“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW





Ya, Whatever!!

While we recently experienced a flooding downpour on Friday and part of Saturday morning, when I couldn't be outdoors, I took to the desktop and played with some of my sketches and photos with the application found online...Lunapic. Here are the results.  As always I add the original in a smaller inset:


The Gannet [bird] sketch was enhanced with the art filter "Homer" and on the Poinsettia sketch I used Vignette/Christmas


Behind the tree a Great Blue Heron appeared - I used the animation "water" but did not save it as a gif file.  Instead, for the water effect, I turned it into a reflection only and a jpg file.  The finch I used the art effect filter "Sadness".



This photo of a loading chute on the historic ranch camp land on Padre Island, I used the effect "Scribble" and for my caricature of our now president, ready? I used the art filter "Fairy".

- - -

I learned a nifty trick with Firefox Browser. Maybe you know this already, but I didn't...so, I thought I'd share... Using tabs, have you ever deleted "x" a tab in error and "lost" it, only to have to go to your history and re-find it to install it again? Well here's the trick. Again, this is Firefox....if you want the tab to reopen, just click and hold SHIFT CTRL T - the tab reappears instantly. IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM

Also, a couple of windows tips:

To close a tab/window and return to previous page CTRL W
As you browse, enlarge text CTRL + = plus key
As you browse, make text smaller CTRL - =minus key
Toggle Full Screen F11

- - -

Our kitchen is almost done with getting rid of  'junk' ...the last room in the house!  Then, we're DONE.  The job I did this weekend was to do the oven and stovetop.  Of course the oven itself is 'self cleaning'...so all I did was set the time and locked the oven door.  The stovetop is a whole 'nother thing.  It was all torn apart, and soaked what could be soaked in a grease cutter liquid - it now sparkles!!


- - -

Note to self:  Get oil changed in car.  I checked the oil life Sunday on the auto and it's down to 18%!!  Too low for me to be comfortable with.  I don't want any dash warning lights coming on if I can help it.

25 comments :

  1. That's a cool effects app, will check it out I will, you've created some lovely images there. We're also getting quite a bit of rain, and after the drought last year, I welcome every drop. Even if things start leaking and the lawn is water logged and there are puppy prints all over the tiles... water is too precious. Keep well Anni, and have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems lately a never ending cycle of floods then drought here too.

      Enjoy your week ahead too Ms. V

      Delete
  2. Very nice edits to your pictures.
    I had to try out the shift ctrl T thing. Now if I can only remember it. Keyboard shortcuts have a very short lifespan in my memory bank. The Ctrl + is a good one too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...me too. The whole trick of the tricks is to remember 'em.

      Delete
  3. Hello, the lunapic edits are wonderful. Love the Gannet. I should write down these keyboard shortcuts, I never can remember them. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen...have a great week ahead too. And yes, I'd love to see the gannet in the 'wild' instead of where I've found 'em - in the rehab from injuries. Better there than nowhere I guess.

      Delete
  4. my favorite is the cartoon, just love it and laughed out loud. 2nd is the bird with sadness. I have played with that edit a lot. these are beautiful and once again I wish I had your talent for sketching. I knew the key strokes, but not the W in Firefox, tried it in edge just now, it closes the tabs. I am a key stroke person. ctrl C copies, ctol V pastes and control Z cuts. F4 closes the browser. I use those every day.. I try to stay off the mouse when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, me too....I seem to keep going back to the 'sadness' effect myself. And you're like my daughter using keystrokes for short cuts. Me? I like playing with my mouse. lol

      Delete
  5. I love that photo app. After I finish I'll go check it out. I especially like the "scribble" effect, and the gannet is wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warning: Addictive.

      Thanks D J

      Delete
  6. Addictive warning got to me too late! I do use key strokes, but not a mouse on the laptop -trackpad. Once I got the knack of it, I cannot go back! No windows here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is the same way....key strokes instead of mouse.

      Delete
  7. I meant that my use of windows is different than yours.


    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Anni. Thanks for sharing so much with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Paula....how are you doing? Hope some of it [the tips] comes in handy for you in the future.

      Delete
  9. My favorite is the Gannet! And your edit of the Finch does indeed make him look a bit sad. You have a talent for editing. That goes along with you being an artist. I had Firefox for many years. Then it got corrupted and our computer guy had to give me a different browser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny.
      So, now what browser do you use?

      Delete
  10. How I enjoy your creative photos and edits! You are an inspiration with your kitchen! I had navy bean soup to explode in the microwave at lunch and I am procrastinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I am sure that was a mess.

      Delete
  11. WOW......Anni what a beautiful post. Might I ask how you put the original photo as an insert when using LunaPic. I just started playing with LunaPic but I have not run into that feature yet.

    WooHoo on a sparkling kitchen.
    Hugs and Madi says thank you for the bday wishes
    Cecilia and the Diva

    ReplyDelete
  12. fun and pretty edits. looks like you occupied yourself well during miserable weather. we actually had a little snow Sunday morning, but gone by lunch and then a beautiful sunny day. :)
    Wal-mart does suck! customer service is awful that's why I'm rarely there.

    I just got a pic of my first Brown Thrasher!! it was really late in the day and he or she was at our feeder. I'll post the photo even though it's not very good.
    happy days to you,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their song is pretty. Neat birds.

      Delete
  13. I love your sketches...I knew about making the text larger or smaller with the Cont key and + pr - sign, but did not know about the control/shift/t....thanks...if I could just remember them and the alt key ones...I can remember about 4 of the alt key short cuts and that is about it.

    ReplyDelete

.