“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW
MY PHOTOS ARE NOT TO BE STOLEN FOR PERSONAL USE





Five on Friday

one:  Y'all know by now if you read my blog much, that both Bud and I really like NCIS [and NCIS New Orleans]. Well, we've collected, over the years, the DVDs for both; having ALL seasons for them in sets. We watch them off and on, and a few weeks ago, we watched a couple of programs from the 11th season of NCIS. It's been a while and I had completely forgotten one episode entitled "Homesick". The short synopsis: several children are sick and hospitalized throughout the Navy and NCIS is there with their forensic scientist, Abby, to find a cure for those youngsters. And in the hospital lies a very sick, young, little girl*. She is the main child in question of the mysterious illness...anyway, long ago, when we first watched it, I told Bud "That looks just like me!" "When I was her age." The past week or so, I've been sorting through old photographs; some of which I shared here recently. I came upon my photo to show Bud how closely the two of us [the girl in the hospital on NCIS and me] resemble each other. You take a gander and see if you don't agree with me, Bud, and now that I sent it off to my sister, she too was flabbergasted at the closeness in looks and some features!




two:   Do We Look Alike?

Do We Look Alike?
Yes
No
survey maker


* photo of young girl from NCIS found with Google Search




- - -



three:  I kept telling Erik that the Burgers at FIVE GUYS are the best! And this proves it. His favorite is Smashburger...well, I tellya now....Five Guys' burgers beat out Smashburger 'by a mile'!!!



photo source: Google Search



- - -

four:  Once again, Colorado [my 'home' state] got bomb-blasted with a Spring Snow and Ice storm this week!! Power outages and other weather related traumas like broken trees and downed power lines. Here's a texted image of my sister's yard on May 18th...



...I am thankful Bud and I don't have to contend with this. I'll take the humidity and gripe all I want...I know it was our choice to get away from stuff like the above.


- - -


five:  I am definitely NOT naval jargon savvy! So, there is a supertanker supposedly coming into the Corpus Christi Ship Channel [at Port Aransas] to dock for the first time in its history at Ingleside, Texas. I wanna be there at the channel to watch it come in. Now, thing is, it's supposed to be here for a test run along the channel to see how everything goes on the 22nd of May....Monday. I was informed by the chamber of commerce in Ingleside that there is NO specific time frame ... it depends on tide and weather! Good grief. They're telling this novice in a round-about way that I need to read charts? Out to google I go! LOL What a riot...



Bud, being a Navy seaman long ago, told me that the ship will use 'high tide' to be able to make the run along the channel...the chart depicts high tide around NOON...that means I should be there anywhere from 7 am to infinity in my estimation! It's gonna be a long day. Just hope the weather is good on Monday


If this is successful testing, and all works well, Ingleside Texas will be the FIRST IN USA to have a supertanker dock area. Exciting.

Wish me luck...and hopefully if all goes according to plan, I just may get pictures.

photo source: Google Search

46 comments :

  1. Love Five Guys....burgers are never frozen, and those Idaho fries... Good luck with the super tanker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....those fries! Yum.
      Thanks for the 'good luck' on the ship.

      Delete
  2. I think you two look identical! How spooky!
    Thanks for joining in with Five on Friday, have a fantastic weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are definitely twins with that young girl. And I saw that the season finale of NCIS was last night be I didn't watch it. I've kind of stopped watching much TV lately and have been much more involved with Netflix and books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't watched it yet...it has to be online.

      Delete
  4. I do not like the soggy rolls that Five Guys serves with their very good burger. Always soggy - I gave them several chances. Friends in CO love the recent snow! They didn't loose power, though. NCIS is a favorite show and you sure do resemble the little girl in that episode. The supertanker dock area IS an exciting possibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No soggy buns at our 5 guys! Thank goodness!!

      Delete
  5. since my glass is always half empty, I see a supertanker as potential oil spills in our gulf.. that said I can't wait to see your photos of it and wear lots of sunscreen... we love five guys but eat Culvers more than the guys, we think they are about equal but guys is LOUD, really loud, music and it echos with voices of people eating and the guys screaming out orders. on pretty outside days we eat out on the side walk.. have never had smashburger, but I love almost all burgers except McDonalds which I just can't eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness our 5 Guys isn't loud. The music is soft, the patrons talk quietly...but they do call the order number...it doesn't bother me tho.

