Don't Blame ME if you Decided To Stick Around...

MY MONDAY

It continues...it remains soggy and the landscape is full of muddy misery everywhere my eyes can see. The fields around the outskirts of town have become marshland with standing water in the low lying areas. And I remain indoors. A shut-in. And I don't like it much. So, I read a lot. Get bored with that. I play games on the cellphone, and different ones on my desktop. :::yawn::: After taking the car in, finally, to get the oil changed, I take myself out to lunch...then, I'm back indoors. Hmmmm, what to do? I think of taking out my sketch pad. But, as I sit there with the tablet and pencil in my hands, I try to think of what to draw. Of course, since I can't be out traipsing around and searching for the early migrant birds, I figure I'll draw a bird. I haven't sketched a peregrine falcon...so, that is what I begin---



---

Since I more or less used a scratch and scribble technique without much concentration on detailing, I finished all too soon. I thought of adding a bit of color with my colored pencils and nixed the idea. I may someday add the bronze and grey shades of the peregrine. Maybe. But, I finished for now---




* * * * *

What else can I add to this post, I wonder?
I need something that is light, instead of all the gloom and despair I'm having. Did I mention that I am a shut-in?  Oh I know. Something I borrowed from our local news app!!  When I saw it and read the article, I thought it was on the funny side...


You see, there was a guy that the CCPD was following. The lights were flashing, the other driver finally pulled over, but fled the scene! Now, this is the funny part [at least for me] The news photographer captured this....what do you see? Illegal, right?  You don't see it?  The policeman stopped in front of a fire hydrant. That's a no no in EVERY city, county, state! Guess he figured he was above the law. Okay, then to top it off, being in the close vicinity of a fire hydrant, notice what is coming out of the patrol vehicle? Yep!! Smoke!! Now what caused the car to catch fire?!! My guess is....he was smoking in the vehicle. That's a no-no again. He flipped the cigarette [or cigar] out the driver's window and my theory is, it didn't fall in the street [where littering is illegal]...it instead ended up in the back seat/floor of the SUV and heated things up a little bit. Needless to say, it just caught my funny bone where I had to laugh at the hilarity of it all. Wonder if the news photographer made a citizen's arrest for a vehicle parked in an improper zone. Was the run-a-way apprehended? Don't ask me, I was too busy giggling!!!


- - -

Are you as bored as I am with this?  I'm not done yet.  Here are some randoms....


Getting enough fiber in your diet is essential. Wood is considered fiber, no?

On Sunday morning I stopped at a small city park with a pond. Not much happening tho. The usual, gulls, pigeons, ducks, ibis, cormorants, geese...

...some courtin'




...some are hen pecked. But that's nuttin' to crow about.



...some played chicken with the street traffic. [these two were last seen heading down Holly RD. Not squished]



...and not to bore you any further I close with Larry Moe and Curly. You can go out and tell everyone you know that you've been goosed at Hootin' Anni's today!!! And send them an invitation to experience the whole shebang for themselves. You know where to find me. I'm home...a shut-in!!!!



44 comments :

  1. That policeman is going to be filling out paperwork for a month and attending remedial training and getting evaluated
    Sorry you are shut in, my brother lives in Corpus and he talks about the constant rain. He ran in a 5K in the rain on Saturday.
    One day the sun will shine again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this morning we just may have some sunshine! Your brother was brave to be out running the 5k in the rain!!

      Delete
  2. SOUnds like you are having some of my days. When I am not sitting with my mom I am patiently waiting for my camera to be fixed. This morning I drove over to the shop only to discover that they didn't fix the camera itself and the zoom lens would have cost almost as much to replace as it would to be fixed...so I am left with NOTHING. Right now I am pondering a 50X something or other that would not need a new lens...but not reall sure I want another one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, whatever you decide, I feel for you. Life in blogging without a camera just doesn't work too well.

