I drove around the bay to the Army/Navy Base Road on Ward Island. There, I walked and scouted the shore birds with the sea breeze in my face...seeing terns, reddish egrets, snowy egrets, sea gulls, pelicans, plovers and watched the Navy Training Pilots land and take off while listening the the gentle surf, and viewing the wonderful, deep blue sky, focusing on the city skyline in the distance, and white thunderclouds form...


Note:  The last image in this series, center-right, there is a fish jumping in the bay...see the water disturbance?

...And so went my Wednesday Morning.  As I drove back toward the freeway to head home, this cloud formation, below, caught my eye and I brought out my cellphone and snapped away, eventually I was able to zoom in on it at the traffic light before the merge lane!!  Now that the sun is on the southerly track of our hemisphere, the sky blue is richer and less white hot!!  Especially when there is an air disturbance and a front over the Gulf.




26 comments :

  1. awesome cell phone pics, the second collage makes me feel happy when I look at it because I love bright sun, water views and rocks. so beautiful....if I had to walk in extreme heat that first collage is the best place to be, in the shade. love the bird in the water. I optimize mine in PicMonkey and do the water thing in PM did not realize it is done in lunapic to. I am going to look through lunapic and see if it will resize photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked....that 6MB for animation is WAY too big. Resizing would be ideal, but I couldn't find a thing in Lunapic, if you find it let me know.

      Delete
  2. Love the look of those trails. I would love to walk there. It's nice that you have such a variety of places to walk. I get bored with the same old scenery every time I head out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have to drive to get to these places. Walking around the 'hood would get mighty boring to be sure.

      Delete
  3. I like the picture of the bird that looks like it has looong legs and the unusual cloud formation. I mailed your book several days ago in Bulverde, Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I sent you an email early this morning...I hope you rec'd it. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I didn't see the fish jumping at first, but then I did! And that is a very cool animation program. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, I'm glad you spotted the fish jumpin'!!

      Delete
  5. I hope the kayak fellow did ok! Can't imagine trying to stand on one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I put a "?"...I'm not sure if it WAS a kayak.

      Delete
  6. I'm totally worn out after trying to keep up with you! The shaded paths are the best. What wonderful shots! (I love Lunapic)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the shaded parts of the park too....for many different reasons. By the way, I made your peanut butter cookies yesterday. Half recipe. Delicious.

      Delete
    2. Glad you liked the PB cookies. Ours are all gone already.

      Delete
    3. I'll be sure to make more!! Thanks for the recipe.

      Delete
  7. Hello, love the watery photos. Cool shot of the osprey and the stilt. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend, and thanks Eileen.

      Delete
  8. Lovely shots!!! I love the 4th one in. Super path shot... Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glad you decided to come along with me.

      Delete
  9. Awesome pics, you have big variety of birds there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Birdiest City in the USA" Or so I'm told. lol

      Delete
  10. Those paths look very inviting. I also love the cloud scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are so pretty and I like the addition of the animation too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari....I always treasure your positive feedback.

      Delete
  12. You have some great places to walk...I wish osprey were common here. I have only seen two in real life...and I am 61 years old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quite abundant here. Of course we have plenty of water/fish for them everywhere. One morning, driving to the islands, I spotted and counted 15 along the causeway.

      Delete

.