      Delete
  6. Hi! You sure do look like the little girl in that picture.

    We'll enjoy seeing pictures of that super tanker. :) We're not missing the job at sea, but we did leave some great friends there. Fortunately, we stay in touch via my blog and Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois...it's good to keep in touch.

      Delete
  7. Amazing resemblance! Summer started here in Finland -today- but before we got hails & snow on many occasions in May. Let's hope the summer artives to your 'home' Colorado as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will eventually, but summers are short in that state.

      Delete
  8. Leroy Jethro Gibbs! Excuse me while I go and swoon somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting post! We used to watch NCIS religiously, but somewhere along the way, dropped off. We are avid Blacklist watchers. Yes, you looked exactly like that little girl (and were adorable!) So interesting about the Navy ship! Our friends in Colorado had insurance repaint their house due to hail damage! We had some damage while we were gone from home, just a little to two cars...and apparently now our deck will need to be restained! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not NAVY per sé, it's a petroleum tanker.

      Thanks Marie.

      Delete
  10. Maybe you are that actress and it's just slipped your memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...my memory surely isn't what it used to be, that's for sure.

      Delete
  11. Wow Anni, you look so much like the little girl. I don't know the different types of burgers you talk of! I'll look out for the tanker photos on Monday. Have a great weekend. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I will get ANY photos, but I hope I will. Keep your fingers crossed.

      Delete
  12. Good luck with the photo taking! My family loves Five Guys too. We don't tend to eat out a lot but that is one of their favourites. I think the peanuts help lol. I'm glad it's someone else having the snow and not us.

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud likes gnawing on the peanuts too.

      Delete
  13. Hello Anni, you do look like the little girl from NCIS. We like Five Guys too, but we try not to go there too often! It would be cool to see the ship arrive! Have a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, eating burgers there can be lethal! LOL...thanks, and have a great weekend yourself.

      Delete
  14. That's pretty amazing how much you look alike. Ive had a five guys burger, they are really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, so good I kinda crave 'em every once in a while. But most times I stick to the 'healthier' turkey burger...grilled at home. lol

      Delete
  15. You look sooo much alike - it's crazy!
    I need to go to Five Guys again!
    I heard about your weather. That's crazy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nearing 90 here, but very chilly where my sister is.
      Ya, let's BOTH go to five guys...I'll meet you there.

      Delete
  16. We had plenty of snow last winter and I still can see it in the MT and it fine there for now.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind snow.....in pictures!!! lol

      Delete
  17. Quite the resemblance. You could be sisters or at least from the same country. (That's a dumb statement and supposed to be) I surmise you are
    also having a heck of a lot of fun with with tanker landing. Hope you don't have to fight the crowds. The 5 guys with burgers never made it out our way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are 'burger joints' that are just as good somewhere close by you.

      Delete
  18. I wish you luck on those pictures Anni. You are a doppelgänger of that young girl in the NCIS episode. 5-Guys is our favorite cheeseburger by far. And the fries are the best too but try to limit our visits. I guess the skiers in Colorado love that snow. Thanks for visiting me. You asked a question about Today's Flowers. I closed it after I got sick a few month's back. I had asked if anyone would like to replace me as host but there were no takers, and as I was finding it a bit overwhelming I decided to quietly close the meme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, okay Denise, thanks for updating me on the meme. I was wondering about it for some time.

      Hope you're doing well by now.

      Delete
  19. Hope they keep that white stuff over in Colorado. Yikes! Hope you don't have to wait too long on Monday to see the super tanker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, I can't agree more...keep that white stuff where I'm not! lol

      Delete
  20. Can't believe there's still snow about. Your pictures are lovely and you look so like that girl - uncanny.
    That tide chart looks really complicated - a big ship like that will need a lot of water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there is lots of water to be sure....just reading the tide chart had me scratching my head!! lol

      Delete
  21. Great post Annie! Yes, that little girl favors the little girl in you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes there's definitely a strong likeness. I can't say I watch it but my parents seem to. Happy site seeing with the ships. Have a good week, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...& have a great week ahead yourself, Cathy.

      Delete
  23. Oh, I do hope you have good look and don't have to stay there till doomsday.

    As for the pics, I would have sworn they were one and the same girl if you had not told otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I hope I don't miss it coming in.

      Delete

.