      Delete
  3. Well you may be bored but I find your shut in self to be quite entertaining

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see me when I'm NOT shut in. lol

      Delete
  4. That is great. Things like this happen all the time and some even worse. Police are need but they do not always follow the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very seldom do you see something such as this, I know. But it hit my funny bone just right. I had to laugh.

      Delete
  5. Well, I must say ~ it must be 'in the air' ~ as it seems that every post I went to there was a sense of disorganization and weirdness ~ lovely photos came out of each ~ Full moon??? LOL ~ Annie you draw very well and your photos are delightful as is your post ~ thanks for sharing 'as it' ~ it worked
    Wishing you a peaceful week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Carol. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. We have been rain free for a little under a week now. Hopefully this continues through the spring. Hope you will have sunny days soon.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too....the skies cleared late in the day on Monday. Maybe the stormy weather is over for a while.

      Delete
  7. Oh Anni, what a fun post! My Monday was spent in the house too because it is rainy and cold...unusual for north Florida this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too cold for us Southerners?!! Indeed.

      Delete
  8. A fun and interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you get bored, you get creative! I love the goat getting roughage especially, and getting goosed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't tell a soul that you enjoyed getting goosed!! :snicker:

      Delete
  10. You are so talented! I wish I had just a smidgen of your artistic ability.
    I'm laughing about the policeman too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like "Kids say the darndest things"...only in this case it's "Cops do the stupidest things". lol

      Thanks Mari.

      Delete
  11. I love to watch your drawing process! Your Peregrine is excellent and beautiful. What a funny story! I wonder if the policeman will even get in trouble! Love the puffed up pigeon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the female wasn't a bit impressed with his puffed out beauty. lol

      Thanks Ginny

      Delete
  12. You might be shut-in but you have a good sense of humor. we'll be begging for this rain in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I've thought the very same....by August we'll be praying for moisture.

      Delete
  13. Even being a shut in today, you created a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terra. I hope to get out today. Late yesterday it finally cleared out and the sky was blue....maybe I can get my daily routine and be outdoors. Yay.

      Delete
  14. the goat all by itself made me HAPPY with your post and a few giggles from the silly cop. I am wondering if he was intending to open the fire hydrant and hose out the fire, but then where is the hose? hummmmm I love being goosed.. the rooster is magnificent... doves are so sweet and we call them dodo birds because they really are not very intelligent. they will sit in the back yard and stare at Jake while all the smart birds KNOW he is a Jakeasuaruas..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of doves, I've often wondered just how their laid eggs remain in the nest and then fledge...have you seen their nests? Maybe a dozen twigs with lots of air seen throughout.

      I think the cop was just getting out of harms way in case it did MORE than just smoke...y'know?

      Delete
  15. oops forgot. my favorite part of your sketch is the BEAK, it is so real it could peck me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol....I will refrain from any remark about its pecker.
      Thanks Sandra...glad you liked the beak in the sketch.

      Delete
  16. Wonderful sketch and lovely shots of the critters. It's wet and muddy here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hope it dries up for us both, real soon. Thanks Fi

      Delete
  17. Oh, my, being a shut in when you don't want to be a shut in can be pretty bad. But, I couldn't WAIT to be a shut in for a few months after spending so many years at sea and adhering to constant requirements of immigration, itineraries, meal schedules, etc. There's no place like home.

    I hope you can plan your escape soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am never happy 'til I'm outdoors. I don't like being indoors much.

      Delete
  18. That goat with the stubby legs is so cute. I think I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You should have been here to enjoy Lorelei taking a bath...you would not have been bored. She was singing most of the time...and when not singing saying a poem she memorized today. And no, she didn't have to memorize it...she just like it and read 5 times she said...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your sketch and wish I had that talent...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful sketch! I love your pretty chickens and geese. I feel your pain about being trapped. Those two weeks snowed in were no fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I bet that was torture. At least I can get out and about...just not the beaches. lol

      Delete
  22. Enjoyable post...I love your drawing...how I wish I could draw....Michelle

    ReplyDelete

.